Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #31
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Umm.. Why so mad? I was just my opinion. Old miata looks better imo. FT-1 looks nice and nissan doesn't.

Ot: I hope FT-1 does have inline 6 twin turbo like 1JZ and 2JZ.
Ah you just proved you are 15 and a noob If you think I was mad you have no idea of the concept.
Your opinion sucks in my opinion. Get over it. It's a car forum we are not as serious as some think.

P.S. Try and keep things on thread topic too this is not. Toyota FT1 love fest I hate Nissan thread. lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #32
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry.. My english isn't that good and I may understood wrong.

And yeah I am 15.
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #33
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i hope some rad aero is made for it, not just typical basic lips and rocket bunny crap. like re amemiya stuff would be cool.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #34
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
That Miata coupe isn't terrible. Much better than the shooting brake render, but I don't care for either really. The Roadster with the conventional removable hardtop is fine for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
Take this shit to a miata forum
Take your FRS/BRZ to an Idon'tcare forum
Old 09-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #35
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
That Miata coupe isn't terrible. Much better than the shooting brake render, but I don't care for either really. The Roadster with the conventional removable hardtop is fine for me.

Take your FRS/BRZ to an Idon'tcare forum
Ya I feel you never Ben a big convertible fan but fact is the coupe roof just looks slapped on. I was hoping it would like the Z4 coupe roof.
lol on the FRS/BRzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (can you tell it's put me to sleep in comparison?) comment.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #36
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Oh man, yeah, if they do it like the z4 coupe's roof, that would be hot. Plus I think that would flow better with the rear fender's contours.

But I know I am not gonna be using car for pro motorsport. That's why I don't place importance on a hardtop. Turbo is more important to me. But daily driving around town, I wanna be able to drop the top. Chicks love droptops....lol
Old 09-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #37
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like the Edmunds render better

Looks more like the NC coupe.

I just hope it has the leg room of the NC.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #38
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I like the Edmunds render better

Looks more like the NC coupe.

I just hope it has the leg room of the NC.
The Edmunds render does have a nice roofline but they got the rest of the body off even though it has a nice old school Ferrari look. Given all the real deal shots of the body you think they could have done a better render though. It looks better than the SpeedHunters one. lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #39
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
My first impression is that the styling is totally different than past miatas whereas the NA, NB, and NC were almost similar to each other. I still like the NB styling, but with that said, I like the new styling too and change seems to be good. (Same as the Corvette with the circle tail lights they’ve had since its debut. I thought the C6 body was nice, but this new Corvette looks even better, at least to me).

Let’s see what the new motors make. It’s rumored to be 2 variants of Skyactiv with a 1.5l and 2.0l; not sure if SkyActiv is a good thing or bad for performance. You would think incredible MPG is more of a trait of an econo engine, but Skyactiv achieves high mpg by utilizing high compression and getting optimal efficiency out of the engine at the same time (along with working with other components of the Skyactiv system such as an efficient transmission and lighter chassis).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #40
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Oh man, yeah, if they do it like the z4 coupe's roof, that would be hot. Plus I think that would flow better with the rear fender's contours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
My first impression is that the styling is totally different than past miatas whereas the NA, NB, and NC were almost similar to each other. I still like the NB styling, but with that said, I like the new styling too and change seems to be good. (Same as the Corvette with the circle tail lights they’ve had since its debut. I thought the C6 body was nice, but this new Corvette looks even better, at least to me).

Let’s see what the new motors make. It’s rumored to be 2 variants of Skyactiv with a 1.5l and 2.0l; not sure if SkyActiv is a good thing or bad for performance. You would think incredible MPG is more of a trait of an econo engine, but Skyactiv achieves high mpg by utilizing high compression and getting optimal efficiency out of the engine at the same time (along with working with other components of the Skyactiv system such as an efficient transmission and lighter chassis).
I think other people have said this, but I agree that the NC feels like a NA II while the ND feels like an NB II. I think it looks like an updated NB. I've got an NB so that's cool with me.

I hope there is no 1.5l. 2.0l minimum pleeeease. The high compression worries me a bit too because that leaves less room for making power with aftermarket parts.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:44 AM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
This is fucking sick looking. I would so buy it. lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:09 AM   #42
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ohhh that ND gearhead posted its just badass I am a NA owner and wouldn't mind one more
Old 09-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #43
simmode1
Post Whore!

Very nice post, gearhead... but that top just looks like the bolt-on coupe/fastback top that Auto Konnexion sells. Which is why I'd be a-ok with buying the vert, because you could always do this later...
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #44
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
^^ Those bolt-on tops are fucking gorgeous. I had one for about a year. Non-stop attention where ever I went, which is a good and bad thing haha. The top that simmode1 posted has a better rear quarter window design IMO.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #45
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Very nice post, gearhead... but that top just looks like the bolt-on coupe/fastback top that Auto Konnexion sells. Which is why I'd be a-ok with buying the vert, because you could always do this later...
Yea exactly. Just to be clear, i didn't make that photoshop, i think i got it from clubroadster.net. But yea, pretty sure it's based off the AK fastback.

I would be fine with a removable hardtop (preferably fastback) option without mazda actually selling a coupe. I'm sure the chassis will be stiff enough from the factory. cars are way stiffer nowadays then they used to be. my nb creaks like a motherfucker when i three wheel it going into steep driveways.

your car looks good dutchmalmiss
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #46
Lugged

Trader Rating: (1)
Lugged is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Motoring.com sources indicate that a 1.5-liter Skyactiv four-cylinder will nestle low in the ND's engine bay, with a rating of just 96 kW – that's 129 horsepower, a 13-percent drop in power over the Aussie-spec 2.0-liter four in the current Miata. Torque figures were apparently not disclosed by their source, but the publication expects the torque figure to come in above the 144 Nm (106 pound-feet) of the top-spec 1.5-liter four in the forthcoming Mazda2.

Countering that apparent shortfall is the car's hotly anticipated drop in weight. The ADM MX-5 is said to weigh 1,020 kilograms – that's just under 2,250 pounds – meaning Mazda would make good on its claimed 100-kg (220-pound) diet for the car. To put that number in perspective, ponder that a US-spec 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C has a curb weight of 2,465 pounds. True, it's about 3 inches longer, but it's also a car with a carbon-fiber tub, aluminum subframes, fiberglass skin and a deep-discount interior. Credit the Miata's shrinking footprint, an increased use of aluminum and a by-the-gram approach to engineering. Some back-of-the-envelope calculations reveals that's close to a 20-percent weight drop, which should go a long way toward compensating for the loss in power.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/12/a.../#aol-comments
Lugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #47
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ohhh that ND gearhead posted its just badass (those kw, and torque #s thou quite low) I am a NA owner and wouldn't mind a new generation
Old 09-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #48
simmode1
Post Whore!

LOL! 129hp!? Isn't that even less output than the original 1.8L NA? FML. Hope it responds well to boost. A LOT of boost.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #49
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
some one better build that top for the miata
just so i could have the pleasure of looking at it lol
sooooooooooo smooooothhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #50
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well that looks goooood!!
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #51
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugged View Post
Don't worry that won't be the motor we get in the US. Mazda isn't going to give us an ND with a WORSE power to weight than the NC. Even if the 1.5 is available it would be as a base model. We will for sure get the 2.0 with 175ish hp. You know the NC is sold in other markets with 126hp too.

http://jalopnik.com/insane-rumor-say...lly-1633924430
Old 09-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #52
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
129hp would be hilarious. They may as well offer an 'enthusiast' model without an engine so people can swap in whatever motor they will swap in anyway.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #53
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

I hope something like that does come to fruition.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #54
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I hope something like that does come to fruition.
That makes the body look like an FRS/BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #55
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Why are ppl just blindly comparing everything to the BRZ/FRS? I don't see it. At all.

I think that last render was obviously inspired by Spoon's fastback top for the S2000, which was clearly modeled after this:
Old 09-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #56
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I think that last render was obviously inspired by Spoon's fastback top for the S2000, which was clearly modeled after this:
Mmm, made me forget about all the Miata, BRZ...
Old 09-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #57
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Lol! Right?!? Chris Bangle hit a homerun with that design, IMO... One thing I do like about the BRZ/FRS is how they managed to give it a fastback profile while remaining a coupe. Really making me wish they still made these for s13 hatches:
Old 09-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #58
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
129hp would be hilarious. They may as well offer an 'enthusiast' model without an engine so people can swap in whatever motor they will swap in anyway.
hahah actually i would love a cheaper model with no motor. Throw in the K24 with a miata 6 spd with and be good to go.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #59
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
hahah actually i would love a cheaper model with no motor. Throw in the K24 with a miata 6 spd with and be good to go.

They already make them.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #60
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
They already make them.
stfu and go be an asshole in another thread.