Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 SR20DET intermittently cutting out

I've been having an issue since late last year with my car randomly cutting out, almost like you unplugged the MAF and I am not able to rev, the car will barely idle, will sputter, then 1 second later it's fine. There is no consistency to the times that this will happen. I can drive it for an entire day with no issues, then drive it the next day and it will happen 5 minutes after I leave the house.

I thought at first that this was something MAF related. At the last Drift Day of the year my MAF wiring made contact with my manifold and melted about a 6" section of it. I pulled it all apart and luckily when I had the car wired we had about 4' extra of wiring bundle up by the ECU. So, I cut out the last section of wiring, soldered my Z32 MAF plug back on and I thought that would fix the problem. It did for about a day, then the problem came back.

Any idea on what would be causing this?

So far I have tried:

-cutting out melted section of MAF wiring, and soldering on Z32 plug
-trying a different Z32 maf
-trying a different Z32 plug
-moving the ground to a better, more reliable spot
-cleaning both MAF's

I have a demo in a couple weeks and I'd like to get this figured out beforehand. The car has had the Z32 MAF wired in for over 3 years so I know it's not a faulty wiring job with that.
khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
oni jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Did you ever fix this problem?
oni jake is offline   Reply With Quote