Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #2131
davegfeller

Trader Rating: (0)
davegfeller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey can anyone help me out I'm alil stuck on figuring out what size spacer I will need to make my rims fit in the front an not rub when cornering an make the rear sit flush, I want to run some negative camber in the front , and keep the rear at Zero. Any info,specs, or advice u can give would be appreciated I have a s13 coupe 5lug w/+45mm front fenders & +50mm rear overfenders,
FRONTS 18x9 +15 =245/40/18 ••• REARS 18x9 +15 =275/35/18
davegfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #2132
Beemer
Leaky Injector

Beemer is an unknown quantity at this point
Those are some beefy tires dude to be running flush.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #2133
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
there was this s14 with 19's all around that didnt look too bad.

pictures are dead now and this is all i could grab.

helm:
It looks too big, trust me. What really kills is it tire selection/cost is what kills 19s. I'm talking about good sticky tires...most companies only make up to 18s. Anything larger, and you'd be paying out of your ass for it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #2134
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks for helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
You mean like this?

The bare minimum to achieve this look is to have wheels with the right offset, tires, & suspension parts to correct alignment which ties into wheel fitment.

19's are humongous and to achieve acceptably low ride height with 19's in hard even with stretched tires. To sum it up, it's a world of hassle when you could be going with 17's or 18's.

As a rule of thumb for myself, I like S14's with 18's with a minimum of 17's and S13's with 17's with the maximum of 18's for the rear. S14's have plenty of room underneath the wheel wells so running sizes like 10 up front or 10.5 in the rear is a doable tasks without having to weld in tubs or bust out the hammer of Zeus to make them fit--granted that the offsets are on point and not poking too far out or rubbing on the strut/coilover housing.

I'm being generous in lecturing you about this. I have gone on rants in this thread when people ask similar questions to the ones asked before--yours being one of them as well. So to be fair to others, do your research. This thread is full of S14 questions and specs and so is this thread: http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...s-no-post.html and also, google helps as well. It really helps.

Yea man that's it I really like that look!also I really appreciate all the info that you gave thanks a lot. Very needed.
RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #2135
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegfeller View Post
Hey can anyone help me out I'm alil stuck on figuring out what size spacer I will need to make my rims fit in the front an not rub when cornering an make the rear sit flush, I want to run some negative camber in the front , and keep the rear at Zero. Any info,specs, or advice u can give would be appreciated I have a s13 coupe 5lug w/+45mm front fenders & +50mm rear overfenders,
FRONTS 18x9 +15 =245/40/18 ••• REARS 18x9 +15 =275/35/18
Using my S13 as a pretty good guide, I would say a 30mm spacer up front and a 30mm spacer out back. Or in other words, man up and get completely different wheels... because those specs suck major nut sack for having a wide body. You could fit a 18x12 out back all day long with a 305 or 315 tire. Then a 18x10 up front.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #2136
davegfeller

davegfeller is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not trying to have stupid wide tires on my car , An using 30mm spacers will push my tires out way to far in the front an rear.
davegfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #2137
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegfeller View Post
I'm not trying to have stupid wide tires on my car , An using 30mm spacers will push my tires out way to far in the front an rear.
You said you want your tires to sit flush.... 30mm spacers will make them fit flush. You don't want stupid wide tires but you have a wide body... how do you expect to have a flush setup without a really low offset wheel setup or a really wide wheel setup and moderate offsets?

My setup fits perfectly flush with the following specs at a pretty low ride height... ride height will greatly effect what you can and cannot fit.
  • Front 18x9.5 +12 245/35 20mm front fenders.
  • Rear 18x11 +30 285/30 25mm pull.

You are running exactly 25mm more body than I am on front and rear.... yet your wheel setup sits in 9mm more than mine on the front and sits in 10mm more than mine on the rear. So you have 34mm more to work with than me on the front and 35mm more than me on the rear. So I'm being generous by saying you only need 30mm spacers.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 03-01-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #2138
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
You said you want your tires to sit flush.... 30mm spacers will make them fit flush. You don't want stupid wide tires but you have a wide body... how do you expect to have a flush setup without a really low offset wheel setup or a really wide wheel setup and moderate offsets?

My setup fits perfectly flush with the following specs:
  • Front 18x9.5 +12 245/35 20mm front fenders.
  • Rear 18x11 +30 285/30 25mm pull.

