Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
1999 infiniti q45 with s14 arms and coils

so it turns out like most nissans that the q45 and s13/s14 parts are mostly interchangeable. so with nobody stocking q45 coils in the states, and then costing 2500+ per set, once i learned of this alternantive it was a no brainer. yokotas13 aka grant really fueled the info for this a couple years ago and i just started the process.

here is my car with jic coils for the q45

and here is my car yesterday morning

all the parts put togther thanks to el jeffe jordan

and last night

haven't done the rears yet but just look what can b done.
power by max coils all around for this setup

stock body with a roll and power by max arms in the rear
wheel specs
18x10 -28
18x12 Zero

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
yeah i remember reading about all this stuff when i was going to buy one of these

yokotas13 wrote a good deal of info
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
but that guy is cheating with the driveway! loljk

nice, did you sell your old setup? cant wait to see what you got in store for us
Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
talk about riding it till the wheels fall off, i actually used thm till 2 of the springs broke in the coils. ride was pretty shitty after that!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 04-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
God I love these Q45's. Because of my desire for a luxury car, preferably japanese, I'm stuck between this model or the 94-96 model. This just made me want a 97-98 even more now.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
nvstyles
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
nvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
car looks awesome. I'm stuck between this or a 93-96 Lexus LS400. There's something about the boxy style of the LS400 that looks dope.

Keep us updated!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
God damnit, more of a reason to get one.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
but that guy is cheating with the driveway! loljk

nice, did you sell your old setup? cant wait to see what you got in store for us
no cheating here. this is undercarrige ride height clearance.

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Stop posting!

I want a Q45 so bad. Someone buy me one.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
nice nice nice nice!!! youre putting me over the edge to pull the trigger on a 03-04 m45....aaaaaargh
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
lol at people 3 years later finally listening to me

narrowing your track in the front with the s chassis stuff makes a HUGE diff in what you can use.
best mod i ever did on my y33
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
DAMN this shit looks like a built s chassis suspension! haha i bookmarked that dudes thread.

!

when are people going to swap rb26s and shit like that in these and drift them haha
icedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
yeah, i did this shit with bags on top of it like 3 years ago.
its not hard, just takes the time and parts.

and GTR brakes make a WORLD of diff on a y33
Old 04-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #14
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I know a guy selling a clean two tone ls400 for like 3300. Pm me if you want the info.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
so the s13 arms made the front narrower? whats the benefit besides less expensive coilovers, wider wheel fitment?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #16
yokotas13
Post Whore!

more camber with slotted top holes
tie rod replacement, and angle correction options with better strength
easier to source replacement parts than expensive y33 parts.
adjustable lower control arms for even MORE camber
THe MAIN reason i developed it, was to go lower. ALL the y33 coilovers only go so low without sagging springs and killing the dampers.
I wanted to be able to tuck a 215/40/18 on a 9j tire and still drive. you cant with ANY y33 specific coils. Plus i didnt want to go with Overfenders, so after lots of measuring and checking adn stuffs i figured out that s13 stuff would all work, with mixing some other stuff in.
Most guys use s14, but i like using 13 personally. more narrow track with the s13 arms, and s13 coils are normally cheaper in japan than 14, and i found dampering on the 13 vs 14 coils in the front to my liking on CST coilovers (i tried both type)
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #17
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
whats the benefit besides less expensive coilovers, wider wheel fitment?
what other benifits would you want?

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #18
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
DAMN this shit looks like a built s chassis suspension! haha i bookmarked that dudes thread.

!

when are people going to swap rb26s and shit like that in these and drift them haha

Planned on doing it with my Y33 but RB25DET
TougeKid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeKid1 View Post
Planned on doing it with my Y33 but RB25DET
Oh that's so nice of you to bump a two year old thread just to tell us that you HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #20
yokotas13
Post Whore!

oh, and that the RB25 bolts right into a y33.....
why you ask?

becuase it was a fucking engine option
Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
oh, and that the RB25 bolts right into a y33.....
why you ask?

becuase it was a fucking engine option
BOOM!

this will be my next build after the 13 is done. This shit looks hawt.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

No shit is was an engine option in JAPAN on other Y33's. I'm talking about the y33 cima/Q45 that was made in the US as well it was never an engine option the only motors they had a v30det an VH41de dumbass . An the reason why I haven't done anything is cause I'm working an saving so don't try an tell me anything if you don't know my situation
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
^ Kids these days, no respect.
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
No shit is was an engine option in JAPAN on other Y33's. I'm talking about the y33 cima/Q45 that was made in the US as well it was never an engine option the only motors they had a v30det an VH41de dumbass . An the reason why I haven't done anything is cause I'm working an saving so don't try an tell me anything if you don't know my situation
butt hurt much? jesus.

just for the record, s chassis suspension doesn't work on g50 q45's unless you want to move the strut towers back 1-2" hahaha
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
why did you bump the thread??? save the update for when you have something to update it with. no shame in saving up, just avoid posting without substance.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

I give no respect for people acting like a douche bags. Deolio I can give mad respect too because he has done a g50 drift project. Something that no one hasn't done before which has inspired me to do the same with my y33 cima VIP drift crew rising???
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #27
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
I give no respect for people acting like a douche bags. Deolio I can give mad respect too because he has done a g50 drift project. Something that no one hasn't done before which has inspired me to do the same with my y33 cima VIP drift crew rising???
Umm...you do know YokotaS13 was pretty much one of the few people in here who would know alot about this chassis since he's had this car in Japan right? You dont need to give us a damn history lesson on what engines are optional in Japan, some of us actually lived out there and have driven RB equipped Y and C-chassis.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #28
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
so don't try an tell me anything if you don't know my situation
Ahh, yes the you dont know my situation comeback.... The universal coverup for im a broke asshat, and I want people to feel bad for me.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Quote:
situation is

you are a poor fuck trying to act cool.
go away
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #30
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Something that no one hasn't done before which has inspired me to do the same with my y33 cima VIP drift crew rising???
Something that no one has not done before???
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote