Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
eerrrrr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
eerrrrr will become famous soon enougheerrrrr will become famous soon enougheerrrrr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MrFuel

Thanks for the seats. They were hella clean like you mentioned. Good transaction.

On a side note, my cousin said your car is hella clean. I only saw the pics in the pic thread, but yups looks very clean.
eerrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
10-66kruk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
10-66kruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
MrFuel

Great seller. Negotiable on prices and great to deal with.Hooked it up on silvia front 20mm fenders.
10-66kruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
ziptiedae86
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
good seller, fast shipping, would do business again!
ziptiedae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
SAKURA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
SAKURA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
i paid on 2/15, recieved the overfenders on 2/27.
was told they would be shipped on numerous occasions, only to get various excuses when asked about if they shipped yet.
only when i asked to get my money back he says he is shipping the overfenders.
and on top of that, he ships it TWO days after i asked for my money back.

also said it costs $70 to ship overfenders. i got fedex on the phone saying it would have only cost him $28 and some change to ship from sacramento to vegas with the dimensions and weight of the box. not only that, but he had it picked up, and said it only weighed 4 pounds when it really weighs 11 pounds, so he definitely shaved off the price there. i left a voicemail for him to refund the difference in the shipping cost and my call was never returned. text messages were also ignored.

do not deal with this shady motherfucker. if you do, get your own shipping quote or tell him to use YOUR fedex/ups account number.
SAKURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKURA View Post
Bad review, cut out so no long post from me
The only response I have for that, since I've met with Erik in the past and had nothing but good vibes from the guy and I'd trust my money with him if I were to get anything else from him, is that shipping is kind of a touchy-feely subject. Speaking as a shipping manager at a large online store, yeah, shipping typically comes out to LESS than what is charged. That extra cost, however, usually goes into insurance, time taken to package, materials used in packaging and some for "unknown circumstances." If the part were damaged, you'd obviously want a refund, but then the shipper is out the part and the money with nothing to show.

I'm not saying that excuses the fact that the product shipped late (I'm not going to comment any more on that since I don't know the story beyond what you've said), but life can get in the way at times. I know Erik is having car issues that only just came up in the past week or two, and you have to count in the fact that he might not have had the packing materials ready to roll when you originally paid.

Best option if you want to go cheap is to arrange your own shipping. However, as a shipper, if someone wanted to arrange their own company to come get it, I'd set it as a non-refundable sale and whatever happens happens because I have no control over the situation.

This relates to ANY buyer/seller situation, not just this one. Again, I'd stand up for Erik in any situation and say that he's a good guy.

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
SAKURA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
SAKURA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
so the guy has his homie come to his aid on the forums, but is too pussy to give me a call back or respond to the text messages.

I still haven't heard a word from this guy.

explain that wagdatto. explain how much of a standup guy your homie is who can't even respond to me.
SAKURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
I'm not here because Erik asked me to come in. I was at a car meet with him last night, and saw his name as the "latest post" under the review section. This isn't a thread meant for bitching back and forth and calling names. I have no information as to why he hasn't responded, but I'd assume it's because you're complaining about the fact that you agreed on a price for shipping and aren't satisfied compared to the price you got quoted as (what I'd assume is) a base shipping price with no extra insurance and such.

If he's going to respond, he'll get back to you privately because you're not supposed to reply in your own review thread. I wouldn't consider myself his "homie" OR his lackey, and again, I wasn't referred to this thread by anybody but you, as you posted most recently. I'm just a guy that's met him a few times and would consider him trustworthy when it comes to setting a price and following up and getting it out.

It took less than two weeks to get what you paid for. 12 days, if we're splitting hairs. I always wait a few days for paypal to clear, so knock that down to 10 days. I'd then package them and try to get a chance to find my way to FedEx, so knock that down a day or so. If I were having clutch issues I didn't forsee, I'd tell FedEx to get to my place, that brings us to about a week. Shipping to Las Vegas would take a few days, especially with a larger package, since they typically get shoved back when there's not a good spot on the truck for them (again, speaking as a shipping manager, I know this happens)

I'm not saying he didn't get the parts out a day late or so, but there's no such thing as teleports yet, so I would never expect my parts to be on my door for at LEAST TWO WEEKS before I started worrying about late shipments. Life gets in the way.

To stay on topic with the thread, Erik texted me last night only 5 minutes after I texted him. This proves he is good with responding in a fair amount of time, and I feel he's an alright guy.

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #8
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

pr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pr0ject TRUENO
Wow two weeks and you're already bitching? It takes that long to get parts directly from vendors on here.

Erik is a great guy. Great communication, I wouldn't hesitate buying anything from him again.

http://www.norcaldrift.org
pr0ject TRUENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
NismoFreak

NismoFreak is an unknown quantity at this point
How bout this one, i bought a s13 silvia hood from erik in December of 2008. paid him same day. and i still have no hood and its july. i kept getting a song and dance about how fedex and ups wont come pick it up, or the box is ruined yada yada yada. and its now JULY! now he wont even respond to me. just took my $450 and ran. awesome
NismoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #10
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ok... so i saw this thread before i purchased a set of oem silvia fenders and a gtr replica grill for $370 shipped to hawaii, so maybe its my own fault... i guess i figured this guy seems pretty legit and knows some people on here... but maybe not. anyways, i sent payment through paypal on september 5, 2009. so far i have gotten two messages from him... one pm on zilvia on september 11, 2009 saying: "Sorry man! the money hit my acct finally. Something was up with my paypal acct. But im gonna get some boxes for them and get them out to you either today or first thing monday morning.." then one email since then on september 21, 2009 saying "Hey man! sorry if i haven't reply'd back. I haven't sent the fenders and grill out yet, due to i have been really sick these past few days. Im now getting better. So I will have them shipped out this week. Sorry again for the delay."

so, at first i figured it was only a week or so since payment cleared and i do feel about the sick thing, because i just caught the flu and was sick for like a week almost two. but with hardly any communication and especially no tracking number for my parts, its getting close before my 45 days or so are up for a paypal dispute. looks like if he doesnt reply back to me by next wednesday, ill be putting in the dispute. this past wednesday i had sent him an email saying this, so if i dont get a reply, its his own fault. if i do get a reply, ill fix this as long as he gives me a tracking number by next wednesday... im not going to let this go on any longer.

so if anyone knows him, PLEASE let him know!

Jon
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote