Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need Help. Auto Accident/Insurance Question

Hey folks

I was involved in my first auto accident 2 years ago. Once insurances were involved and after 2 weeks since the accident occurred I didn't hear from anyone about it. About a month and a half ago I began calling companies to try and get auto insurance quotes when I found out by one company that my case is still open and they couldn't offer me a quote until the claim was closed. I called around until I got a hold of a claims representative and I found out the other party lawyered up and their lawyer was dragging things along. This 19th of June will be 2 years since the accident and I was told by my insurance company that if they do not hear from the other party they could close my case.

Well yesterday I heard back from the claims representative that's on my case asking me for permission to disclose my policy info ($) to the other party's lawyer. I didn't quite understand why this is needed and she explained the passenger from the other party had/has scoliosis as a child and racked up $12k in medical visits (from a ± 25 MPH accident) and my policy limits were close to getting maxed. From almost the moment insurance companies were involved I felt my insurance provider was looking out for its best interest more than mine. Is there anything to be concerned about with regards to disclosing my policy numbers to the other party?
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Did you bother to call and touch base after you noticed that you stopped receiving correspondence regarding the accident?

You should also look into possibly getting a lawyer.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

not after about two weeks after the accident. then I got wrapped up with looking up if my car was repairable, how much it would cost me, what needed to get fixed, how to fix it, quotes, find parts, my job etc. I never heard from anyone. Then I got wrapped up with the company that was fixing my rad core support and painting my car taking their sweet time to get my car done. Took them 3-4 months of my calling asking WTH? By then 6 months since the accident had gone by and that was behind me until just a month or so ago when AAA had me now paying 900 just for liability on my 240. when I started calling around for quotes, thats when I found out the claim is still open. been asking people I know who been in accidents before but didn't get any help from them so I thought id ask here.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Standard practice. What they are trying to do is feel out your insurance levels on decision to sue. Don't worry about it. Unless you have bank that is readily available they will figure out they have maxed you out and give up.

I got hit coming out of my driveway about 5 years ago now. The people were speeding, it totaled a SR powered S13 I was driving. It got ruled against me because I was turning left, fact is they punched it after coming around a corner a quarter of a block down the street.

Someone called an ambulance because they had a little girl in the back seat not even properly belted in.
They told the EMt's they had no injuries.

6 months later I get a call from my insurance company asking me the same question your company asked you. Told me the party had decided to retain a accident attorney I.e. Scumbag ambulance chaser.
They were declaring injuries, at the time my assets were well secured and out of reach. So I said sure let them know my limits I have nothing they can sue for.

Now I carry 100,000 coverage because honestly think about it. One accident with two new cars and possible injuries could rack up bills in excess of 50-60k

The state standards are riducously low compared to the cost of Cars these days and medical costs.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:05 AM   #5
wisajiuye

Trader Rating: (0)
wisajiuye is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The state standards are riducously low compared to the cost of Cars these days and medical costs.
wisajiuye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #6
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

thanks for adding a little piece of mind guys. hopefully this thing can get settled once and for all.