You are running exactly 25mm more body than I am on front and rear.... yet your wheel setup sits in 9mm more than mine on the front and sits in 10mm more than mine on the rear. So you have 34mm more to work with than me on the front and 35mm more than me on the rear. So I'm being generous by saying you only need 30mm spacers.
Just let it go Toby, I'll never figure out why folks go wide body on wheels that fits under the stock body. Better yet, they ask a question, you answer it, they then throws it in your face like you dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

Ah fuckit, lets play some math. Since 9j +15 wheels fit under the stock fenders and you decide to slap some 45mm wide fenders, how much space would you hypothetically have between the wheels and the wide fenders? You tell them 30mm spacers and they bitch that its too much. I love it...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #2139
xGoggles88x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
xGoggles88x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My brother hads a s13 and has some volk evo 3. The set is 17x9.5 +10 and 17x10 +15 any thought if this will fit on his car? Fender roll? Camber he needs to run so it can sit right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
xGoggles88x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #2140
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGoggles88x View Post
My brother hads a s13 and has some volk evo 3. The set is 17x9.5 +10 and 17x10 +15 any thought if this will fit on his car? Fender roll? Camber he needs to run so it can sit right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Fender roll and camber. And yes it'll fit. 215/45 F, 235/40 R. That's what I would do at least.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #2141
D-Rock920

D-Rock920 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the the rear gonna allow me to pull it far enough to clear or am I gonna have cut the wheel well to allow it to stretch more its 17 x10.5 -2 rim with a 235 40
D-Rock920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #2142
paintkilz
Zilvia Member

paintkilz is an unknown quantity at this point
ok not trying to be a noob here but definitely have a noob question

i know a 17x10.5 +27 will fit stock body with pull/roll/arms.

im picking up a new shell with what we believe are 30mm overs molded into the rear unfortunately

im running 245/40 on the wheel..i have coils and all suspension arms.trying to just run around -1 rear camber...nothing too crazy on the rear...though maybe reducing my stretch too..

question is what size spacer could i run to keep a flush fit...not INSANELY flush just clean...i was hoping i could get away with a 20mm spacer but was wondering if i will need a 30mm...

and yes im trying to decide on a wheel thats a lower offset so i dont need spacers hopefully.

thanks for the help guys.
paintkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #2143
Beemer
Leaky Injector

Beemer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rock920 View Post
Is the the rear gonna allow me to pull it far enough to clear or am I gonna have cut the wheel well to allow it to stretch more its 17 x10.5 -2 rim with a 235 40
Roll and a pull,should be able to fit it. Might need a little negative camber too.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #2144
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I would like to apologize if anything similar has been posted before and I may not have researched.

I am not really wheel fitment inclined, but I will be on the hunt for a wheel set up to run on an S13 Coupe. I'm not looking for anything major as I will be DDing it.

I basically have a bone stock clean canvas and not looking to mess with much fender work. I'm leaning towards a flush look on the rear with a small poke both front and rear. I'm unsure as to how much camber to run.

For a fact though, (if it matters) I will be running with OEM S14 5 lug swap with S14 FLCA, granting the extra 15mm camber up front.

I do not have coils yet, since they will be bought before the rims are bought. If coils differ in fitment, I would be also open for suggestions for some comfortable to daily and maintain a decent ride height. Not aiming for slammed.

For the rims, I have these as my choice.

Konig SSM [F] 18x9 +22 [R] 18x10 +15 (set up I have in mind)

Now, I would like to know if these would need spacers as by the looks of it I will be running my Evo brake set up on the front. Any rubbing issues? Amount of roll or pull I would need on a stock body? A perfect tire size that would allow a little stretch for an aggressive look, and anything else I might be missing.

Examples of what I'm aiming for:.

Rear:

Up front:

Amount of rear camber and tire size I'm aiming for (17's pictured though):

All input would be appreciated and would save me time.
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #2145
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rock920 View Post
Yes...Here's 18x10.4 +1 with 235/40-18 just to give you an idea. 3mm difference is negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintkilz View Post
ok not trying to be a noob here but definitely have a noob question

i know a 17x10.5 +27 will fit stock body with pull/roll/arms.

im picking up a new shell with what we believe are 30mm overs molded into the rear unfortunately

im running 245/40 on the wheel..i have coils and all suspension arms.trying to just run around -1 rear camber...nothing too crazy on the rear...though maybe reducing my stretch too..

question is what size spacer could i run to keep a flush fit...not INSANELY flush just clean...i was hoping i could get away with a 20mm spacer but was wondering if i will need a 30mm...

and yes im trying to decide on a wheel thats a lower offset so i dont need spacers hopefully.

thanks for the help guys.
Just cuz you dont know how evenly the fenders were mounted (one side could be off), mount the wheels, get a piece of string with a weight at the end, hang it off the edge of the fender (inside or outside, up to you) and measure that distance from the wheel. How ever much that distance is, get that much spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveAM View Post
I would like to apologize if anything similar has been posted before and I may not have researched.

I am not really wheel fitment inclined, but I will be on the hunt for a wheel set up to run on an S13 Coupe. I'm not looking for anything major as I will be DDing it.

I basically have a bone stock clean canvas and not looking to mess with much fender work. I'm leaning towards a flush look on the rear with a small poke both front and rear. I'm unsure as to how much camber to run.

For a fact though, (if it matters) I will be running with OEM S14 5 lug swap with S14 FLCA, granting the extra 15mm camber up front.

I do not have coils yet, since they will be bought before the rims are bought. If coils differ in fitment, I would be also open for suggestions for some comfortable to daily and maintain a decent ride height. Not aiming for slammed.

For the rims, I have these as my choice.

Konig SSM [F] 18x9 +22 [R] 18x10 +15 (set up I have in mind)

Now, I would like to know if these would need spacers as by the looks of it I will be running my Evo brake set up on the front. Any rubbing issues? Amount of roll or pull I would need on a stock body? A perfect tire size that would allow a little stretch for an aggressive look, and anything else I might be missing.

Examples of what I'm aiming for:.

Rear:

Up front:

Amount of rear camber and tire size I'm aiming for (17's pictured though):

All input would be appreciated and would save me time.
If you dont want to pull the fenders (you'd still need a roll, no buts or ifs about it), I'd go 215/40-18 up front and 225/40-18 in the rears.

As far as spacers, hard to tell unless you can find somebody running the same setup. Just cuz its a knock off wheel, not sure which face they copied it from. The original JDM wheels usually got 3 difference faces thats designed for different brake clearances and the offset of the wheel doesnt affect your brake clearance.

Suspension wise, I'm running Fortune Autos 500 with swift springs and I like its valving...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #2146
iRideFBMSR20det
Leaky Injector

iRideFBMSR20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Picking up my track wheels tomorrow
Advan sa3 16x8+32 comes with tires but I will be buying new tires

Will I need spacers...? For my 95 S14 with apexi n1 coilovers and 300zx bakes
And what would be a good size tire.
iRideFBMSR20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #2147
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

17x10.5j+27... will it fit in the back of my S14? I'll be using them as spares, my regular wheels are 17x10j+18. I already used a calculator thing, and it said the outer position will retract 3mm, and I will have 15mm less inner clearance.

The thing here is... that with my regular wheels (10j+18) the inner lip of the wheel rubs the coilover... But that was with some random unknown high amount of camber.

I want to run -4* camber in the rear... will that give me enough clearance for the 10.5j+27?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #2148
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

I've run 18x11 +26 with lots of room in the rear of my S14...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #2149
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
17x10.5j+27... will it fit in the back of my S14? I'll be using them as spares, my regular wheels are 17x10j+18. I already used a calculator thing, and it said the outer position will retract 3mm, and I will have 15mm less inner clearance.

The thing here is... that with my regular wheels (10j+18) the inner lip of the wheel rubs the coilover... But that was with some random unknown high amount of camber.

I want to run -4* camber in the rear... will that give me enough clearance for the 10.5j+27?
What size of tires are you wanting to run? Wheel specs don't do us any good unless we know if you want to go stretched or wide tires and how low the car is going to be. When Flip says something fits, he means with stretched tires. When I say something is going to fit, I'm assuming with standard sized tires or wide tires.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #2150
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Stretched, 225/45 probably. Not sure, they're gonna be my spare pair so whatever tires I can get for the best price that'll fit, nothing specific in mind.

And yeah, I know it can fit, but I guess part of my question is: In the rear the camber affects how close the wheel is to the coilover right? Unlike the front where it stays the same (if using top plates to adjust). Because like I said, for some dumb reason my 10j+18 rubs on the coilover..

Edit: Btw, I have nothing against meaty tires. They can look bad ass, but not at the height/alignment I have. lol.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #2151
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
What size of tires are you wanting to run? Wheel specs don't do us any good unless we know if you want to go stretched or wide tires and how low the car is going to be. When Flip says something fits, he means with stretched tires. When I say something is going to fit, I'm assuming with standard sized tires or wide tires.
Well, 265/35-18 were stretched on 11js.

18x11 +29, had to double check my old FS thread. From what I remember, I still had space in the rear.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #2152
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Alright, idk wtf is up with my car then. I'll have to take a look at it. I knew it was weird that they were rubbing.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #2153
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Stretched, 225/45 probably. Not sure, they're gonna be my spare pair so whatever tires I can get for the best price that'll fit, nothing specific in mind.

And yeah, I know it can fit, but I guess part of my question is: In the rear the camber affects how close the wheel is to the coilover right? Unlike the front where it stays the same (if using top plates to adjust). Because like I said, for some dumb reason my 10j+18 rubs on the coilover..

Edit: Btw, I have nothing against meaty tires. They can look bad ass, but not at the height/alignment I have. lol.
I don't know how in the hell your 10" +18 rub considering my friend had 18x10 +44 and they only barely rubbed the lower control arm. He used a 5mm spacer and had no issues. Camber will affect it, but that's a difference of 26mm on the inside going from his to yours. Were you running tons of camber or something? Sounds like something is wrong or the offset wasn't what you thought it was!?!?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #2154
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I don't know how in the hell your 10" +18 rub considering my friend had 18x10 +44 and they only barely rubbed the lower control arm. He used a 5mm spacer and had no issues. Camber will affect it, but that's a difference of 26mm on the inside going from his to yours. Were you running tons of camber or something? Sounds like something is wrong or the offset wasn't what you thought it was!?!?
Offset is 10j+18, I bought them new, and it's a standard RPF1 size lol. But I think it may have something to do with the stupid camber, I never got an alignment last year after pulling out my whole rear suspension assembly for bushings and protective paint.

I knew it was weird, figured if I posted here I'd get some confirmation that it shouldn't be happening.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #2155
maxxxfly

maxxxfly is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP. Can I run a 245/35 on a 18x10 +13 wheel on a rolled/mild pull stock metal fender S14? I'd run around -3.5 camber. It just doesn't seem like anyone runs that much tire on that wide a wheel.
maxxxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #2156
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Will this fit on a S13 with overfenders (50mm) in rear and rolled front fenders?
18x10 -4 in front, 18x11.5 +26 in rear
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #2157
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxfly View Post
HELP. Can I run a 245/35 on a 18x10 +13 wheel on a rolled/mild pull stock metal fender S14? I'd run around -3.5 camber. It just doesn't seem like anyone runs that much tire on that wide a wheel.
Do-able. Remember, less pull, more camber. Less camber, more pull...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
Will this fit on a S13 with overfenders (50mm) in rear and rolled front fenders?
18x10 -4 in front, 18x11.5 +26 in rear
Rears yes. Fronts...goodluck on that one. Not even wide front fenders will help you since you'd be fighting the wheel well instead of just the fenders. If you insist on those fronts, you'd need fenders and tubbs.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #2158
rabbit05
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rabbit05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm running a chargespeed Widebody kit currently. 20mm up front and 50mm over fenders put back. To run a 18x10 up front and a 18x11.5 out back, what kind of offset will I be looking for. I might be really slow but I was thinking -40? If I run an 18x11 out back it may sit a little more flat, but again I am still lost on the offset. Help me, I'm still an offset noob.
rabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #2159
s13coupe92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupe92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
ok im stuck picking a tire to go with, im gonna run a 225/35/18 in front(s13 coupe) on a 18x9.5 +12 and a 275/35/18 in back on a 18x10.5 +15 rim and 50mm overfenders. my question is how much wider do federal ss595s run?? should i just step down a size on both wheels and call it good?
s13coupe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #2160
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupe92 View Post
my question is how much wider do federal ss595s run?? should i just step down a size on both wheels and call it good?
Federals run wider than said width.

If you want those exact sizes on your wheels, you will need to size down a size.

Federal will list it as 215 but, they'll fit like other brand 225's and so on and so forth.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote