Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #421
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgzy View Post
is the powersteering going onto this, does anyone know?
Just looking at it, I don't see a pump, or a reservoir for the PS pump, so I'm guessing no power steering? Guessing here I don't wanna be wrong lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #422
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Posting up my progress of my tuck/relocation. Still a work in progress. I regreted taking the time to redo the engine harness. It was a waste IMO. You can just take the original one and tuck it in under the manifold and etc. Made a minimal difference in how clean it looked. I only removed 2 connectors I didnt need but I fixed some wrong connections on the f3 plug and ecu plug. Removed most of the relays for shit I didnt need (fogs, antitheft, clutch interlock, ascd, etc) I hope it starts once its all together. I spent many hours with the fsm *crosses fingers*

uglier angle with the clusterfuck of an engine harness

rerouted passenger wiring

degreased engine bay and no wiring.. looking cleaner

bye bye oem underbonnet fusebox

battery cable (relocated to trunk) to dist box. wiring to starter, fusepanels, etc to come.. im gonna put the dist box over the carpet and reroute the wires under it. i think itll make it look cool with the digital display lol

While i'm at it I got a new steering wheel and relocated my boost controler. I'm gonna put the headunit where the push a/c unit goes and relocate that to somewhere under the dash and hide it.. The center console panel is gonna be a cf piece with a couple of switches/gauges on them

HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #423
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Oh and I cant forget the zilvian ultimate pile of useless wiring with foot pic
.. Yes those are speakers in there too
Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #424
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I know everyone wants the ultimate clean engine bay, but if you're taking the time to do everything right, why run wires through the fenders at all?

I never run any wiring through the fenders on my harnesses, even if it's Mil-spec wire with beefy loom. I run all my stuff down the cold side fender rail (passenger side on SR's/RB's) and clip it into the corner by the tub. Still looks cool as fuck, and it's never going to get pinched/rubbed/run over.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #425
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
is that a volt gauge im guessing on the battery relocation cable?

clever
Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #426
BrownDogg
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
BrownDogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BrownDogg
Here is my wire tuck that I did. I completely removed every piece of oem wiring from the entire car and made my own harness with a painless setup. This is my first wire tuck and first time doing something to this extent as well.

I even tucked the brake lines as well.

BrownDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #427
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
nice work. your car sure does have a full tank LOL
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #428
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
A few things I see wrong with the above setup:

big aluminum plate with Screws into dash
Keys hanging onto DCC
unpainted gauge bezel with autometer gauges

all are pretty major taboo as far as i'm concerned. everything else looks good.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #429
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
A few things I see wrong with the above setup:

big aluminum plate with Screws into dash
Keys hanging onto DCC
unpainted gauge bezel with autometer gauges

all are pretty major taboo as far as i'm concerned. everything else looks good.
Wow, harsh... probably doesn't help you hang out with me all of the time.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #430
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
i think its sick man!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #431
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
where do you guys mount the ignitor chip at when you tuck the engine harness?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #432
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
inside the car is best
Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #433
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

ok thanks. another thing, im not sure if its my harness or if everyones is wired this way originally, but i have ground wires being crimped together. like 4 of them crimped into 1. as well as some other wires too. some going directly into the ecu and some going from one clip to another. is this right, or did someone screw up the harness before it was put in?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #434
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Grounds crimped together isn't the worst thing in the world, and it's actually better than stacking them, but give 'em a little tug to make sure they're actually crimped in there by the wire and not by the insulation.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 08-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #435
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
remove insulation, solder the crimps
Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #436
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

yeah theyre not coming off. i was just wondering if that was bad or anything. im having a hell of a time getting everything un tangled and stretched out though because of it T_T
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #437
Johny5
Post Whore!

they can be carefull cut off with dykes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #438
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

yeah i thought about cutting them off and re crimping, but im worried ill forget where all the wires ran or mix them up >.>
Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #439
Johny5
Post Whore!

no don't cut the wires, just the insulation over the crimp to expose the metal crimp, lay solder into that.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #440
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
remove insulation, solder the crimps
That's actually a bad idea. The advantage of a crimp connection is that it's resistant to vibration/movement... solder joints (especially at a ground, where the harness can move in relation to the engine) will work-harden and become very brittle with vibration, leading to a break.

All aircraft harnesses are free of solder joints, and most race car harnesses are all crimps as well.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #441
Johny5
Post Whore!

i don't mean the whole thing, ultimately you have the crimp to rely on, then the small bit of wire past the crimp gets soldered onto the base of the ground eyelet. double fail system without complete reliance on the solder, thats just a good backup to have
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #442
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

im trying to get all the wires un tangled because they weave in and out of each other and such. is it possible to have each clip and its wires to be seperate from all the others? i dont really know how to explain what im picturing lol. this is proving to be slightly more difficult than i anticipated, but its already out so i have to finish now.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #443
Johny5
Post Whore!

post a pic
Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #444
blackej7
Zilvia Junkie

blackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgzy View Post
is the powersteering going onto this, does anyone know?
Yes, power steering is installed:

Old 08-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #445
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

got some pics here, theres 2 plugs i uploaded pics of yesterday i was trying to see if anyone knew what they were because of the weird ground wire that runs between the plugs, but doesnt ground anywhere and the blue one has wires that go off into another plug. i kind of put descriptions best i could in the pics. i dont know a whole lot about what the wires go to though so bare with me lol Pictures by Fam1ne - Photobucket

i just took this pic here, theres a blue wire soldered into a ground from the 1 plug, and goes into the other plug from the ignitor chip. can i ground this somewhere else to clean that up a bit? http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0173.jpg

Last edited by GL Chrillz; 08-24-2011 at 03:09 PM..
Old 08-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #446
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

i want something like chasebays like this http://www.chasebays.com/content/pro...s/DSC_9519.JPG
http://www.chasebays.com/content/products/3198/main.jpg
without spending 600 dollars on it.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #447
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

^^^ I do tucked and loomed harnesses slightly cheaper than that, but you're going to spend somewhere around that neighborhood anyway doing it yourself, having to buy the correct materials, and that's assuming you can borrow tools.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #448
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

is it possible to do something close to that using all the original wiring? what kind of prices do you charge?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #449
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180

what battery cable did are you using?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #450
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

2 gauge wire