Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #61
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3C6GXY5dHk
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #62
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
uuuuhhhhh 130hp base 1.5L wtf.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...40915_31670286

No longer interested until the 2.0 is out.

In a perfect world this would have the 2.0L 175 hp engine, the GT86 would have a tiny turbo, and the IDX would be a real thing but nooooo, automakers keep shooting themselves in the foot then wonder why sales are low.

130hp is not enough.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #63
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^I'm guessing they are following the same approach as the original NA Miata & will probably be offering 2 engine choices: a 130hp 1.5L & hopefully a more powerful one as the premium offering. I feel like 175hp is much too low for a modern, sports tuned 2.0L. But if the premium motor turned out to be a 1.5t pushing 175hp+, I would not be mad at all.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #64
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Why are ppl just blindly comparing everything to the BRZ/FRS? I don't see it. At all.

I think that last render was obviously inspired by Spoon's fastback top for the S2000, which was clearly modeled after this:
I'm not blindly comparing it.

I say that because I am comparing both cars as a whole (the FRS/BRZ vs the Miata rendering with the fastback style hatch). They both have similar small car bodies, the nose being sharp and pointy, the way the rear quarter panels are styled, and the flare around the front and rear wheel wells ALONG with that hatchback hardtop.

They look similar to me, at least from the side. Even if someone made a rendering of the ND Miata with a traditional bubbly type roadster hardtop (NA/NB miata, s2000, mr2 spyder, z4, etc) the body shapes are more similar to the FRS/BRZ than any other sportscar out there that I can think of off the top of my head (doesn't look more like a Hyandai Genesis, Nissan 370z, porsche, bmw, etc. than it does a FRS/BRZ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

130hp is not enough.
They did say it was a small 1.5L displacement, so I wasn't expecting 150hp or anything higher.

I don't think the 2.0 will be that much more HP either. Realistically, I would guess somewhere around 160-180hp, but no more than a 200hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #65
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I'm not blindly comparing it.

I say that because I am comparing both cars as a whole (the FRS/BRZ vs the Miata rendering with the fastback style hatch). They both have similar small car bodies, the nose being sharp and pointy, the way the rear quarter panels are styled, and the flare around the front and rear wheel wells ALONG with that hatchback hardtop.

They look similar to me, at least from the side. Even if someone made a rendering of the ND Miata with a traditional bubbly type roadster hardtop (NA/NB miata, s2000, mr2 spyder, z4, etc) the body shapes are more similar to the FRS/BRZ than any other sportscar out there that I can think of off the top of my head (doesn't look more like a Hyandai Genesis, Nissan 370z, porsche, bmw, etc. p.
3 words one letter for you. Jaguar F Type Roadster.

It looks so much closer to that than a FRS/BRZ that the FRS/BRzzzzzzzzzzz does not even come to mind when looking at the new Miata.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #66
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

In a perfect world this would have the 2.0L 175 hp engine, the GT86 would have a tiny turbo, and the IDX would be a real thing but nooooo, automakers keep shooting themselves in the foot then wonder why sales are low.

130hp is not enough.
remember this may not be for the US market. I wouldn't be surprised if we only get the 2.0l over here considering 'mericuh's relationship to displacement.

http://jalopnik.com/insane-rumor-say...lly-1633924430

maybe i'm just being overly optimistic but i really really hope not.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #67
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
130hp base and 170hp premium sounds like a 1989 Silvia.

I wonder if it would get like 60mpg and weigh nothing, otherwise I do not understand where the advancements in technology went.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #68
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
As long as a higher output model is available I guess its all good. I understand trying to capture a larger audience with the small displacement econ-o version but starting a release with that just seems counter-intuitive to me, especially considering the linage of this car.

"Hey, here's this sweet model with an awesome chassis! Sorry though, retirees and teenage girls first! Enthusiasts will need to wait for 2016!" - tha fuck.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #69
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
As long as a higher output model is available I guess its all good. I understand trying to capture a larger audience with the small displacement econ-o version but starting a release with that just seems counter-intuitive to me, especially considering the linage of this car.

"Hey, here's this sweet model with an awesome chassis! Sorry though, retirees and teenage girls first! Enthusiasts will need to wait for 2016!" - tha fuck.
You realize that is the precise lineage of this car, right? '89 Miata had a 1.6L with 116hp. Enthusiasts didn't get the more powerful 1.8L till '94...
Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #70
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
You realize that is the precise lineage of this car, right? '89 Miata had a 1.6L with 116hp. Enthusiasts didn't get the more powerful 1.8L till '94...
This was my argument in another forum. I'm very happy about the back to basics development, by why are we even discussing 1980's-early 90's power? It should be more than feasible to extract more power and stay very economical.

No one's screaming for over 200hp, but 139hp is just a joke, totally gutless.

