Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
clever240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
clever240sx is making a name for him/her selfclever240sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Daft Innovations

I ordered basically my whole swap kit to do my ls1 swap from Rich Gilligan @ Daft Innovations back in January. During the discussion process of ordering the parts and sending money was a breeze and he had no problem responding until the money was sent then it all went downhill from there. Could never get a honest response from him if a response at all. Finally I threatened him with a PayPal dispute and he quickly responded saying everything that I had ordered at that time was going to get shipped out. I received my mounting kit a week later but no headers. He then said FedEx must have lost the package and was going to remake some for me. I knew this was a lie but I didn’t make anything of it. It took him another 2 weeks to send the headers out and received them a week later. Then there was the apology from him saying he would make it up to me by giving me a discount for the last thing I needed done, my wiring harness. He also said no funny business will happen again. Well he gave me his word so I went ahead and sent him my Ls1 harness, ka24de harness and lower harness and the payment. As soon as that was all said and done, no response again until a week later saying that he was about done and will ship out tomorrow. Of course that did not happen and was just another lie. After trying to get ahold of him for another month through email, texts, calls, and even facebook he finally responds through facebook and said he had strep for a couple weeks and couldn’t get any work done but he finished my harness and was shipped out but didn’t have the tracking because he was away from his shop. I then waited a couple days to get my tracking number from him with no response back. Ive opened a paypal dispute but I also told him I would gladly drop the dispute if I received a tracking # or if he would come clean. Ive kept my cool with him and have yet to send an angry email. But this is ridiculous, he is running a business and is failing in every way to run a proper business. Ive read other reviews on Daft and other people are just as disgusted as I am but at the same time others say hes a good guy but you have to give him time even up to a year. Im sorry, but when your web site says turnaround time of 2 weeks, that mean 2 weeks! Not a couple months to a year. Im moving in a couple weeks and NEED this car running before I move. Ive lost all hope and motivation to get the car done simply because I know its not going to happen with Daft involoved.
Below I have listed most of my texts, emails and pm’s through facebook(these are only messages regarding my harness not the other problems with the swap kit)
TEXT

Emails:

June 20

Hey rich!
Just curious if you received my wiring harnesses? I'll be paying you first thing in the morning.

Thanks,
Jordan

June 28
Hey rich,
I need to know what's going on with the wiring harness. You said it was going to be done and shipped out awhile ago. I'm moving in the next month and I need to have the car done asap. And this is the only thing I'm waiting on. Please let me know whats going on.

Thank you,
Jordan

No responses to these emails…..
FACEBOOK
· Jordan Graaf
o Hey rich,
Been trying to get ahold of you. Just curious when or if you have shipped out the wiring harness. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Jordan
·

July 31Sent from Chat
Jordan Graaf
o Do you have my wiring harness done?
·

August 2
Daft Innovations
o finished your harness this morning. Stayed up all night finishing it. I will get you trackingnumber when I get back into the shop. Sorry for delay bro. Had Strep for a while.. kinda still have it I think.
o I did 2 harness Last night actually. I have one more to do and I'm fully caught up. What else is left on your car ?
·

August 2Sent from Mobile
Jordan Graaf
o Awesome man! Best news I've heard all day. Umm, basically everything's done besides putting coolant in the radiator and plugging in the harness. And let's hope my motor I picked up wasn't a lemon.
·

August 5Sent from Mobile
Jordan Graaf
o Happen to have that tracking number

·
August 12Sent from Mobile
Jordan Graaf
o Rich, please let me know the status of my wiring harness. I've got 2 weeks before I move and next weekend I'm leaving state for a week. And I need it on before I leave.
·

August 15
Jordan Graaf
o Since i havent heard back from you, i opened a paypal dispute. This is getting ridiculous. I will be more than happy to drop the dispute if you can provide a tracking number for me.
clever240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Definitely blows. I read horror stories about Daft when I was shopping for my kit. He definitely has good prices, but when you take into account inconsistencies with his mounts along with his customer service its not such a good deal. Anyway, I hope you get it sorted out soon.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
dont drop dispute till u receive the item
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to russian
we have dealt with daft a few times, a few harness jobs and a 2-3 sets of headers at different times. good price and decent service. i personally didnt have an issue, neither did my friend. i guess every business eventually goes downhill. i hope you get your harness.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
The Real Keith

Trader Rating: (1)
The Real Keith is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had the same problem from Rich @ Daft Innovations about a year ago. These problems are nothing new. He eventually came through and shipped me all my parts. Good luck.
The Real Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
clever240sx
Zilvia Junkie

clever240sx is making a name for him/her selfclever240sx is making a name for him/her self
Finally recieved a tracking! Should be in on Monday. But still very angry at this piont..Especially since i shipped everything out and paid him around June 22nd...
Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
clever240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Okay nevermind, the tacking number was not real. This guy is truely a piece of shit.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
damn, i was leaning towards getting my harness done with by these guys FUCK THAT!!
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
mkezzo16
Zilvia Junkie

mkezzo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking about getting a manual swap kit for my ls400 from them..from these stories id only deal with them if i was local n could easily drive to the shop n gang bang on him for my parts..lol
mkezzo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Jsant

Jsant is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump I ordered a clutch master from this guy with no response. My car needs to be finished by this Sunday. So I ordered everything from summit to make my own. Don't accept PayPal payments if you can't supply parts.
Jsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
clever240sx
Zilvia Junkie

It's been over a year and I haven't heard a word. I'm still out the money I sent him and 3 wiring harnesses. All n all was about 1000.00.
I've pretty much taken it as a loss..but I still haven't deleted our conversation through text messages on my iPhone lol.
Is he still even running a business?
Old 07-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
Jsant

Jsant is an unknown quantity at this point
I couldn't tell you if he does. I bought a ore swapped s14. Having some clutch issues so I google searched for a master. I am on a right schedule with this car so I immediately ordered it. 2 weeks go by with no shipping info or anything. I kept emailing him. Finally today I started a dispute. This dude Is a scam artist. I am glad he only got 165.00 from me. Sorry to hear you are still fucked.
Jsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
cpl dozier
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
cpl dozier is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Purchased a basic engine mount kit three weeks ago from them. Rich said he would have it out in a few days. Two weeks later I hit him up. No answer on the phone or through text messages. I opened a dispute through paypal. His "partner" Brandon responded to the dispute with a tracking number. I received engine mounts and transmission cross member with mount. No motor cross member which is the big part of the swap. I escalated the dispute to a claim five days ago. Still no response from their end on the dispute. Paypal says they froze the account money so if they don't respond I will be refunded. I am patiently waiting. STAY AWAY FROM DAFT INNOVATIONS.
cpl dozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK is an unknown quantity at this point
This is brandon and I am no partner of rich's. Let's get this shit straight right off.
Rich asked me to help the two of you with a transaction and I'm sorry I did.
So don't go dragging my name into this. I have nothing to do with Daft Innovations other than being a customer, and he buys parts from me. (my car is getting a ls1 swap there)

I've had to nag him constantly to get this shit cleared up......
4U2QUIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
trainwreck 14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
trainwreck 14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by clever240sx View Post
It's been over a year and I haven't heard a word. I'm still out the money I sent him and 3 wiring harnesses. All n all was about 1000.00.
I've pretty much taken it as a loss..but I still haven't deleted our conversation through text messages on my iPhone lol.
Is he still even running a business?
What happened to your PayPal dispute?

Makes me kinda sick that this asshole does business less than 15min from me. Wish there was something I could do.
trainwreck 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK is an unknown quantity at this point

YOU BET HE WON'T

AT THIS POINT i'M PRETTY FED UP WITH THE WHOLE SITUATION. My apologies for sayig fuck that dude, but at this point I was just pissed at the entire situation.

Me, being the nice guy trying to get things to move along so I can get the money for the pan I sold rich.

so now that it's very apparent, even to the simplest of minds that I am in no way a partner of daft or rich giligan. I simply accepted adam dozier's payment thru paypal as rich's payment for a oil pan I sold him. Nothing More. SO ONCE AGAIN LEAVE MY NAME OUTTA THIS!
4U2QUIK is offline   Reply With Quote