Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #91
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Just like the review mentions, I don't see the need for a nav/infotainment screen system for this car. Hoping the LSD is an option for the base model because that'd probably the all I'd get.

Speaking of, they need to put the damn configurator on the Mazda site already!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #92
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Mmmmm, with the prices of S2000's getting more and more reasonable, I'd like to see a comparo between that and the ND.
^^^Lol... Why? I love the new Miata, but the S2K would stomp a mudhole into it, just like it did the FRS. Now maybe if they brought back the turbo Mazdaspeed Miata, then that would be a good comparison. Until then, I'd like to see the ND compared against the NA/NB and hell, maybe even the MR2 Spyder for shits and giggles.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #93
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
There's an NA vs ND faceoff clip, but that's about it for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15tIFGXDpgM
Old 06-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #94
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Mmmmm, with the prices of S2000's getting more and more reasonable, I'd like to see a comparo between that and the ND.
I love the ND, but would never buy one new, or any car new for that matter. Just so many good used cars in this day and age, for a 1/4 of the price.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #95
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Troof. The only reason I pay attention to these newer cars is to know which ones to target when they become used and cheap!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #96
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
I love the ND, but would never buy one new, or any car new for that matter. Just so many good used cars in this day and age, for a 1/4 of the price.
I am completely with this mindset.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #97
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Seriously. My family hasn't bought any cars brand new for depreciation reasons alone. As much as the FRS/BRZ twins get a bad rap for build quality, I'd still get one if the price is right for a non-molested model. Same goes for the ND.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #98
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with all the above recent posts. Too much money, could be cool in a few years at a reduced price, I'm in the market but I'll probably buy an S2k instead.

Also, put me in the camp of people who hates how the ND looks. I love what they've done cutting weight and bringing it back to its roots. The ugly looks and lackluster motor with no boost to crank up? Not so much.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #99
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
While that may be true, some people just like the idea of being the first/only person to fart in the driver's seat of a new car.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #100
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Guess I'll repost this here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_5z15gA8K4
Old 06-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #101
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Also looking forward to the inevitable MX5 vs FRS battles!
Here is the first article I have seen!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #102
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I mean I guess I agree with you guys when the rubber meets the road so to speak, I have never bought a new car and I don't see myself do so any time soon. BUT this car makes me strongly consider it. Too bad I just bought something else.

I do think it looks rad and I can't wait to see what people start doing with these in the aftermarket.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #103
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
A few from Japan-

The Work Wheels car-

HKS car

RS Factory Stage ND

oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #104
mastadon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Weak fitment on all of them
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #105
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadon View Post
You have weak taste then.

The Work Wheels one looks great. Just a simple drop and wheels.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #106
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolsilvia View Post
Here is the first article I have seen!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
Sweet. The Miata kicked the BRZ's ass in almost every contest dispite a 45hp handicap. Maybe an S2k comparison isn't too outlandish afterall... But $30k for this car is a little hard to swallow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadon View Post
I'd say more like realistic track fitment on all of them. It's not all about 'stance'.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #107
zoo
Zilvia Member

zoo is an unknown quantity at this point
So its back to four lug? Anyone know the bolt pattern?
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #108
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
So its back to four lug? Anyone know the bolt pattern?
it's likely to be 4x100
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #109
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
that white one on Work wheels looks great! I think a little trunk lid lip spoiler would set it off.
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:55 AM   #110
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Sweet. The Miata kicked the BRZ's ass in almost every contest dispite a 45hp handicap. Maybe an S2k comparison isn't too outlandish afterall... But $30k for this car is a little hard to swallow.
That's along the line of what I was thinking. The S2K is still a close 500lbs heavier, so I was curious how they'd stack up stock for stock, or 2 lightly tuned versions, mainly just for curiosity's sake.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #111
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'd say more like realistic track fitment on all of them. It's not all about 'stance'.
This. God forbid the fucking wheel/tire setups are actually functional instead of some stupid stance faggotry.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #112
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
cant wait to see what the aftermarket does to these. I want to see them on the road! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #113
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
They all appear to be just stock cars with 'tuner boy' wheels. Doubt there are any coilovers or 'realistic track' parts available for them yet.
Companies are just racing to be the first to have one with their decal on it.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #114
dukiespice
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
dukiespice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
At the dealership I work at, (Not Mazda) there is a tech doing some actual work to one, adding coilovers and some suspension parts (arms and bushings possibly) to it. Looks as though it might be getting prepped for track use. I am very interested in the build and I'll try to get some more information and possibly some pics about it and try to report it on this thread
dukiespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #115
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
They all appear to be just stock cars with 'tuner boy' wheels. Doubt there are any coilovers or 'realistic track' parts available for them yet.
Companies are just racing to be the first to have one with their decal on it.
I get what you're saying. But their ride height definitely doesn't look stock to me. Probably on lowering springs & in the process of track testing, is my guess. It's certain that they don't have "stance" in mind.