Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #151
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I think that honda bay looks sick...I love graffiti tho. It gives it personality like the white lambo that was graffiti'd with a black sharpy.

http://www.designer-daily.com/wp-con...amborghini.jpg

Im not gonna post a pic since its not a tucked engine bay but its a mean ass lambo.

I love your harness's tho. Its so clean and simple and I can't wait to see the nissan stuff
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #152
dread

Trader Rating: (0)
dread is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is mine before, looks a little different now but can't post pics until the build is finished.

dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #153
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Not a full tuck, did mines on the car, still has A/C and power steering etc.

s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #154
sickrbs14
Leaky Injector

sickrbs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
that chase bay shit looks quality but there web sites half retarded and i dont understand what they got for nissans
sickrbs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #155
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
i was talking to mike and chase and they told me they got mil-spec ka/ sr harness, coolant resevoir,p/s braided lines,tucked in radiators, tuck brake lines and i think brake booster delete.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #156
jiggs
Zilvia Junkie

jiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choices
and where can i view those products? sounds awesome
Old 07-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #157
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
the internet
Old 07-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #158
stickman09

stickman09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Website is being revamped! Officially introducing the Nissan products at IA Nashville coming up next weekend!

Caleb @ Chase Bays
stickman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #159
nopwrsldr180
Leaky Injector

nopwrsldr180 is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the pedal feel like without the booster and the new master cyl?
nopwrsldr180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #160
GenPac
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
GenPac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopwrsldr180 View Post
OT, but...

Right. I was just thinking this. Essentially, your converting to manual brakes? How do you account for pedal ratio? How are you sizing the bore, when you do not know what brakes (piston surface area) your customers are running?
Pedal feel from power to manual is very different, though it is easier to modulate braking on the cusp of locking-up with a manual setup. This of course, is just my opinion based on my experiences with manual vs. power assist brakes.
GenPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #161
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopwrsldr180 View Post
Please keep this thread on topic or I will have a mod clear out the posts.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:24 AM   #162
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickrbs14 View Post
that chase bay shit looks quality but there web sites half retarded and i dont understand what they got for nissans
Agree'd i think they expect us to know what CM1 or CM2 means or even Mill Spec..

I even google'd around to try and find some info, yet couldnt find any proper sources when punching in "chasebays + sr20'

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #163
AeroDesigns
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AeroDesigns is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AeroDesigns
Chase Bays is done with their KA Harness!

Post em up chase!!
AeroDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #164
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
Agree'd i think they expect us to know what CM1 or CM2 means or even Mill Spec..

I even google'd around to try and find some info, yet couldnt find any proper sources when punching in "chasebays + sr20'
I think they just say mil-spec because they use a mil-spec circular connector for the firewall.. not because they are actually built to mil-spec standards..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #165
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
I think they just say mil-spec because they use a mil-spec circular connector for the firewall.. not because they are actually built to mil-spec standards..
mil-spec is not a 'style' or a 'variant'.
A product or procedure is mil-spec-xxxx because is meets the military criteria
defined in a standard.
And btw, there are a lot of military standards - some for goods, some finishes, some for procedures, etc, etc.
Technically for an item or process to be Mil-Spec it should carry certification issued by a government/military/aerospace, etc accredited supplier.

But such terms are now used as no more than marketing catch phrases.
Similar to the "Aerospace grade aluminum" description you see used in many products.
I doubt any of these vendors have material mill certs to provide upon request.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #166
Envy2343
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Envy2343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
need some more pics since this is a pic thread guys thanks and nice sr!
Envy2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #167
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
More pics soon guys, working on a RB26 Datsun 260z this last week with full tucked/loomed chassis and engine harnesses. Awesome stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
I doubt any of these vendors have material mill certs to provide upon request.
Ahem.

I was a Aircraft Electronics Tech in the Navy, and while you did make some good points (the most important being that "mil-spec" just means a product is made to a specification, doesn't make it magically good, etc) I can unequivocally describe the specs and produce certs where applicable (wire, connectors) for the products I use.

The wire I use most commonly is Mil-W-22759/16-xx-x in 20, 16, 12 and 6 gauge from a couple of actual military suppliers, and the bulkhead connectors I like to use are Amphenol 97-series, conforming to Mil-C-5015 but extending through Amphenol's own specs (much more detailed, these connectors are rad).

Your argument had some credence however as I believe I am the exception rather than the rule in this niche industry (military as well as civilian education, actual experience, racing sponsorships, etc).

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #168
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Thank you.

I am a Communications and Electronics Tech in the Marine Corps (ground side of Avionics). Everything Jordan is saying is 100% correct. Mil-spec is NOT a style or type but rather built to certain specification. "Mil-spec" has throughly been tested and certified to be able to use in military applications and the military supplier certified to provide these parts to the Gov't. Just because it says "Mil-Spec" does not mean its actually used by the military. Mostly anything "Mil-Spec" now in this industry is just a catch phrase.

When ordering parts, attention to detail is paramount. Usually you will order by NSN (National Stock Number) a 13 digit number in the form of xxxx-xx-xxx-xxxx. But in some instances you will order by p/n which a part can totally change just by a suffix at the end. Some cases will have the same NSN and a variation of P/n's.

