Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
Dee240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dee240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Camber plates for tokico/sportlines

I read on FA that Tein and Cusco make camber plates specifically for OE struts. I haven't seen advertisments anywhere for them though...

Anyone running camber plates on tokico struts?
Dee240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Tein, Cusco, Tanabe, HKS, they'll all work. I ran Cuscos for years on my Tokico Blues.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Dee240sx
Leaky Injector

Dee240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
Tein, Cusco, Tanabe, HKS, they'll all work. I ran Cuscos for years on my Tokico Blues.
Cool.

If you don't mind me asking, what springs did you run on your Tokico? I'm really torn between them and AGX.
Dee240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
AGX are better...by far.

The Tokicos are nice for a non-adj shock, but the AGX beat them out IMO.

- Brian
Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
illuminas are adjustable...?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #6
24Dee
Zilvia Member

24Dee is making a name for him/her self24Dee is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion::S14
AGX are better...by far.

The Tokicos are nice for a non-adj shock, but the AGX beat them out IMO.

- Brian

Thanks for the info....

I guess i'll be running sportlines/AGX..... w/ camber plates up front.

How long do people's AGX's generally last on a 2" drop like the sportlines?
24Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #7
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
illuminas are adjustable...?
I haven't checked recently...but last I knew, Illumina's are not made for the S14...as least for the US market.

- Brian
Old 06-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Correct. Illuminas are made for S13.

Tokico does make a JDM only adjustable set for the S14, but they're rare and stupid expensive.

When I had the Blues I ran Eibach ProKits originally, then switch to Intrax. They had close to the same spring rates but lower just a little more. Car rode fine and autocrossed well with only a little bottoming over very severe dips.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 06-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #9
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Dee
Thanks for the info....

I guess i'll be running sportlines/AGX..... w/ camber plates up front.

How long do people's AGX's generally last on a 2" drop like the sportlines?
AGX are NOT short stroke, and are not supposed to be for applications with more than a 2" drop. Sportlines are 2.2"

Just get the purple and black KYB adjustables, those are the SS equiv.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
Al_S14
BANNED

Al_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Al_S14 Send a message via MSN to Al_S14
are you sure Sportlines are 2.2"? everywhere i see they are advertised as 1.7" drop for the S14
Al_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #11
24Dee
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
AGX are NOT short stroke, and are not supposed to be for applications with more than a 2" drop. Sportlines are 2.2"

Just get the purple and black KYB adjustables, those are the SS equiv.
This is why I asked about the life expectancy of the struts with the AGX. I didn't read anywhere on their site about them being short stroke.

The only short stroke shock I've seen was some no name strut company that I really don't care to trust.

Are GABs short stroke?

iirc : Sportlines are at the most a 2in drop. Not 2.2, at least not for the 240 anyway.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
projectRDM
Post Whore!

GAB Super HPs are not. The Revo Stroke model is, but they're more rare and more expensive.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #13
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_S14
are you sure Sportlines are 2.2"? everywhere i see they are advertised as 1.7" drop for the S14
Poster never said in the original post whether he's S13 or S14... going by production numbers, I was assuming S13.... but we're both correct.

Sportlines are a 2.2" drop for S13s, and 1.7" for S14

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #14
24Dee
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
GAB Super HPs are not. The Revo Stroke model is, but they're more rare and more expensive.

And just when I thought I wasn't going with coilovers for my daily driver, I guess I am. I want a nice 2" drop for my s14, but being it's hard and expensive to find a short stroke shock, I don't to drop 350-400 (AGX) on shocks only to blow them prematurely because they won't last long on the springs.

To those who asked, the car is an s14
Old 06-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #15
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
Poster never said in the original post whether he's S13 or S14... going by production numbers, I was assuming S13.... but we're both correct.

Sportlines are a 2.2" drop for S13s, and 1.7" for S14

Yes, by production #'s that is the drop.

However, I have kyb agx + sportlines on my car right now (89 240sx coupe), and I believe the actual drop was approximately 1.7" at most in the rear and a little less in the front. But if we all wanna be that picky, we should get coilovers or rsr springs :-D.

You may also want to consider the koni yellow inserts + ground control springs - those have better dampening in the rear & lower drop.

KYB suggests that if you run sportlines, you set the dampening to at least 3/4th way on both front and rear (i.e. 3 in front, 6 in back).

They last quite a while, I have had mine for a year and it's still pretty good - having other suspension related problems right now, but not strut related. Keep in mind you also void the lifetime warranty when you do anything more than a 1.5" drop.

Co-ink-i-dinkily, my struts are also for sale :-D - email: hyphendesigns (AT) yahoo (DOT) com - I don't check here too often & zilvia doesn't tell me when i have replies even tho I checked (instant email noti..)
brokeAs240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #16
XtremeS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
XtremeS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to XtremeS14
Speaking of those rare Tokico short stroke struts I picked some up not to long ago and mated them with some rsr race springs. They are amazing together. The struts are 4 way adjustable front and rear and feel much better then the agx's in my opinion. Not a harsh ride or bumpy in the least. If you have an S14 check out the Tokico D-spec struts. They came out not to long ago and are 16 way adjustable, have metal adjustment knobs, and use the same technology as the as the Tokico Hts's which are very very good as well and up until now were very hard to find. The only downside to the Hts's and the D-spec's is the price.
XtremeS14 is offline   Reply With Quote