I almost feel like the 139hp is also a marketing ploy. Build up all the hype, get the consumers wanting more and waiting, then boom, here's the 1.8L or 2.0L version.

BTW, is Alfa even still making their own version? Seems like all news on it has gone dead.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #71
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
This was my argument in another forum. I'm very happy about the back to basics development, by why are we even discussing 1980's-early 90's power? It should be more than feasible to extract more power and stay very economical.

No one's screaming for over 200hp, but 139hp is just a joke, totally gutless.

I almost feel like the 139hp is also a marketing ploy. Build up all the hype, get the consumers wanting more and waiting, then boom, here's the 1.8L or 2.0L version.

BTW, is Alfa even still making their own version? Seems like all news on it has gone dead.
This thought had crossed my mind too. Mazda is doing a great job hyping this thing and slow rolling the information leaks, they could be doing this very thing.

AFAIK Alfa is still producing a model on this chassis, probably a year or two after the miata release
Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #72
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

http://jalopnik.com/when-the-2016-ma...ort-1641351088

Hate to say I told ya so...
Old 10-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #73
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
http://blog.caranddriver.com/all-ate...ter-elsewhere/

2.0 confirmed for US. ~155hp/ ~150lb-ft torque
Old 10-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #74
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
http://blog.caranddriver.com/all-ate...ter-elsewhere/

2.0 confirmed for US. ~155hp/ ~150lb-ft torque
dude i just posted a link with that information. Also, the motor is confirmed, but the power numbers are not. That's what that motor makes in the Mazda 3, but I expect that it will be tuned differently in this application.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #75
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
^ My bad haha. Let's just say I'm supplementing your previous post with a 2nd report.

As it stands, I agree they'll massage out a little more power out of the motor. Apparently the torque curve alone is enough to be content with.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #76
gusisboosted
Zilvia Addict

gusisboosted is an unknown quantity at this point
I am all for this to be honest.
They claim a lighter weight than the last chassis, it might have a tiny bit less horsepower but an extra 15 foot-pound, this will push it forward.

My 1969 Ghia With a 1914 cc makes no more than 100 hp but has plenty of torque right around the 110 point (peak torque comes on at 100 rpm i think hahaha)..... Will take most cars off the line... once we hit 40.... im usually done.... Point is, a bit of torque goes a LONG way in a small rear wheel drive car.

I have been considering a "modern" car for once in my life...
but in all honesty.... unless I have a ton of cash laying around to buy something amazing, all these lower end "sports" cars just dont do it for me.

Specially when you can build an s52 e30 for less.
OR even go nuts an build a beams swapped 86 for less.
I can go on and on with examples but you get my point.

Newer cars, do not offer anything we can't already get in a much more pure and concentrated form.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #77
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j21PfTkqbNE
Old 10-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #78
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Guy in the video said a couple interesting things.
2.0 will have "about 165hp"
"limited slip is standard"

For him to say it'll be the car of 2015 is a bold statement. But I won't argue too much; I love this thing.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #79
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
"limited slip is standard"
oh fuck yea.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:38 AM   #80
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
i don't get the touch screen thing... you shouldn't needing one of those for a car that you can enjoy driving... perhaps thats the "optional" thing to have.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #81
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought my NC was great, I am ready to get the keys to one of these and see how big of an improvement they have made with the ND!
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #82
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
i don't get the touch screen thing... you shouldn't needing one of those for a car that you can enjoy driving... perhaps thats the "optional" thing to have.
Ditto. One look at the screen & I immediately doubted the 2200lbs claim.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #83
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I like touchscreen, my former S2000 had the factory Navi, it's a nice little option that doesn't take up much room or weight.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #84
MrBrightSide
Zilvia Junkie

MrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enough
With that skyactive 2.0 engine and all of that nav tech pack, I'm gonna say it's gonna be around 2500 lbs
MrBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:34 AM   #85
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightSide View Post
With that skyactive 2.0 engine and all of that nav tech pack, I'm gonna say it's gonna be around 2500 lbs
yea because Mazda doesn't know how much their motors weigh and a nav screen weighs 200 lbs, right...
Old 11-07-2014, 07:16 AM   #86
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Global MX-5 Cup

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #87
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

man i keep getting distracted by other options for my next car, but Mazda is doing a great job of slowly releasing information and keeping me interested. that looks great
Old 06-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #88
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-mazda-m...car-1707333736

I think mazda really hit it out of the park with this. I already picked up something else, but if I hadn't I would definitely buy one. I'll probably pick up a used one in a couple years.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #89
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Sweet review... I had forgotten all about this thread. Can't wait to see some of these on the street. Also looking forward to the inevitable MX5 vs FRS battles!
Old 06-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #90
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Mmmmm, with the prices of S2000's getting more and more reasonable, I'd like to see a comparo between that and the ND.