Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #661
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Congrats to the Warriors! Iggy with a well deserved MVP! So happy!
well deserved? no. he only got it because he kept LeBron under 50pts, which says a lot about the definition of MVP's in the LBJ era lol

Andre Iguodala Is Worst NBA Finals MVP In Last 30 Years
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #662
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
well deserved? no. he only got it because he kept LeBron under 50pts, which says a lot about the definition of MVP's in the LBJ era lol

Had Lebron actually scored 50 pts in all the games, Cavs would have probably won games 1 and 6, and the championship. Notice the article mentions last year's finals MVP who also limited Lebron's scoring.

Defense.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #663
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

Oh, let me guess, you thought Steph Curry should have gotten it? I love Steph, but him and Klay regressed in the Finals. Iggy's fingerprint and will was imposed on the series more than those two.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #664
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cavs fans are really butt hurt.

The warriors did exactly what they were supposed to do. Let lebron do what he wants ( since you cant guard him and the refs call ghost calls ) and stop everyone else. Iggy is the MVP due to the fact that he changed the outcome of the finals. Steve Kerr truly out coached Cavs coach. Went big when starters were resting and went small on starters.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #665
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

Iguodala was the only consistent GSW player in the entire series. Thats why he deserved it.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #666
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
On top of that, Iggy provided a great spark multiple times to ignite a run for GSW to help them win some games.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #667
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Iguodala was the only consistent GSW player in the entire series. Thats why he deserved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
On top of that, Iggy provided a great spark multiple times to ignite a run for GSW to help them win some games.

real talk. That guy was def the spark and his 3 point shooting was big
Old 06-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #668
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Had Lebron actually scored 50 pts in all the games, Cavs would have probably won games 1 and 6, and the championship. Notice the article mentions last year's finals MVP who also limited Lebron's scoring.

Defense.
The last part of my sentence addresses that. To reiterate, defense against the most dangerous player on the court is now apparently more important that the offensive impact someone puts on the game, which wasn't really the case in the past. That's why Kawhi Leonard won it last year, he guarded LBJ really well and was still able to impact the offensive end better than Iggy. Also did you see the Game Score section? It's actually a pretty reliable metric and Iggy had the lowest score since the mid 80's. Again, my dispute with him winning the MVP is a more numbers based dispute.

I just have an issue with giving the MVP to anyone who can sort of guard Lebron, regardless of what they offensively contributed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Oh, let me guess, you thought Steph Curry should have gotten it? I love Steph, but him and Klay regressed in the Finals. Iggy's fingerprint and will was imposed on the series more than those two.
I think Curry's presence was more imposing if you look at it from the Warrior's offense. They structured it around always having an open shooter if he isn't open. That's why Iggy had a decent game 6, he had wide open looks because people were too focused on the actual offensive presence on the court, which is just great coaching I have nothing to really say to that. Klay really didn't do much in my opinion, he was just sort of there.

Also understand Curry got NO votes - which you have to admit is a bit strange. The definition of Most Valuable Player means without that certain person on the floor, there would have been absolutely no winnable scenarios at all. I think with some offensive restructuring (including but not limited to letting Curry fire it from anywhere he wants) they still could have done it without Iggy - and yes providing Irving and Love would still be injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
Cavs fans are really butt hurt.

The warriors did exactly what they were supposed to do. Let lebron do what he wants ( since you cant guard him and the refs call ghost calls ) and stop everyone else. Iggy is the MVP due to the fact that he changed the outcome of the finals. Steve Kerr truly out coached Cavs coach. Went big when starters were resting and went small on starters.
I'm not even a Cavs fan tbh. And you may have a point by saying they let LBJ do what he wanted but honestly....who else did they have to focus on? The Cavs bench is non-existent. JR Smith scored 4 points in game 5 and Shumpert is remarkably inconsistent. I think it's the other way around, let Iggy deal with James and help when he needs it and sort of monitor everyone else because there wasn't a scoring presence besides James at all. He scored half the Cavs points on multiple occasions...

I totally agree with the out coaching aspect, the Cavs were 100% outcoached - but this isn't a MVC award, it's a MVP award. And there are few coaches in history who could have actually done much with the current Cavs roster, especially without Love and Irving. I usually go by numbers when considering MVP candidates, and Iggy doesn't fit the bill with me. James brought it this far almost by himself, to say he didn't would be stupid and that's why in my eyes he made a more intense effort in my - albeit unpopular - opinion.
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
Old 06-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #669
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post

Consistently missing free throws...
Old 06-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #670
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
The last part of my sentence addresses that. To reiterate, defense against the most dangerous player on the court is now apparently more important that the offensive impact someone puts on the game, which wasn't really the case in the past. That's why Kawhi Leonard won it last year, he guarded LBJ really well and was still able to impact the offensive end better than Iggy. Also did you see the Game Score section? It's actually a pretty reliable metric and Iggy had the lowest score since the mid 80's. Again, my dispute with him winning the MVP is a more numbers based dispute.

I just have an issue with giving the MVP to anyone who can sort of guard Lebron, regardless of what they offensively contributed

I think Curry's presence was more imposing if you look at it from the Warrior's offense. They structured it around always having an open shooter if he isn't open. That's why Iggy had a decent game 6, he had wide open looks because people were too focused on the actual offensive presence on the court, which is just great coaching I have nothing to really say to that. Klay really didn't do much in my opinion, he was just sort of there.

Also understand Curry got NO votes - which you have to admit is a bit strange. The definition of Most Valuable Player means without that certain person on the floor, there would have been absolutely no winnable scenarios at all. I think with some offensive restructuring (including but not limited to letting Curry fire it from anywhere he wants) they still could have done it without Iggy - and yes providing Irving and Love would still be injured

I'm not even a Cavs fan tbh. And you may have a point by saying they let LBJ do what he wanted but honestly....who else did they have to focus on? The Cavs bench is non-existent. JR Smith scored 4 points in game 5 and Shumpert is remarkably inconsistent. I think it's the other way around, let Iggy deal with James and help when he needs it and sort of monitor everyone else because there wasn't a scoring presence besides James at all. He scored half the Cavs points on multiple occasions...

I totally agree with the out coaching aspect, the Cavs were 100% outcoached - but this isn't a MVC award, it's a MVP award. And there are few coaches in history who could have actually done much with the current Cavs roster, especially without Love and Irving. I usually go by numbers when considering MVP candidates, and Iggy doesn't fit the bill with me. James brought it this far almost by himself, to say he didn't would be stupid and that's why in my eyes he made a more intense effort in my - albeit unpopular - opinion.

I agree what you said bro. seriously.

I see what you are talking about and def agree. His numbers were def not the best but I guess he got it for being the spark that the team needed.

Overall it was a good series.

I still believe even with Irving and Love the cavs would of lost.
Love was non existant in the season n playoffs.

But I will say this. This was THE FIRST TIME ive ever seen lebron so aggressive. The man flat out killed and made his team better.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #671
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
New thread for new season

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=606080
Old 06-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #672
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
in that case...

xquizitditz
Closed Thread