Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #121
palauoriginal

Trader Rating: (0)
palauoriginal can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this got me interested. they made the car sound so affordable for the performance...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #122
Piggy
Zilvia Junkie

Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point
After reading everyone's view of being a bandwagoner, I'm not really sure what I would fall into.

My first car was a 91 hatch with a stock redtop and a welded diff. I bought it for 2k from CL Arkansas (2007-8, Junior in high school). I honestly randomly stumbled upon it and had heard of an sr20 but didn't know from where. I did research right then and there and decided that was something I really wanted; I wanted it for the turbo mainly. I replaced suspension and gave it new subframe bushings, along with the water pump that went out and head gasket that blew. That was how it remained as a daily and autoX'er. I hated it as a daily because of the random rattling coming from everywhere that I could never seem to make go away. It had no radio so that did get very old. It was a lot of fun at autoX, but I was never fast. I spent most of the time correcting slides; while fun, not the point. So with that, I first entered a Honda after graduating and having enough to own 2 cars (summer 2009). I bought a 96 Civic coupe for $1k, spent $500 a b20b, changed to S2 b18 intake mani, $350 for a local GSR tranny, cheap coilovers, Hx wheels with decent tires, and proceeded to win 3 races in a row. So, with that, I didn't start with Honda's, but like them for what they are. They could fuel my hobby for racing on the weekends and at a very reasonable price. Fast-forward to late 2010 when I met The local shop owner at a meet. His shop was in charge of anything coming out of our area with a crazy swap. He introduced me to track days by taking me to Barber's raceway in AL. I rode with him all day in his Evo ten as we sped past 911's, Zr1's, ect. It didn't take much thought to see there was no way either of my cars could be competitive at this and luckily around this time I started my career. So winter 2010 saw the start, and summer 2011 saw the completion of my first track day oriented car - a 92 coupe, s2 rb25, holset hx35, Apexi, greddy, ect bla (alottamula). I went back to Barber's and had an epic time passing $100k+ cars in my single stage white painted coupe. It had one other major track xp at Laguna Seca (living the dream). By this time I had traded my DD gs300 for a Kouki with an rb20. It was a salvaged titled car that I was building with the intention of getting into drifting the right way- the first time. I made the front a bash-bar setup and threw on some Origin to get the look, but I missed my Gs300 which brings me to current day. I'm trying the vip life this summer since I'm settling down a bit with the female. As for the popularity of the 'scene', it hasn't affected any decision I've made and I've honestly not noticed it in my area. 240sx's are very rare where I'm at; I actually saw the first and only stock S14 in Meridian, MS only yesterday.

Sorry for the length, I just really like the brutal honesty in this thread so far.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #123
Niterdr
Leaky Injector

Niterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really niceNiterdr is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Niterdr
i just wish they wouldn't all get molested or trashed. alot of the ones i see on the road look like complete trash cuz banged up means you have street cred.
Niterdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #124
BoredEE
Leaky Injector

BoredEE is an unknown quantity at this point
For me in high school (2000) I always wanted a slightly different car. I liked the idea of rear wheel drive, it seemed like every car was FWD or AWD. To me AWD feels like FWD too much of the time. I liked the old 944 (never driven), miata's and even crown victorias (cheap as hell, slow and boat but still neat). I realized the 944 would be too much work and expensive parts, the miata is a death trap and the crown vic would be alright but its a boat, no way around that. However, I'm still debating buying one, could be a good tow vehicle. I also looked into the mustang but I HATE the seating position, I don't know why they think everyone wants to drive it with a gangster lean. I prefer the vertical seat back that the japanese and sedans provide.

I waited until I graduated college and got a decent job before I started shopping. I found out all about engine swaps and the healthy after-market support for the s chassis platform and I was sold. Sadly I paid a healthy drift tax and I end up having the car in parts more often than I like.

If no one were driving 5000lbs trucks I would own a miata. In a miata my damn head is no taller than the door line of a new camry. When you are next to a 18 wheeler and you can't see the top of its wheels you know any accident will be ugly.
BoredEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #125
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
while you're saving for the Z, you may want to save up for a real set of wheels too

i cant believe in this imaginary "if i could do it all over again" scenerio, you're dreaming of knockoff wheels

this is it folks, ROCK fucking bottom

Somebody get this crybaby a pacifier. Got another grown man worrying about what i do with my money.Lord have mercy!!!!
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #126
s13dood

s13dood is an unknown quantity at this point
I first drove a 240 when i was 17. I was never into the car scene, I thought it was stupid to have a loud,low car and drag race. I was always into pre-runner/ lifted trucks more than anything. One day my buddy let me take his s13 for a spin and it changed my life.The feeling and sound I got from the car was unreal.I had never experienced a " race car" untill then.Since then I have owned 3 240's and have never looked back.
s13dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #127
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm not going to jump in and say that I've ALWAYS wanted to own one. I was a young pup when I had seen my first Option VHS (I believe I was in grade 6). It was my friend's brothers copy (Their parents moved them to Canada to go to school). Anyways, I thought it was crazy the way they were speeding and sliding around mountain passes and various tracks.

From then I was more interested in motor sports and cars in general. I ended up buying a RHD Zenki and loved it since it was cheap fun. I ended up selling it since I was in school and it's stupid spending money on something like that, rather then saving and coming out of school debt free.

I'll be back in something fun next year...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #128
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This:
[/QUOTE]

And:

and this cool guy and his even cooler wife:

and this guy:

and this car:

and this car

All got me hooked. Picked up my 89 pignose in 2006 for 2300. Its no longer daily driven and now looks like this: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...67666028_o.jpg

I didnt want to embed it because for some reason it did not want to automatically resize
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #129
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ZenkiKid those are the exact cars that got me hooked too.

and this event in 2003:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwQk4YzRH90

there is a better video online somewhere but I don't have time to look for it now. Brian has a picture of the back of my head standing next to Koguchi doing a burnout, I'll dig it up. I was like 15 or 16 and had a 510 at the time.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote