Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Best place to pick up a lower control arm?

I took out my right rear lower control arm on my s14 today and was wondering where the cheapest place to get one was or if anyone knew anyone with an extra one they wanted to sell. thx! I really need it asap so let me know
thx!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
s13irdie2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
s13irdie2 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you can try a local junkyard. itll be hard to find a s14 though.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
Nah dont hit your local junk yard unless you are 100 percent sure its going to be there otherwise you are only wasting your time. I've taken my control arms about 3 times... no i aint a crappy driver but understeer is a bitch with crappy tires.

Anyways check http://car-part.com . The shipping for small parts like this dont come out to be too expensive which was the only reason why i didnt even consider looking on the internet and took about 1 month when i took the first one out because i was trying really hard to get it locally.

Or you can go to the "Wanted to Buy" section but i really recommend car-part.com .

Good luck.
m0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
PDM sells them with a new balljoint and poly bushing already pressed in for a whopping $263 a pop....
Old 03-23-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
eyustfu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
eyustfu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
spend a little extra cash and get the adjustable ones from SPL Parts
eyustfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 AM   #6
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

What the hell pdm dosent even sell lower control arms for a s14. SPL parts dose but for about $600 for just one its a really expensive upgrade and this is the only one available for a s14. I've done a lot of research and the only way to upgrade is to have some custome made by a performance shop with spherical bearings for about $400 a pop. Or just buy the spherical bearing from i dont know who but you have to cut your lower control arm and weld the spherical bearing which is not that hard but messing up would be a bitch since if it were to break off the only thing holding your wheel would be your tie rod and coilover/strut.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #7
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rex
What the hell pdm dosent even sell lower control arms for a s14.
Yeah my bad, for some reason I thought he was after front lower control arms...
Old 03-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Best place to pick up a lower control arm?

just pick it up man, they aren't that heavy.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:25 AM   #9
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
^^

Hahahahaha.... you and your sarcasm. LOL
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rex
What the hell pdm dosent even sell lower control arms for a s14. SPL parts dose but for about $600 for just one its a really expensive upgrade and this is the only one available for a s14. I've done a lot of research and the only way to upgrade is to have some custome made by a performance shop with spherical bearings for about $400 a pop. Or just buy the spherical bearing from i dont know who but you have to cut your lower control arm and weld the spherical bearing which is not that hard but messing up would be a bitch since if it were to break off the only thing holding your wheel would be your tie rod and coilover/strut.
Look at it this way:

$600 is about the same price as Nissan lower control arms.

For future servicing replacing the rod ends and spherical bearings cost ~$40-50 w/ standard metric parts. Compare to cost of replacing ball joints and bushings...

You can weld a rod end on one end, but that only allows adjustment of track width/camber, there is no adjustment for roll center.
kuah@splparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I think I found a stock one which should be fine for now but splparts lists them for $784 which is a big difference from $600. I dont have $600 to spend right now anyway and dont really think it is worth the money anyway if I was going to spend that I would buy the rear toe links and traction rods that I need and stock lowers. Thanks for the help guys hopefully the local guy that has them comes through. thanks!
Bryan
Old 03-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #12
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh what did he say rear? Nevermind i thought he meant the lower control arm in the front. Lol its still expensive.