I like the Amphenol 97-series BH connectors, I got to get a peek at some from the wing units, then realized I had the same connectors at my shop almost anything comm related in a pelican case, cape set, or UPS power supply has them. I have a ton of tactically aquired BH connectors... waiting to go in my S13 when I get back stateside from this hell hole.
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #169
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
^tactically acquired lol.

Amphenol is the shit. Everything I've ever used of theirs is amazing to work with. But in aerospace electronics everything has to work flawlessly so it makes sense. As to MIL spec items, Some of the parts/components we put on the planes look a little shabby to me sometimes albiet still quite functional. Not so much on the spark chaser side but hydraulics stuff can be so so. Thats my experience from Dod Suppliers and end user.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #170
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Amphenol is used on almost everything I work with. Blue Force Trackers, Cape Sets, tactical switches... Tactically Acquired is a term used alot in the Marine Corps haha. I agree with you on "shabby". Though, it may contradict our previous post, parts we get in may look cheap. Mil Spec and "contract to the lowest bidder" may not seem to go hand in hand, but sometimes it does.

Please dont go buying the cheapest "Mil Spec" connectors you can find. Like Jordan said, make sure it conforms to Mil C 5015. I have heard of horror stories of connectors that leaked water in past non existent seals and shorted out a whole electrical system. The last thing anyone ones needs is a fried ECU or even worse, a fire.
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #171
gsr-boost-dc
Leaky Injector

gsr-boost-dc is an unknown quantity at this point
So when is the release of all the chasebays goodies???
gsr-boost-dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #172
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I can finally post in here now that the car runs. Super mild fuse box tuck, still some things to work out:

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #173
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks great! ^
Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #174
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Ahem.

I was a Aircraft Electronics Tech in the Navy, and while you did make some good points (the most important being that "mil-spec" just means a product is made to a specification, doesn't make it magically good, etc) I can unequivocally describe the specs and produce certs where applicable (wire, connectors) for the products I use.

The wire I use most commonly is Mil-W-22759/16-xx-x in 20, 16, 12 and 6 gauge from a couple of actual military suppliers, and the bulkhead connectors I like to use are Amphenol 97-series, conforming to Mil-C-5015 but extending through Amphenol's own specs (much more detailed, these connectors are rad).

Your argument had some credence however as I believe I am the exception rather than the rule in this niche industry (military as well as civilian education, actual experience, racing sponsorships, etc).
just saw this
I think we're on the same page here
and you're right, you're probably the exception

the shop I work at is AS9100 certified
that means we're qualified to work for the Aerospace Industry and get audited once a year to keep our certification current
I inspect the parts we make and maintain the quality system
and while we don't necessarily deal with mil-spec electronics as a whole
I am very familiar with record retention and traceability requirements for the government
so if Boeing needs fasteners certs from a part we made within the last 20 years, it's on file
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #175
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
just saw this
I think we're on the same page here
and you're right, you're probably the exception

the shop I work at is AS9100 certified
that means we're qualified to work for the Aerospace Industry and get audited once a year to keep our certification current
I inspect the parts we make and maintain the quality system
and while we don't necessarily deal with mil-spec electronics as a whole
I am very familiar with record retention and traceability requirements for the government
so if Boeing needs fasteners certs from a part we made within the last 20 years, it's on file
Yeah, the place I work at has ISO 9001:2000 + AS9100B certification.. I think we get audited twice a year.. We deal with assembling mil-spec harnesses and connectors..

Also, just using Mil-spec hardware isn't good enough.. It also has to be built and assembled properly.. Kinda like the difference between welding so it holds and an actual good weld..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #176
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #177
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
Haha.

thats funny!

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
D1S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #178
90white240
Zilvia Addict

90white240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I can finally post in here now that the car runs. Super mild fuse box tuck, still some things to work out:

How did you end up running your wires to your fuse boxes, and how did you mount your fuse boxes?
Old 07-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #179
cnichols
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
cnichols is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Still need to do the brake lines/booster delete/MC relocate and shave the bay. And a cooling panel for sure.

Last edited by cnichols; 09-15-2010 at 10:24 PM..
cnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #180
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
Yeah, the place I work at has ISO 9001:2000 + AS9100B certification.. I think we get audited twice a year.. We deal with assembling mil-spec harnesses and connectors..

Also, just using Mil-spec hardware isn't good enough.. It also has to be built and assembled properly.. Kinda like the difference between welding so it holds and an actual good weld..
I've had spotty luck with Tyco/AMP connectors over the years, and would never trust off-the-shelf bulkhead connectors like some hot rod shops are starting to carry. I've always had excellent results with the Amphenol 97-series and can find what I need almost every time I order them up - there's certainly something to be said for good national availability!

Just used another set in Ryan Kado's Formula D car for next season - size 23, 37 16ga pins for the upper and transmission harness and a size 18, 8-pin with 7 16ga pins and 1 12ga for the front chassis and starter solenoid. Because he wanted Olive Drab I was able to get all 4 connectors (2 pairs) as well as strain reliefs and moisture grommets sent up next-day for cheaaaaaaaaaaap.

People have been asking me to stock supplies for those wanting to try this themselves, and I'm going to look into providing kits with all new pins/connectors for the OEM harness as well as wire, loom, and adhesive heat shrink with an option for bulkhead connectors. I see a lot of people botching this, but if that's what the market wants, I can help out.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote