Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Your Favorite Tool Thread

Alright, basic premise: What tool/tools are tugging at your heartstrings right now?

GENERAL rules.

Name of tool
Price
Where you can get one (if possible)
What it does
Why it's your favorite

My pick for right now..

Name: Crud Thug, Part Number PT280THUGA
Price: 530.00
Where: Snap On Tools
What: Depending on the attachment you have on it, it can remove seam sealer, 2 sided tape (as pictured), and pretty much any other kind of junk that you could think of.
Why: Tool saves me tons of time, so in return makes me money. I love the handle location, you can get tons of leverage and you can control the speed with a lot of precision. One of those obscure tools you don't see most people own because they don't use them enough and they aren't the cheapest thing in the world. I use it just about every day and so far have zero complaints about it. I switched eraser wheels shortly after this picture to a Red Tred, which lasts way longer and doesn't leave a mess when you're done like the cheap ones will.

Form you can copy and paste:

Name:
Price:
Where:
What:
Why:
Old 08-08-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
Matman03
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Matman03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I use a similar tool but it is a little cheaper than that snap on and is electric. http://www.mbxit.com/products/mbx-vinyl-zapper-c-9.html
Matman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
name of tool: any air compressor
price: $100-$2000+
where: google, home depot, sears, harbor freight, etc.
what: depending on the attachment you have, tools you have can become air powered.
why: similar to what OP put down. try using an air drill or even that Crud Thug without some air!

from detail work, to old stubborn bolts, air compressors have made my life a billion times easier.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman03 View Post
I use a similar tool but it is a little cheaper than that snap on and is electric. http://www.mbxit.com/products/mbx-vinyl-zapper-c-9.html

Never knew they made an electric version of that tool, awesome for the guy at home who doesn't have a compressor. I know the snappy version is one of the most expensive versions of it, but I figured I've already got close to 15k in tools, why stop now.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #5
Matman03
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Matman03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Never know when you will need something unique.
Matman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #6
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Name: Ingersoll Rand Cordless Impact
Price: $400
Where: Amazon
What: 1100lb ft-lbs "nut busting" torque
Why: Makes your life a hell of a lot easier.

Seriously. Yes, it's on the expensive side, but it's extremely durable, makes removing axle nuts a breeze, and you can take it anywhere. You can pretty much take apart an entire S-chassis underbody/suspension in just an hour or so with two people.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman03 View Post
Never know when you will need something unique.
That's pretty much why I started this thread. There are so many tools out there, and not everyone is going to know what to use for a certain job, or how to make a job easier. Tools and car parts are my kryptonite, I love getting either one. Keep the postings up guys!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #8
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lincoln Pro 140 with shielding gas

Used from Craigslist 300.00

Exhausts, down pipes, mounts, make firewalls smooth as fuck, Weld AN fittings.

The versatility of a welder is awesome.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #9
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Kis4Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Milwaukee Power Tools.
In all got about $1300 for impacts, drill, sawzall, batterys, and light
Can purchase at home depot. Got most of my tools on sale during 2014 holiday season. Best time to buy as the usually come with batterys for free.
My favorite cordless tool set so far. Impacts are very powerful and have multiple torque settings. Like Crimson said can strip the whole underbody of car in around 2 hours. Great for the track, driveway or going to the junkyard.
Sawzall has plenty of power and is cordless which saves time and frustration dealing with cords.
Batterys come in 2, 3, and 4 amp capacities. I can use one 4 amp battery and take apart a rear subframe and reasemble.
Overall I really love these tools and help you finish your project faster so you can get back to enjoying your car.

Led Light has been my best purchase so far. The only time i really have to work on my 240 is at night and cheap lights were not cutting it. Plus I really hate cords and with this light I press a button, set it down and go to work. Super Bright and wide throw. I actually like working at night more now!
Kis4Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #10
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like the Milwaukee tool set and the cordless light i may have to look into that.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:18 AM   #11
GGTheSeventh
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
GGTheSeventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Name of tool
Platinum 12mm x 14mm Extended Ratcheting Wrench

Price - $45

Where you can get one (if possible) - Online / Snap On Trucks

What it does - Ratchets any 12/14mm variant headed bolt in hard or easy spots.

Why it's your favorite - I use it almost everyday for tranny / downpipes/ exhausts etc. Allows me to use leverage and angle to my benefits. Plus its self ratcheting to make life easy.

GGTheSeventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #12
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Name: Exhaust Hanger Removal Tool
Price:18.00
Where: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lisle-3835...stems/40452403
What: Effortlessly popping hanger through the Rubber bushing
Why: Well anyone whos worked on cars long enough should now how some hangers can be a complete pain in the ass to remove

Name: RB Fly Wheel Lock
Price: $200
Where: Nissan Japan (Discontinued/Zero Stock)
What: Used to lock the crank to break the Front crank pulley bolt loose. RB26 is Trq to 300 ft lbs.
Why: No need to use ghetto methods to break the crank bolt loose, and be able to fully trq the front crank bolt.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 09-22-2015 at 08:53 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote