Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
trackstar
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
trackstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn you RS*R! Exhaust opinions please.

Well I was all set on buying an RS*R Exmag for my newly acquired S13. Come to find out of course, that they are on indefinite backorder. So I poke around and decide the Blitz Realize would also fit my needs. Of course, they are also on backorder.

My stock cat-back is choking the hell out of my setup and I want to buy something asap. My criteria are pretty simple: 1) No N1-style cans. 2) Not overly/excessively loud.

Doesn't seem like I have many choices, but I did stumble across a couple. I didn't really find anything in search, so I was just wondering if anyone had any input regarding any of these exhausts:

GP Sports GFour DII (pic makes it tough to really visualize it) $440

GP Sports GFour Again, Pic makes it tough to visualize. Pricey at $740.

JIC Spartan $600
trackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Go custom.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
trackstar
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Go custom.
I knew someone would suggest that. To be prefectly honest, I don't have the time, patience, or local shop connections to get it done. I am admittedly lazy (or busy, depends how you want to look at it ), and I just want to have something show up at my door, and spend 20 mins bolting it on and be done. Plus proven quality blah blah blah.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
JIC Spartan. I think that exhaust is so sweet.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
The JIC Spartan looks the quietest of the bunch...
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #6
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
My ExMag looks best. BUY IT! but i say go custom. Saves alot of time, and tailored to your own specs.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #7
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
JIC Spartan or Blitz Realize TT
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
trackstar
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14
JIC Spartan or Blitz Realize TT
Miss the part about the Realize being on backorder?

sochbat...are you saying your exmag is for sale or just suggesting I buy one? If so, see above
Old 06-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
Yea forget the exmag. After a year its gotten as loud as most other exhausts when its on the KA. I think custom is the best for the budget and the same gain.
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #10
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I run GP Sports EXAS Spec D Pro, and it is one of the best set-ups going...since I have changed mine out, alot of my friends are already looking to change theirs, including those with N-1's and HKS....Here is a thread I have on here with vid/soundclips of my GP SPorts.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=82630
Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #11
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar
Miss the part about the Realize being on backorder?

I completely missed that part...I just skimmed the post.

How about the GReddy DD?
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #12
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14
How about the GReddy DD?
i guess you also missed the part when he said he wanted something quiet and something not impossible to find
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #13
trackstar
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorkluv
I run GP Sports EXAS Spec D Pro, and it is one of the best set-ups going...since I have changed mine out, alot of my friends are already looking to change theirs, including those with N-1's and HKS....Here is a thread I have on here with vid/soundclips of my GP SPorts.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=82630
Thanks for the clip. That thing sounds loud as hell. Anyplace sell GP Sports besides projectnissan?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:25 PM   #14
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
www.autornd.com
Old 06-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #15
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Im going to suggest a custom setup...thats the route I am having to go. Not too many application-specific exhausts that are friendly to the KA (thats what I am reading)

I am going to be running a HKS hipermax uni can with custom piping. I have heard this edone, and I REALLY like the tone.

I also have heard the new Evotion titanium cans...they are pretty sweet as well
Old 06-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #16
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Buy my ExMag! =D

I've known a buddy that's had his ExMag for much longer than a year (close to 2 years now, i think) and its still silent like the day he got it. Maybe your buddies' cat is gone?
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:22 PM   #17
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat
I've known a buddy that's had his ExMag for much longer than a year (close to 2 years now, i think) and its still silent like the day he got it. Maybe your buddies' cat is gone?
thats what i was thinking...

its just a giant hunk of metal. maybe a rock poked a hole in it or something.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 03:27 AM   #18
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
2 years? So your buddy had the prototype I'm guessing since they were released domestically around may last year.

The exhaust just gets progressively louder and deeper over time ~mine's over one year now. This is on the KA. On the SR it'll always be quiet.
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #19
WongFeiHung
Zilvia Member

WongFeiHung is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki
Im going to suggest a custom setup...thats the route I am having to go. Not too many application-specific exhausts that are friendly to the KA (thats what I am reading)
If you're are talking about piping diameter, thats a crock...because the KA loves 80mm...

www.projectnissan.com
WongFeiHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #20
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
You live in CT? Talk to the people at www.240sxmotoring.com (Connecticut Import Performence), they just got a new shop and should be able to easily fab up a nice quiet exhaust for you.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #21
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
why not the Tanabe Hyper exhaust? Sleek design with nice tone and its cheaper than the exmag by about 100 bucks. Just my .02
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #22
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
go custom.....
Old 06-18-2005, 11:20 PM   #23
clean
Zilvia Junkie

clean is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to clean
turboimport.com has it in stock, i just ordered my gt2 and im pretty sure the regular exmag is in stock, if you go custom it is still gonna be loud, what muffler would you use? koukikat has an exmag and is really quiet for a 3" exhaust. they have awsome prices too. whoever has a custom setup let us know what muff is being used to have it quiet, please. i think the only + to a custom setup is price, but still not really. goodluck
clean is offline   Reply With Quote