Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #61
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Let's be honest here, both Melo and Love are second tier beta males.

Love is getting amazing numbers on a shitty team with no one else on it. I'm not saying Love is bad. Not anyone can just post those kind of monster numbers given the same situation and he is very good, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he is unathletic and sub par on defense. He is not a good two way player and not a 4th quarter/clutch player and that is the difference between him being an alpha male and a beta male.

The only reason I choose Love over Melo is because he is a vastly more efficient player who plays his heart out and isn't a ball hog with the entitled ego of a baby who has no idea what the concept of responsibility or being held accountable is.

Does Houston (or any other team) need another low percentage chucker who doesn't play defense when they already have James Harden? Simply, Love will fit better with just about any team, still rebound like a mad dog, and be efficient at getting his numbers while Melo will just be a high volume low percentage shooter on offense who will shrug his shoulders when his team loses and put blame on others because he got his 35 points on 30 shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #62
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post

Does Houston (or any other team)..... when his team loses and put blame on others because he got his 35 points on 30 shots.
But this is exactly what Chicago needs!

Boozer was not particularly effective on Defense. The entire line up sucks at scoring. If Chicago can take some of the scoring weight off Noah and Jimmy, let them focus on Defense and get another player in there that will pump them up 20-30 points. It's a solid win even if they have to give up 2-6pts a game.

Also with Thibs as coach, who knows, maybe he'll bang some defensive skills into whomever they get.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #63
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Melo says he wants max money, so that only truly leaves the Knicks and Lakers with their max offers of $129mil/5yrs (NY) and $95mil/4yrs (LAL). Chicago can offer only around $64-72mil. I have no heard yet how much Houston is offering.

I think Melo would fit well in LA, despite his lack of defense since defense can always be taught. In the two other teams he's been in, he's been the man, the alpha-dog. He hasn't had anyone on the team like a Kobe Bryant that would hold him accountable for everything he would, and would not, do.

LeBron James is most likely staying in Miami, and so will Wade. Bosh is the toss-up here, and I see him going to Houston.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #64
Corbic
Post Whore!

Does this shit piss anyone else off?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...armelo-anthony

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...armelo-anthony

Lets be honest. Rose is the Bulls Franchise player right now. He has an amazing contract and is the face of Chicago. On top of that, the Prima donna has been unable to help the team for the last 3 years because of injuries. For a team that has done so much for this kid, making him a super star and richer then he could ever dream, I can't help but be disgusted by his attitude.

Instead of doing whatever he can to make his team better, being a member of the organization and pulling his own weight, he has a stupid "union attitude" of "it's not my job".

If getting Melo (or anyone) gets the bulls to the finals and helps them win, then it absolutely is a Rose's job (and best interest).

It's not like Rose is a free agent or the Bulls are trying to recruit a new point guard.

Also

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ulls/12227717/

Quote:
According to two people with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are confident about their standing in the sweepstakes and consider the Bulls the only real threat among the many suitors. A decision is expected from Anthony by Monday, though the ever-present fluidity of free agency means there is no definitive timeline. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the negotiations.
If that is true, then his decision was made long ago (Nicks) and this has been a dog and pony show. All though it would be interesting if Melo went to Chicago and Pau Gasol goes to the Nicks.

Thoughts?

My money is he goes back to the Nicks and Chicago does something stupid.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #65
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
To be honest, I don't think it was ever a thing about Melo even leaving NY. He opted out to heat-check them and see if they would put the money on the table.
Remaining there will allow him to remain a chucker and get his 35 a night and back into an 8-seed for years to come.

And I write too!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #66
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
To be honest, I don't think it was ever a thing about Melo even leaving NY. He opted out to heat-check them and see if they would put the money on the table.
Remaining there will allow him to remain a chucker and get his 35 a night and back into an 8-seed for years to come.
Not to mention the ego stroke of having all these teams fawn all over him for a few weeks.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #67
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
I pray the Lakers don't get him. We need to seriously rethink our spending, and take a couple losing seasons.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 07-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #68
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
I pray the Lakers don't get him. We need to seriously rethink our spending, and take a couple losing seasons.

Kobe has this season left on his insane extension. I would be curious to see what happens next summer.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #69
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i'd take love over melo any day.

i dont see melo winning a ring when he wants max contract. maybe someone will be stupid enough to pay that.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #70
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Kobe has this season left on his insane extension. I would be curious to see what happens next summer.
No, his contract is until the 2015-2016 season.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #71
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTRNTV View Post
No, his contract is until the 2015-2016 season.

Damn. Lucky man.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #72
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Damn. Lucky man.
The 2-year extension he received was during last season, so this upcoming season and the next are part of it.

I don't blame Kobe at all for accepting the offer. I blame the Lakers for offering it.

Lakers: Hey Kobe, want $48mil for 2 more years?
Kobe: Sure.

If Kobe and the management were going back and forth between numbers and Kobe wanted that much, then yes, the blame is on him.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #73
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
2014/2015 NBA Season Thread

At this point I honestly wouldn't care if Melo does not sign with the Bulls. He just wants money not rings, he's slow and never wants to get better as a player.

