Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #2431
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^thought about making some of these a while back
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #2432
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I don't see why not. Looks heavy though.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #2433
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
Doesn't look like it would do much considering the anti-roll bar is also in the way.

Looks like it would be easier to keep the offset mounting up front, and just redrill the bolt pattern for the new angle. Then a straight piece could still be used, instead of that welded contraption.
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #2434
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Doesn't URAS already sell those offset misalignment spacers?

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #2435
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The 3up tension rods are nice, but RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

The picture of the 3up tension rods is using the Uras tension rod spacers. I have these (spacers). They work great...keep my front tires from hitting the tension rod.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #2436
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
So I'm looking for a little advice from you guys...

I am replacing my front suspension this winter. The car is street driven and basically doesn't see any track events of any kind. I am trying to decide what to replace the front ball joints with, since I believe they are original and need to be replaced.

My first thought was the GReddy roll center adjusters, but those have been discontinued. Also, after some reading, I don't believe they would do anything since they do not have a longer shank. Can anyone confirm that they do not? I don't think I can find them anyway...:

Then I thought about the Megan ones like I have in the rear, but it sounds like those for sure do not have a longer shank, so I don't think I want to spend the cash on those again if they are not going to do anything.

So, for a low, street driven car, what would you do? Just replace them with Moog OEM replacements? I would like to correct the roll center a bit up there if I can, but I don't really want to drop $317 for MoonFace adjusters, which I assume DO provide the necessary correction:

Moonface SAB11 MF-R PRO Roll Center Adjuster S13 RPS13 FRONT

Appreciate any feedback. I'll keep reading through this thread- lots of good info!

EDIT: I found my answer on page 4, go figure lol. It sounds like the Megan, Moonface, and GReddy adjusters are not going to make much difference. Would they still be better if I have to spend about $130 for Megan and $95 for Moog? Or is a Moog ball joint that is basically OEM and doesn't replace anything a better choice?

It seems like a little adjustment would be better than nothing, but what do I know? And yeah, I am not crazy about Megan either, lol. But I don't seem to have many options on this one...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #2437
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Honestly, my opinion is to just get oem since you don't track the car. OR, you could save up some money and do the budget godspeed LCA DEF mod.
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #2438
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yea get oem, you can buy them at kragen for 80 bucks.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #2439
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hearing Megan makes my blood boil. Never buy anything from them, quality is horrible. Even if you have to warranty something, I couldn't get a warranty on RUCA that fell apart after 20 miles of driving. And I'm not the only one.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #2440
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Damon, stick with Moog ball joints. That's what I'll be doing. Also pressing in Nismo bushings and getting the control arm boxed.

I'm waiting on SPL to come out with their V2 lower control arms. Just sold both V1 lower control arms and I absolutely loved those. Only reason I sold them was because they were for an S14. Sticking with all S13 parts on my car.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #2441
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
So I'm looking for a little advice from you guys...

I am replacing my front suspension this winter. The car is street driven and basically doesn't see any track events of any kind. I am trying to decide what to replace the front ball joints with, since I believe they are original and need to be replaced.
Did you see the Nagisa Auto ones on the previous page? They correct 20mm, and they're about $240 shipped I guess for the pair. A bit more expensive than stock, but probably worth it.

If you do go Moog, make sure they are non-greasable sealed ball joints. Napa carries some good ones too. Greaseable ball joints are generally of lower quality, and it's a pain, haha.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #2442
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Appreciate the info, thanks guys. And yes, I would never put anything Megan on my car like a RUCA or something. I chose them after hearing a reccomendation for them back in early 2009 when my rear ball joints were destroyed and needed to be replaced shortly after I purchased and started building my car. I figured they would be better than what I had at that point, even if not by much, lol.

I literally JUST saw the Nagisa auto ones before check on responses to my post just now- feel like a jackass now. I started reading the thread from the beginning when the answer was just one page away, sorry about that guys.

I have never been huge into suspension modifications since I never drift or track my car. I mostly just go for a replacement that is better than stock and corrects things to a certain minimal degree. I will be sure to keep reading this thread as there is a lot of valuable info here!

I think the price for the Nagisa auto ones is very reasonable, so I will probably go that route if I can find them and haven't blown all my cash by then- but I am probably going to take my time on the front suspension and get all of the parts I want before I start it. Thanks again guys!

