Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #1
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Jeremy Clarkson and ex Top Gear team to produce and host new show on Amazon Prime

Via REUTERS

LONDON —Former "Top Gear" co-host Jeremy Clarkson has signed a deal with Amazon to present a new show alongside his former colleagues Richard Hammond and James May.

Clarkson was fired from the BBC for physically attacking a member of the "Top Gear" production staff in March.

Amazon said the new show, to be overseen by the trio's longtime executive producer Andy Wilman, will be available on its subscription streaming service Amazon Prime next year and run for three seasons.

It gave no further details of the as-yet unnamed show.

Clarkson, 55, was replaced as lead host of the globally popular "Top Gear" — which is watched by 350 million viewers worldwide — by British DJ Chris Evans.

Clarkson, who had generated both controversy and profits for Britain's publicly-funded broadcaster, had been on a final warning over accusations last year that he had used racist language while filming the show.

Some tweets from the hosts and Amazon UK:

K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 06:35 AM   #2
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dope! Amazon should have the budget to fund a show like this.
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #3
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So excited. Still think the BBC did the right thing, glad they're back!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hmmm... accusations of racist language? I was unaware. Must look into this before I blindly continue my support.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Hmmm... accusations of racist language? I was unaware. Must look into this before I blindly continue my support.
Jeremy once used the N word citing an old nursery rhyme, and then got accused of being racist by saying a bride with an Asian guy walking on it was slanted.

I've been called worse.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
crap now i will have to get a amazon subscription.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #7
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Yes this is widely known but IMO it is more so his British Humor.. Latino here who still blindly supports him
Old 08-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #8
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Yes this is widely known but IMO it is more so his British Humor.. Latino here who still blindly supports him
lol yeah man people take shit so seriously
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Do you still support Donald Trump too? You're part of the problem when you just turn a blind eye to this stuff. British humor is NOT an excuse for racial slurs or bigoted comments. It is an indication of ignorance, disrespect & institutionalized hate. None of which would be surprising from Clackson given his general contempt for a great many things, now that I think about it. It's too bad. I liked him and Top Gear before hearing about this. But I won't continue to condone this type of behavior by supporting him.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Do you still support Donald Trump too? You're part of the problem when you just turn a blind eye to this stuff. British humor is NOT an excuse for racial slurs or bigoted comments. It is an indication of ignorance, disrespect & institutionalized hate. None of which would be surprising from Clackson given his general contempt for a great many things, now that I think about it. It's too bad. I liked him and Top Gear before hearing about this. But I won't continue to condone this type of behavior by supporting him.

I support donald trump
And jeremy clarkson
And dave chapelle
And every other person out there who says whatever the fuck they want to say regardless if it offends someone just becouse of "race" theres only one race brother and thats the human race. Everything else that a "racist" says is there god given right to have an opinion.

Let me ask you somthin bruhhh if a hot alian chick came to earth from space would bang or nah?? would that be racist?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #11
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
First I'm hearing of this. Let me get this straight, shock jock does something shocking and gets fired? WTF. Clarkson is what I call an equal opportunity offender, he insults all races and groups including his own equally, so I don't care.

Also comparing someone who is running for president and an entertainer who makes a living on sarcasm and comedy is a reach.

Will be watching.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #12
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
I support donald trump
And jeremy clarkson
And dave chapelle
And every other person out there who says whatever the fuck they want to say regardless if it offends someone just becouse of "race" theres only one race brother and thats the human race. Everything else that a "racist" says is there god given right to have an opinion.

Let me ask you somthin bruhhh if a hot alian chick came to earth from space would bang or nah?? would that be racist?

I'm not really concerned with Clarkson's ability to merely say whatever he wants & be offensive as much as I'm concerned with his ability to influence others & partake in institutional oppression. I'm wary of any influential public figure who spews bigoted & racial garbage. But Zilvia isn't the place to get into a race debate. Hammond & May are still cool in my book though until I hear otherwise, but I'll just say that I'm not a fan of Clarkson anymore at this point. And I've never once entertained the idea of banging anything non-human (and I'm not about to start now), so I don't have an answer to your retarded alien question.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #13
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Actually i did support Trump before the Mexicano bashing. Not anymore tho even tho i'm not Mexican i'll ride with them. Now as for Top Gear and Clarkson i can overlook his personal thoughts of Racism and enjoy his automotive journalism. we don't need to see eye to eye on race for me to enjoy the others as well. That would be punishing. It's naive to think everyone on TV or in the general public eye are open and accepting of everyone. Reminds me of the saying:
the enemy you know is better than the one you don't

Somewhere Archie bunker is rolling his eye!
Old 08-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #14
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Let Simmode cry about racism and not watch a good show because he cant take a little humor. If you cant laugh at some jokes about race then I feel sorry for you.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
I'm not really concerned with Clarkson's ability to merely say whatever he wants & be offensive as much as I'm concerned with his ability to influence others & partake in institutional oppression. I'm wary of any influential public figure who spews bigoted & racial garbage. But Zilvia isn't the place to get into a race debate. Hammond & May are still cool in my book though until I hear otherwise, but I'll just say that I'm not a fan of Clarkson anymore at this point. And I've never once entertained the idea of banging anything non-human (and I'm not about to start now), so I don't have an answer to your retarded alien question.

My cat is "retarded" i take offence to you saying my question was "retarded"
Old 08-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #16
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
Let Simmode cry about racism and not watch a good show because he cant take a little humor. If you cant laugh at some jokes about race then I feel sorry for you.
It's all about context to me. Lonestarsilvia said he used the N word during a nursery rhyme. However, since Clarkson continues to deny that he actually said it and the recording isn't very clear to me, I'll reserve judgement on it. But if it was what it sounds like, then it was not much different than what Sigma Alpha Epsilon did during their infamously racist Frat chant. I'm the one that feels sorry for you if you take that kind of shit lightly because it is not funny. At all.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If everybody took it lightly then no one would be offended.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #18
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=simmode1;5921420]It's all about context to me. Lonestarsilvia said he used the N word during a nursery rhyme. However, since Clarkson continues to deny that he actually said it and the recording isn't very clear to me, I'll reserve judgement on it. But if it was what it sounds like, then it was not much different than what Sigma Alpha Epsilon did during their infamously racist Frat chant. I'm the one that feels sorry for you if you take that kind of shit lightly because it is not funny. At all.[/QUOTE

You're way too soft that's ekkk
Old 09-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #19
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's all about context to me. Lonestarsilvia said he used the N word during a nursery rhyme. However, since Clarkson continues to deny that he actually said it and the recording isn't very clear to me, I'll reserve judgement on it. But if it was what it sounds like, then it was not much different than what Sigma Alpha Epsilon did during their infamously racist Frat chant. I'm the one that feels sorry for you if you take that kind of shit lightly because it is not funny. At all.
Don't watch it then problem solved.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #20
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Meh, like I've said, I've been called worse. But then again, I'm a bit de-sensitized from shit talking from being in the military for 8+ years.

I don't think he's truly racist in the sense that he attends KKK rallies and rants that Mexican's need to go back over the border.

All I can say is torrent some of the older Top Gear seasons and come to your own conclusion. I don't find his jokes offensive in the least bit, but of course everyone has their own tolerances. It is FAR from being the most offensive thing on TV these days.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #21
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Eh who cares. I bet every one of you has dropped the N bomb at least one or twice in his or her life. I highly doubt clarkson is racist. Asshole? yes racist naw.

anywho i am looking forward to see what amazon does with this. Not worth prime though.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #22
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
this is good, I am stoked, top gear UK has easily been my favorite show since 2007 and it was only because Jeremy Richard and James are hilarious together, fuck new top gear, on to their new show