He is going to be just another Star without a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #74
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
At this point I honestly wouldn't care if Melo does not sign with the Bulls. He just wants money not rings, he's slow and never wants to get better as a player.

He is going to be just another Star without a ring.

It is the same kind of "gold watch retirement" contract that most megastars get as they wind their careers down. Jordan got 60 million for his last two with the bulls, Tim Duncan got like 43 before he was SUPPOSED to shut it down. KG got like 21 and 22 at the same point in HIS career. It is pretty much standard procedure in the NBA for players on that level.

And I write too!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #75
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It is the same kind of "gold watch retirement" contract that most megastars get as they wind their careers down. Jordan got 60 million for his last two with the bulls, Tim Duncan got like 43 before he was SUPPOSED to shut it down. KG got like 21 and 22 at the same point in HIS career. It is pretty much standard procedure in the NBA for players on that level.
Yeah but Melo is only 30 years old. He still has a solid 5 years left.

Jordan won his first ring at 28 and would win 5 more after that over 6 years. The contract that comes after this 4-5 year one is Melo's golden parachute.

I think it's funny, and maybe I'm talking to soon, but it sounds like Melo's true colors are coming out. Earlier this year he even said that winning was more important then money, but now he has done a complete reversal.

You would have thought that after all his endorsements and side deals he'd have enough cash that the idea of winning a championship would be worth the 20-30 million cut. Additionally, I wonder how much of that he could make up with new endorsement deals had he won?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #76
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Does this shit piss anyone else off?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...armelo-anthony

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...armelo-anthony

Lets be honest. Rose is the Bulls Franchise player right now. He has an amazing contract and is the face of Chicago. On top of that, the Prima donna has been unable to help the team for the last 3 years because of injuries. For a team that has done so much for this kid, making him a super star and richer then he could ever dream, I can't help but be disgusted by his attitude.

Instead of doing whatever he can to make his team better, being a member of the organization and pulling his own weight, he has a stupid "union attitude" of "it's not my job".

If getting Melo (or anyone) gets the bulls to the finals and helps them win, then it absolutely is a Rose's job (and best interest).

It's not like Rose is a free agent or the Bulls are trying to recruit a new point guard.

Also

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ulls/12227717/

If that is true, then his decision was made long ago (Nicks) and this has been a dog and pony show. All though it would be interesting if Melo went to Chicago and Pau Gasol goes to the Nicks.

Thoughts?

My money is he goes back to the Nicks and Chicago does something stupid.
Corbic, I'm surprised you are upset about this. First of, Melo is overrated and now more than ever thanks to 24/7 free agency coverage. Also, this whole notion that players should be recruiting anyone is fucking bullshit. Frankly it comes across as "fake" if they are not friends off the court. This is where other teams trying to imitate Miami don't understand. Wade didn't recruit! LeBron, Wade and Bosh were already friends off the court and wanted to play together. Point blank period.

I see no wrong doing by Rose. If I recall correctly he felt slighted in the last Free Agency bonanza of 2010 when he did this whole "recruiting" thing. He learned his lesson, players already have their minds made up about what they want to do. The whole idea they can be convinced is laughable. It would also make more sense if Rose paired up with someone he is good friends with (like Westbrook, but that would only happen if Rose moved to SG) than Melo at some point in the future. These are the players you will see getting together if they have the choice, one's who have close relationships. Not ones who fabricated a friendship in a one off team meeting.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #77
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Corbic, I'm surprised you are upset about this.
I think this is something we may differ on. I don't really care if players are "friends" or not. It's a business and about winning. At some point you have to sit down and be adults, if you have personal issues off the court, suck it up and put it aside to win. These guys are being paid MILLIONS. They make more in 1 year then 80% of the fan base will make in a life time.

This is why I get irked when I see Rose making comments about "its not his job". He plays for Chicago. His job is to support, cheerlead and do whatever he can for that team who signs his paycheck. Don't like it, quit.

It double urks me because he has been worthless the last 3 years. I would be absolutely humiliated having to ride the bench for 3 years while making $17 million a year while Nate Robinson plays his heart out, puking into buckets for a lousy $1m or DJ Augustine gives the best performance of his life and saves the Bulls from absolute disaster for barely half-a-mil.

This is entirely independent of Melo and Chicago's bid for him. As I said earlier, if he announces tomorrow he's going back to the Nicks, he never intended to leave them in the first place. For anyone actually undecided this should be a gut wrenching decision process. If he really is undecided, it should be right up to the last day.

So yes, nothing Rose could say could change his mind. But if I was Melo, and had a superstar making statements like that and didn't want to meet me and say how much he loves the Bulls... what does that say about his team-manship and camaraderie?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #78
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
This is who he is and again i don't see any wrong doing. Let me remind you:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...errick-rose-qa
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sport...-97980619.html
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-chicago-bulls

History repeats itself. Its funny, I remember people being in an uproar about players recruiting each other. Now its expected.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #79
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Other than Chicago, there's are not many teams that need a gunner (there are plenty of guys in the league who like to shoot at a low percentage). Chicago is where Melo MIGHT have an opening for him since they need a 2nd shot happy guy to score, but there are better options for them and he will probably not make them better. Melo will most likely just stay in New York, where they have a spot open for a scorer, he can get paid the most, score 30 points a game on 4 for 24 shooting, and still be a "star".

Remember how Jackson was hoping that Melo would come back for a discount so they can get more players around him and felt indifferent if Melo were to leave or stay. Now we're hearing that NY officials flew out to LA (including Jackson himself, who probably was pressured) to intercept Melo before his meeting with the Lakers and offer him that max $130M contract. This was just Melo playing hardball and strong arming the Knicks to give him another $130M contract and it looks like he might have won.

Sorry Knicks fans, it looks like Melo is likely to sign that $130M contract and cripple you guys for another 5 years. Melo doesn't care about winning, he only cares about money and scoring titles. The only other scenario that possibly has a chance of saving you guys from the Curse of the Carmelo is if Phoenix can somehow convince Lebron to leave Miami to team up with Melo, while resigning Eric Bledsoe and playing with a group of studs like Goran Dragic, Miles Plumlee, and the Morris twins.

Oh btw, this is likely Carmelo's last chance to secure a big contract so it is "golden parachute". After 35, I don't see Melo lifting his game enough to secure another $15-20M/year retirement contract (see Dwayne Wade), let alone humble or good enough to be taking that gracious $10M/year "hometown discount" that Timmy and Dirk are getting. Who knows, he might get lucky and get a fat payday from some stupid or panicking owner who will overpay due to brand name, maybe he'll go to Brooklyn next.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #80
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Houston is apparently conceding that they aren't getting Melo by offering to GROSSLY overpay Bosh.
I would be shocked if Bosh shoots this one down considering he is from Texas, would similarly not have a state income tax and as long as Dwight Howard is in the fold he would never again have to THINK about going near the lane again in his life.

And I write too!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #81
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Houston is apparently conceding that they aren't getting Melo by offering to GROSSLY overpay Bosh.
I would be shocked if Bosh shoots this one down considering he is from Texas, would similarly not have a state income tax and as long as Dwight Howard is in the fold he would never again have to THINK about going near the lane again in his life.

My understanding is professional athletes still have to pay taxes in states they play in. This is how they get screwed in to paying 50% taxes.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #82
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Heat sign Granger and McRoberts.

Also Houston offered a 4 year max deal to Bosh.

This is exciting.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #83
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Isn’t Bosh from Dallas and doesn’t Houston already have a better SF/PF who shoots 3s that they should be resigning for NOT the max contract? Are they just going to throw away the pretty nice development of Terrance Jones?

Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #84
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I would be shocked if Bosh shoots this one down considering he is from Texas,

I agree... he would be stupid to not take that offer.

After I saw how much he was being offered I think its safe to say its a done deal that hes leaving Miami.

McRoberts got a pretty nice contract.

Farmar going to the Clippers, as a Laker fan I dont blame the guy. According to a recent interview Farmar said his decision was based on the fact that he was kept in the dark regarding the future of the Lakers. Dude has to do whats best for his career and family.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #85
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
My understanding is professional athletes still have to pay taxes in states they play in. This is how they get screwed in to paying 50% taxes.
Even still, 41 home games, plus at least 7 more in Texas, plus at least 4 MORE in Florida. It is beneficial to be in FL and TX in the grand scheme of things.

And I write too!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #86
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
This LeBron/Cavs reunion talk is really heating up. I still don't believe he'd be dumb enough to go back
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #87
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
This LeBron/Cavs reunion talk is really heating up. I still don't believe he'd be dumb enough to go back

No but it puts pressure on everyone else. Look how Melo is still waiting. Speculation is he is waiting for Bosh to sign with the Rockets so he can do what he said he wanted too earlier this year....

Play for less money with a better team.

The problem is that team is not Chicago, it is Miami, with King James.

So I'm now confident Melo won't resign without Lebron signing something first.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #88
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
No but it puts pressure on everyone else. Look how Melo is still waiting. Speculation is he is waiting for Bosh to sign with the Rockets so he can do what he said he wanted too earlier this year....

Play for less money with a better team.

The problem is that team is not Chicago, it is Miami, with King James.

So I'm now confident Melo won't resign without Lebron signing something first.
Did you just say Melo is going to sign with the Heat....
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #89
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Did you just say Melo is going to sign with the Heat....

Marc Berman of the NY Post seems to think so.
What else is Melo waiting for? Nicks, Lakers and Bulls have offered him everything they possibly can.

Personally I don't want Melo on the Bulls. Play Boozer another year and see how Rose does this fall. Sign a deal with Augustine. Go from there next summer.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #90
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
All Bias aside, I think something is up.

Kobes been hanging out with Melo quite a bit in recent days:

-Rushed home from his fancy pants european vacation to talk to him

Since the initial meeting:

-Played a pickup game with Melo AND K.Love at UCLA this past Sunday
-Had dinner with both Melo and Pau the other night.

We all know based from history that Kobes a dick and doesnt connect personally with players outside the court.

the fact that hes doing this tells me something is definitely up.
Closed Thread