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #2443
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Post reviews if you buy the Nagisa ones, they look nice.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #2444
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I will do that if I get them for sure. Is RHD JDM the only place to get them at this point? It looks like they are about $227 on there right now.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #2445
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Ok here are some cool pics of Ryan Kado's new 350z. They are getting like 60 degrees of angle.

Here is a link to his site.
Ryan Kado Racing

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #2446
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
man, that's some nasty overspray...
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #2447
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
man, that's some nasty overspray...
Yeah, that's what I was saying. I can understand it's a track car, but sheesh.

(Waits for someone to be like OMG ITS A TRACK CAR. SHIT IS GOING TO EXPLODE WHILE DOING TEH DORIFTO ANYWAY).

That's some nice angle though. Definitely want to see that one in action.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #2448
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yeah, it is a track car. I spent 6 years in Japan and always talked about how clean the D1 cars were. That is until I got a press pass during the drift exhibition at the Tokyo Auto Salon in 2009 and got to see the cars up close in the pit area. Track cars look great from 30'+, but up close its another story
Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #2449
jrs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
jrs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Guy's I need your help, what fron suspension kit do you recommend me, I was drifting uphill near a friend's house and well the rest it's history...I'm from Mexico and dont want buy oem shit that it's almost the price of something new, I need control arms, tie rod, etc..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit- sorry for the big pics
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #2450
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

SPL PRO SUSPENSION PARTS

Good luck finding any aftermarket LCA for cheap, I'd just get a set of new "OEM" ones off eBay.

Next time don't drift on crappy suspension. You probably have stock subframe bushings too eh? Tsk tsk.

P.S. Your tension rod bracket is broke/bent and your front subframe is all jacked up. You'll have to buy OEM as far as that goes.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #2451
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Ok here are some cool pics of Ryan Kado's new 350z. They are getting like 60 degrees of angle.
Bigger angle than ever before with a flatter contact patch than S chassis. The Z33 was a great platform for us to develop parts on. Heres the prototype parts off the car.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #2452
nieko
Post Whore!

nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Release more S chasis fun.

Thanks

ahaha

When are the control arms said to be done? ETA!
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #2453
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
Bigger angle than ever before with a flatter contact patch than S chassis. The Z33 was a great platform for us to develop parts on.
Dan,

Those parts look amazing! Ryan is a great guy...Hell the whole Kado family are great people.
I am very glad that you guys are helping them out.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #2454
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
Release more S chasis fun.

Thanks

ahaha

When are the control arms said to be done? ETA!
Oh for sure have something fun that just got released. This is our pro coilover with (among other great stuff) caster top plates to help those fighting for a flat contact patch at lock while maintaining centered wheel to arch position.
Check it out:

http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-annou...p-max-usa.html
still working on the lower arm prodution, just popped out the new LCA type forged rod ends which took a long time with building new forging dies so the rest of the parts should fall in line shortly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Dan,

Those parts look amazing! Ryan is a great guy...Hell the whole Kado family are great people.
I am very glad that you guys are helping them out.
Agreed, we help each other out, they let me use the car for development and will provide testing and feedback throughout 2011 formula D.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #2455
nieko
Post Whore!

nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Those look fucking fancy. I dig.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #2456
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
Bigger angle than ever before with a flatter contact patch than S chassis. The Z33 was a great platform for us to develop parts on. Heres the prototype parts off the car.

Looks Great cant wait for the release of the s chassis version!!

But i have a question?? Are those LHD Offset rack spacers i see there??

When is the release of those!! Do Want!!
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #2457
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

yes its a LHD rack spacer. Which is needed for the Z application but not the S chassis - at least when you have all our parts in the front end there seems to be no need for offset rack spacers but I guess if you just want to cure a over centering problem with your exsisting setup they may be useful. It will be a few months.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #2458
wv240

Trader Rating: (0)
wv240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
heres my lcs's

wv240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #2459
RHDskyline
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RHDskyline is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey. So im looking at redoing all my suspension on my r32 gts and I'm just wondering what suspension parts from an s13 swap over? or do they all swap over?

I know that i will have to get a front camber adjustment specific for the skyline but other than that will everything from an s13 fit?

Can i get s13 solid subframe risers and put them in my skyline?

One last question, Does anyone know the best way to get more angle out a skyline, or would just taking it to a shop and getting them to put a angle kit on it (like powered by max) be the best?

thanks for the help guys.
RHDskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #2460
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Does anyone know what the inner diameter of the rear spindle toe/camber/traction rod mounting points are on Z32 uprights? Like the size of the space the bushing goes in.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote