Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
2014/2015 NBA Season Thread

I'd asked someone else to post this, but I don't think he has been online since this morning...
Tonight is draft night, free agency begins on Tuesday.
It's next season now gentlefolk!

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This draft is better than last years. I am enjoying it so far. Cannot wait for the 16th and 19th pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Gamma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I think my team(Lakers) did pretty good..
"Julius Randell" said it best I'm gonna make those teams that past up on me pay. Lmao he's gonna love Kobe with that attitude..
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
No TV

Sucks for Wiggins in someways. Sure your number one, but you are also going to the Cavs. Ugh. Is it tears of Joy or Pain?
Old 06-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
This draft is better than last years. I am enjoying it so far. Cannot wait for the 16th and 19th pick

lol, I haven't watched draft live for a long ass time. but, I'm watching it now. go 34th pick.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #6
Corbic
Post Whore!

Hmmm we got Doug McDermott. I wonder how real the chances are that the Bulls will land Melo. I just see it as to far out, just like Cavs thinking Lebron would actually return.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Great move by the Bulls imo.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Nah man Melo and Bron are coming to the Lakers(Sarcasm),Lol we can all dream.. u never Corbic what can happen.. I think Bron should go back to cleavland, love said if Bron join he'll sign too.. That's a pretty good squad with Irving, love and Bron lol that's actually quit deadly IMO..
Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
These dreamers need to stop thinking Lebrons going to the Cavs. Not sure if you guys remember but players would leave practice and argue with couches during practice last year, whole organizations a mess. Loul Deng said none of that bs would be tolerated by the Bulls. Why would he leave a well put together organization like the Heat to join the joke of a team known as the Cavs who have had top picks in the last 4 years and still blow.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
These dreamers need to stop thinking Lebrons going to the Cavs. Not sure if you guys remember but players would leave practice and argue with couches during practice last year, whole organizations a mess. Loul Deng said none of that bs would be tolerated by the Bulls. Why would he leave a well put together organization like the Heat to join the joke of a team known as the Cavs who have had top picks in the last 4 years and still blow.
Exactly.

He either goes to LA (doubtful) or absolutely twists Miami's arm into his submission. He has a couch and management group at Miami that wants to win and can win. They are 2/4 right now.

Bosh and Wade need to free agent and renegotiate. This is going to suck for them but it will open up some cash to get more talent on the bench. That is what Lebron wants (I think).

I also think he'd be happy at the Clippers but I just can't see them having any way of getting him, exp if as the news has been saying "Blake Griffin is untouchable".

Why Lebron would want to go to a shit hole like Cleveland (city) and play for a dysfunctional 2nd rate team again is beyond me. He has money, so even if they offer him 30m, he won't jump.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I like the pick by the Lakers. I also heard rumors of the Celtics wanting the #7 pick from the Lakers for Rondo. I would do it in a heartbeat if the rumor is true. Trade Randle for Rondo then convince Carmelo Anthony to sign. The Lakers get a proven scorer in Anthony and a true PG that they haven't had in awhile (I don't count Nash since he was always injured) in Rondo. If not, Randle looks like he has the tools needed to be a legit player in the league. Seeing as the Lakers drafted him, I don't see Gasol returning. The Mavs are looking to sign him as a free agent and I think he would flourish in Dallas.

I highly doubt LeBron would come back to Cleveland especially after them signing an unproven (in the NBA world) coach out of the Euro league. I think LeBron stays with the Heat and gets a bigger contract (which he deserves) or bolts and teams up with Rose to Chicago. I would love him on the Lakers but that signing is far-fetched, but you never know?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #12
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Lmao Bron wants chips, and if that's what he wants, then a broke down wade that misses half the season and a who know if he shows up bosh, with a wack bench then Miami isn't the place.... Chips are the name of the game, so this mercenary(LeBron) is gonna go where he can win... Honestly love is better than bosh, Irving is better then wade's broke down ass at the moment, unless wade can show that he can play then it's a different story.... It doesn't matter where he goes if he can add some rings to his resume then he will consider it.. Same goes for melo he's not going to Chicago cause it's pretty much the same situation there he's gonna have to carry the load offensively, cause in all honestly and I freakin hate to say it but rose's knees are done same with wade.. And rose needs his knees to be the same rose I love and the league feared, he was tearing opponents up.... Come on Brone by himself took the cavs to the finals, now with Irving and love if he signs that's a contender and better then what Miami might have... I'm just being a realist.. Chips is the name of the game.. And on a side note I hope rose proves me wrong,, I would be happy for that humble dude, he deserves to be at a 100%..

I would love rondo on the lakers, that would be sweet..
You never know what can happen in this league.. Lol the only thing u can know for sure is the spurs will always when a chip every 2-3 years...
Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 AM   #13
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Now that I think about it.. Randle's upside seems to be high, so I think I would rather have the Lakers keep him and build around him. His mentality and demeanor during his post-draft interviews tell me he's ready to be a star.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #14
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
Same goes for melo he's not going to Chicago cause it's pretty much the same situation there he's gonna have to carry the load offensively, cause in all honestly and I freakin hate to say it but rose's knees are done same with wade.. And rose needs his

Gotta disagree.

There is no reason Roses knees should give put again. The surgery actually should make them stronger. The problem is how much of "the game" has he lost sitting out for 3 years? Even if he's still in good shape, he lost 3 years of development.

But seriously, he's 26. He has at minimal 5 great years ahead of him and another 5 solid ones behind that.

Let's get real, with no hardcore talent Thibs has drove this team to the play offs the last two years. They are number 1 in defense and rarely lose by the double digits. If they could just mange to ad 15pts to their game they become a solid competitor. 20pts, a title contender.

The Nicks didn't even get to the playoffs last season. Even if Rose goes out or is only mediocre, Melo would still have a real championship shot with the Bulls. I don't see him having any shot with the Nicks.

The problem is if the Bulls amnesty Boozer they have what, 11 mill to play with? Melo is set to make $23m with the Nicks this year.

How much is a ring worth? How much of the team are the Bulls willing to sacrifice to get $20m space to entice Melo or Lebron?
Old 06-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #15
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe we actually got Napier. I guess the rumors were true after all. He's a good pick, but I hope the other part of the rumor is not going to play out (trading Cole). I'd rather ship Chalmers out somewhere and keep Cole. As nice as Napier is, this team needs to build to win now and we've already developed Cole to this point and I feel he is more consistent to trust than Chalmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Bosh and Wade need to free agent and renegotiate. This is going to suck for them but it will open up some cash to get more talent on the bench. That is what Lebron wants (I think).
I think this is still the likely scenario. It wont hurt Bosh and Wade to take a cut (in a income tax free state) considering they will get more money in endorsements if they continue to get the publicity they are getting now, which is sure to continue as long as they stay together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
Lmao Bron wants chips, and if that's what he wants, then a broke down wade that misses half the season and a who know if he shows up bosh, with a wack bench then Miami isn't the place.... Chips are the name of the game, so this mercenary(LeBron) is gonna go where he can win... Honestly love is better than bosh, Irving is better then wade's broke down ass at the moment, unless wade can show that he can play then it's a different story.... It doesn't matter where he goes if he can add some rings to his resume then he will consider it.. Same goes for melo he's not going to Chicago cause it's pretty much the same situation there he's gonna have to carry the load offensively, cause in all honestly and I freakin hate to say it but rose's knees are done same with wade.. And rose needs his knees to be the same rose I love and the league feared, he was tearing opponents up.... Come on Brone by himself took the cavs to the finals, now with Irving and love if he signs that's a contender and better then what Miami might have... I'm just being a realist.. Chips is the name of the game.. And on a side note I hope rose proves me wrong,, I would be happy for that humble dude, he deserves to be at a 100%....
Everyone is forgetting that the 1st year was about building chemistry. If you think if Lebron goes somewhere else it will be instant championship you don't understand how the NBA works.

Additionally, if you have a problem with resting Wade, then you also have a problem with Popovich resting Duncan, Parker and Ginobli on a regular basis. Get a clue, this is the smart thing to do nowadays. Wade was on fire in the ECF. His performance in the Finals was not because of health, it was because his game during the series (like the rest of the team). I have no problem resting Wade and getting some fresh legs in there for the regular season.

The NBA is getting better with maintaining their older players. Don't sleep on them, look at what the Mavs did to the Spurs in the first round. Speaking of which, lookout for the Mavs next season. The moves they are making with Chandler coming back, etc..., I will say they are poised to be a tough matchup in the playoffs. I don't know why Chandler left in the first place.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Everyone is forgetting that the 1st year was about building chemistry. If you think if Lebron goes somewhere else it will be instant championship you don't understand how the NBA works.
Exactly, and these peasant teams trying to throw money to get a super star (Falcons, Rockets, Cavs) have NOTHING but money. Lebron going back to Cleveland is Lebron rewinding 4 years. The locals will idolize him, he'll get an extra 5-10 million... and be doing all the heavy lifting. It will be a struggle to get into the play offs and he won't be on a contender ready team.

Quote:
Additionally, if you have a problem with resting Wade, then you also have a problem
Exactly, the HEAT had no problem getting into the playoffs. Even if Wade sat out the whole season they would still make it.

Quote:
His performance in the Finals was not because of health, it was because his game during the series (like the rest of the team). I have no problem resting Wade and getting some fresh legs in there for the regular season.
Bingo. Miami ran out of depth to compete with the Spurs. It was Lebron vs a well oiled machine. Spurs rotated players, kept energy up and shared the ball.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #17
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Wade and Bosh both just opted out of their contracts.

Most likely they will just resign with the Heat to take less money to actually have a squad.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #18
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Word on the streets is that Bosh is being funny about how much of a cut he is willing to take, I see this causing his exit.

And I write too!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #19
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Word on the streets is that Bosh is being funny about how much of a cut he is willing to take, I see this causing his exit.

Just means more space. Let the Miami fans start dreaming of Melo teaming up with Lebron.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Hope Bosh does leave!
That way Heat can have a good chance of signing Kevin Love!
IMO he would be a great pick up, and would play well with Lebron.

Last edited by Dboyizmlg; 06-28-2014 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: Spell
Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #21
Corbic
Post Whore!

Who killed Chris Bosh?

The Butler.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #22
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer to keep Bosh. Since he draws no attention he gets his quite 16-20 points a game while knocking down outside shots and no one is the wiser.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:09 AM   #23
ray_dizzle33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ray_dizzle33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I hope lebron gets his max deal contract, he deserves it but Miami has some work to do to surround him with good role players. As much as they probably hate the spurs right now they should really take a page out their book and find those hidden gems that our out there.. I think wade did a good call on opting out to hopefully take less money to resign Lebron, his knees are weak, he's getting old and he just doesn't have that spark he use to have but I think he and lebron make a good pair when healthy.

I hate the whole idea of a "super team" in the nba. As entertaining it is to watch them, I think it takes the whole excitement and competition out of the game. So I reiterate that lebron needs to be surrounded with key role players and not be paired up with another big name superstar. It might be good for the team but bad for the nba in general. Teams are dumping salaries to make enough cap space to sign big names and it's just annoying. I'm a laker fan and I like the new kid randles perspective on the game when he said he would rather play against lebron because he is the best, that's competition right there. Lebron proved he can win alone when he was in Cleveland and now that his game has matured I think he can win a few more if he's surrounded with the right guys,, so this will be an exciting summer!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #24
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Jason Kidd is now the coach for the Bucks lol.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #25
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Jason Kidd is now the coach for the Bucks lol.

....like the player from the 90's?!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #26
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Former head coach of the Brooklyn Nets this past season. Won the 2011 Championship with the Dallas Mavericks. White guy, bald. Plays PG. Played with the New Jersey Nets for a long time. That guy. Lol

Also rumors are going around that Lebron James will most likely stay in Miami. Interestingly enough, the Wizards are pursuing Chris Bosh. Which honestly makes sense. Thoughts?

Old 07-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #27
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Former head coach of the Brooklyn Nets this past season. Won the 2011 Championship with the Dallas Mavericks. White guy, bald. Plays PG. Played with the New Jersey Nets for a long time. That guy. Lol
Just wiki'd, yup the player!

http://www.nbateamslist.com/wp-conte...eaking_sun.jpg

He played with Hardaway back in the day. Good to see him continuing his career.

Quote:

Also rumors are going around that Lebron James will most likely stay in Miami. Interestingly enough, the Wizards are pursuing Chris Bosh. Which honestly makes sense. Thoughts?

Lebron staying was a no brainer. Bosh leaving is perfect for Miami. That gives them options. I think Bosh would fit well with the Wiz.

Win-Win?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #28
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Same. I think Bosh in Washington makes sense. If he does decide to go to the Wizards I think he has a chance to play more in the post. Which in my opinion is his strong suit.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #29
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Doubt Bosh is leaving because he is the only one that publicly and strongly expressed his desire to stay in Miami. I suppose Riley could get Gasol or Love if need be...
Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #30
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
White guy, bald. Plays PG.
lmao, Jason Kidd's dad is black

And I write too!
Closed Thread