Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-31-2005, 07:45 PM   #91
MakotoS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastback180
..but when you see a real nice ass S14 rocking a sparkling paint job, and the body is scraping the ground on bumps...you gotta love it.
the hell i do. i prefer function over form if it comes down to the wire and slamming like that belongs on show cars. maybe if you redid the whole undercarriage to give more clearance it'd be cool but scrapping really just isn't kosher.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2005, 08:24 PM   #92
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the GR6 too and want to lower my car even more but my front tires already rub as it is (mostly because of the offseted wheels and my refusal to give up stock diamater) but the biggest problem with the GR6's is that stupid little tiny allen key they use to lock up the spanner perches. I went to go raise my car the other day and that tiny 5mm allen key was stripped. I haven't even adjusted them since the first week I got them back about 6 months ago. I plan on just using a bigger allen key to get it out of all 4 of them and leaving them out so i'll atleast be able to adjust them. Otherwise, they perform and look nice.
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #93
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Makoto: you really don't know what you are talking about dude. But that's nothing new. The car feels like it's on rails. Literally. Lower CG is always better, on a race or street car. You might not think scraping is ok, but the benefits outweigh the costs. And like I said earlier, it looks hot to boot.

Yea, those little allen keys aren't for a shit. I don't have any of them. Tighten the collars down properly and you don't need those little allens.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #94
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i dont quite understand how you drive around that low...when i pull into my driveway, i scrape my rocker panels...and my car is a good 2" higher then yours

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 PM   #95
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
also, how does your tire clear the wiring harness? is it relocated?

i just dont see how this works...

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 03-31-2005, 11:30 PM   #96
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought they would be at recommended height when they came out of the box. I couldn't have been any more wrong but my rear was slammed and I drove about 10 miles with that before I readjusted it because it was dark, cold, and I was lazy.

Heres the night I put them on

Even at that setting, It road smooth, went over potholes and felt just as it does when I go over them at my current height.

Heres how it sits now though. Very comfortably, I'm able to get up most driveway entrances and speed bumps.

My front tires just barley rub at full lock both ways. I adjusted the caster and still have the same problem. That has been the biggest reason I haven't slammed it even more and I dont even have tie rods with spacers. Maybe i'll go lower profile but I really like how the car looks on stock diameter wheels. Hows the rub at full lock with yours?
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #97
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
I dunno how to describe how it works. It just does. I take everything at the shallowest angle possible. However, I just took the 18's off, put the 17's back on, and with the 205/40's my exhaust is literally 1 finger off the ground. Don't know what I'm gonna do about it, but no bueno how it is now. Guess I'm gonna have to raise the rear until I figure out another option.

Wiring harness is just pulled out of the wheel well area, and ziptied on the little seam that is on the side of the frame above the outside of the wheel well. So it's out of the way, but nothing crazy like run inside the engine bay.

Edit: I just went out and measured the height of the rear of my car. 550mm. Now I know why my exhaust is 1 finger off the ground. Gonna have to raise it up a little. Took it for a little drive and, well you can imagine.

Last edited by RBS14; 04-01-2005 at 01:28 AM..
RBS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #98
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
Makoto: you really don't know what you are talking about dude.

No...

He doesn't

I was totally talking about cars with dope body work and paint job, getting their bumpers ripped off by the zip-ties and tape on that shit...the fiberglass is all broken and frayed on the bottom of the bumper.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 AM   #99
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Damn !!! how hot is a car slammed like the couple in the pics before..
Mine was 90mm on front and 70mm on back of the sideskirt..but I've change setup 'cause I hit a bumper that is just in front of my house, only way to go home..
Now is about 100mm front and 80back..but you have never seen hour street..one time I've hit the side in a normal corner in a normal street..shitty road..
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #100
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
hey guys, instead of starting up a new thread and clogging up the forum....i decided i would post it inthis thread.

so anyways i ve had my gr-6's installed since end of july. anyways ive had some MAF troubles ( sucked up water through my filter) so ive finally fixed it and ive been driving my car daily since last saturday! Anyways as we speak, the top of my fender to the ground is 52inches from the ground ( not sure in mm). Anyways i was just wondering if its normal for the gr 6's to make noise when you get out of entrances at low speeds and hit small bumps at low speeds and also when you turn you wheel. Ive heard through the grape vines that pillow ball mounts tend to be noisy. is this true? and would it be the pillow ball mounts making that noise? ive checked all the nuts and bolts and everythings seems to be tight! Anyways, id greatly appreciate it if the owners of gr 6's could give me some feed back.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #101
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx
hey guys, instead of starting up a new thread and clogging up the forum....i decided i would post it inthis thread.

so anyways i ve had my gr-6's installed since end of july. anyways ive had some MAF troubles ( sucked up water through my filter) so ive finally fixed it and ive been driving my car daily since last saturday! Anyways as we speak, the top of my fender to the ground is 52inches from the ground ( not sure in mm). Anyways i was just wondering if its normal for the gr 6's to make noise when you get out of entrances at low speeds and hit small bumps at low speeds and also when you turn you wheel. Ive heard through the grape vines that pillow ball mounts tend to be noisy. is this true? and would it be the pillow ball mounts making that noise? ive checked all the nuts and bolts and everythings seems to be tight! Anyways, id greatly appreciate it if the owners of gr 6's could give me some feed back.
Pillowballs don't make noise unless they clunk. If they clunk there junk. I was considering cutting the frame rails and useing 1/4" thick steel plates and weld them directly where the OE frame rails run under the car. Better ground clearance on the car, fuk the exhaust, $200 SPL style so you don't cringe when it gets knocked off.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #102
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview_180sx
Pillowballs don't make noise unless they clunk. If they clunk there junk. I was considering cutting the frame rails and useing 1/4" thick steel plates and weld them directly where the OE frame rails run under the car. Better ground clearance on the car, fuk the exhaust, $200 SPL style so you don't cringe when it gets knocked off.
ummm.......so any idea what could be making the noise?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #103
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
52 inches from fender to ground, shits TIGHT. i wish my car was 5 feet off the ground.

you check the top nuts on the coilovers? and are you low enough to where you are drooping the spring?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #104
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
52 inches from fender to ground, shits TIGHT. i wish my car was 5 feet off the ground.

you check the top nuts on the coilovers? and are you low enough to where you are drooping the spring?
wait a minute..... 52 inches?!?!?! does that sound right hehheheh maybe i screwed that number up..... anyways i got 18's and i cant fit my index finger between the tire and the fender!

and the top nuts are tight!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #105
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
52 inches is 4' 4"
Jcb890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #106
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

maybe its 25? would that sound about right?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #107
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
25" is 2' 1" just go take a tape measure to it
Jcb890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #108
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

come to think about it....... it was 25!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #109
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

haha I'm at 22 1/4. Woot!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #110
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
haha I'm at 22 1/4. Woot!
what size rims? stock aero or body kit?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #111
Chasmoore04
Zilvia Junkie

Chasmoore04 is making a name for him/her selfChasmoore04 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Chasmoore04 Send a message via Yahoo to Chasmoore04
that looks good. Too bad Q-com has dranage ditches, are you gonna lift it back up a bit?
Chasmoore04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #112
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

17x9. I got some weird clunking coming from my gr-6's too in the past few days. never before. Only thing I can recommend to you is to make sure the top nut on the pillowball is tight. They came loose when I had HE's and made the same sound. When I get the time, i'll make sure mine are tight.

I raised it up about 5mm to clear the tread on new tires, but that's it. I'm contemplating notching the fenders, but I think I'll wait till I get spacers.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #113
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
dude I daily drive a car like that.... on NEW ENGLAND ROADS. you got nothing on me lol. i can just fit my shoe underneath my kit and I have to keep the stock front lip because its urethane and bends when i jam the jack under there to work on the car. you just have to have half a brain to know how to drive a car that way watching out for stupid crap. I only have a problem with 1 speedbump in my area because theres a sinkhole after it. coilovers are stiff enough that its not much of an issue... the car is only gonna travel so much... if you slammed it that way on ebay cut springs and stock shocks then your in trouble.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #114
young gun

young gun can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz
dude I daily drive a car like that.... on NEW ENGLAND ROADS. you got nothing on me lol. i can just fit my shoe underneath my kit and I have to keep the stock front lip because its urethane and bends when i jam the jack under there to work on the car. you just have to have half a brain to know how to drive a car that way watching out for stupid crap. I only have a problem with 1 speedbump in my area because theres a sinkhole after it. coilovers are stiff enough that its not much of an issue... the car is only gonna travel so much... if you slammed it that way on ebay cut springs and stock shocks then your in trouble.
wtf are you babbaling about?
young gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:29 PM   #115
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:34 PM   #116
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have to keep the stock front lip because its urethane and bends when i jam the jack under there to work on the car.
are you seriously this fucking retarded?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #117
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

haha I know you're soked on your car, but that definately sounded retarded.

You can barely fit your shoe under your "kit"?

I can't believe you only have trouble with one speed bump. My car doesn't even go over speedbumps. At all. hahaha
Old 10-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #118
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
how's the bumpsteer? which ends are you running?

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #119
Ian
Post Whore!

i just had did an event yesterday...and i damn near rubbed all the way through my wiring harness...and i have it pulled up over my fender lip too!

it's rubbing right at the firewall where the wires come out...it's about .75" away from the metal at full lock pointing left...i'm gonna have to relocate it thru the engine bay i guess...i hate working on electical shit

on another note, how does your front clear in any way shape or form? lol, my car is a good 2" higher then yours w/ 225/45/17 in the front and i get smoke from my front fender when i get deep angle and high speed.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 10-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #120
sr_drifter
Leaky Injector