Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #61
brizanden
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
brizanden is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brizanden
God has no mercy and I didn't realize it was that bad. fuck an iPod auto edit. My fault fixed,
but you got the just of the post back it off like 4 notches to an acceptable six.
brizanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #62
Nick@Fortune-Auto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick@Fortune-Auto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
I fell like that's mainly due to the demographic of S2k drivers. They typically skew older, a generation that doesn't rely on Facebook the way most of the generation of 240 drivers use it. I think that's pretty apparent by the ages of people I'm noticing are beginning to post more regularly here. Without doing any research into it anyway, it seems to me that there are more people breaching 30 that are posting nowadays compared to the majority of teenagers that actually own these cars anymore.

I really do think that it comes down to the people who are driving 240's and Z-cars these days are mostly kids that don't have the need/desire/patience/attention span to utilize a message board.
I agree, its all demographics. The average S-chassis owner is on the younger end of the spectrum. Younger= more use of IG and Facebook and less time on forums.

We have 3 guys in our marketing department and we noticed this trend for the past 3 years now. Nicer more expensive cars like lets say the FRS are a completely different demographic then the S-chassis and are more likely to spend more time on forums then social media for car related activities.

I will say that the s-chassis market is not dying. We have sold more s-chassis coilovers this year then ever before.

WEBSITE / BLOG / PRODUCTS
BESPOKE SUSPENSION SOLUTIONS
Nick@Fortune-Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #63
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
I sold my Sil80 and moved on to a BRZ. When I can legally import an S15 I'll be more active on this site.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #64
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune-Auto View Post
I agree, its all demographics. The average S-chassis owner is on the younger end of the spectrum. Younger= more use of IG and Facebook and less time on forums.

We have 3 guys in our marketing department and we noticed this trend for the past 3 years now. Nicer more expensive cars like lets say the FRS are a completely different demographic then the S-chassis and are more likely to spend more time on forums then social media for car related activities.

I will say that the s-chassis market is not dying. We have sold more s-chassis coilovers this year then ever before.
I can second this. I have noticed a demographic change but not a decrease in sales of engine mounts in fact I also have sold more Mounts this year as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #65
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Probably because we're all a bunch of dicks to new users.
This and the fact that this place turned into a wannabe ziptied.

You wanna look at cool pics of cars and builds? Zilvia.

You want actual technical info? NRR.

What? its the truth.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #66
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Gonna try turning over a new leaf in 2015. My new years resolution is to flame no noob & answer every stupid question I can.

Lets see how long this lasts.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #67
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92ka View Post
Too many elitists saying that if you don't spend money on works or parts from "japan" your car is a steaming pile of shit. And the young kids are too sensitive to deal with other people's criticism, so they go somewhere they get hugged and told they're special.

e-thuggin elitist im fine with that.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #68
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The 240sx drift bandwagon's wheels are starting to fall off.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #69
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
because of drifter fags??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #70
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Gonna try turning over a new leaf in 2015. My new years resolution is to flame no noob & answer every stupid question I can.

Lets see how long this lasts.
2 weeks... Then your inner zilvia will be exposed lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
The 240sx drift bandwagon's wheels are starting to fall off.
Its ok i have a 15x6 steelie we can put on it
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #71
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Swaggots getting bored/running out of money.
Nobody responds with "use the search button" on FB so they feel safe.
There's less 240s every year.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #72
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Could it be too much spam? The only forum I know out of the 6 I am on that lets new accounts post without using captcha.

Well, this is what you get. Endless SPAM and diminishing traffic pushing people to FB. I mean, how are you even going to browse Zilvia when it is this ridiculously bad here?

This is from this morning.

blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #73
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Maybe the moderators are allowing the spam to make the forum seem more active than it really is. Other than that I see no reason not to implement the Captcha on posts... I report every spam account I can, and the next day theres 5 or more new spam accounts...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #74
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266026

Captcha for new threads, for version 3.8.7.

There must be some reason the mods do not want to use it.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #75
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well I know there has been talk of an upgrade possible, so maybe adjustments to the current forum are on the backburner until the final decision is made.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=574015
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #76
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
I have to say the Spam is getting overwhelming lately. Maybe is the lack of new posts that aren't spam, but it sure doesn't help. Neither does being on what ever antiquated Version of VB we are on here either.
I agree with this.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #77
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Apparently all 240 related questions have been answered\covered so no need for new posts\questions. I guess newbs got tired of seeing\hearing wtf search! lol
Old 12-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #78
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Apparently all 240 related questions have been answered\covered so no need for new posts\questions. I guess newbs got tired of seeing\hearing wtf search! lol
qft, and yes, make newbs search, or else they can go to FB where the solution to every problem will always be spray cans and zipties. We shouldnt be giving participation trophies here.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #79
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Good.

Fuck em.

I'm sick of seeing my favorite car ruined by impatient, post highschool, early twenty shit heads.

Don't come back.
QFT.

I remember when I would see a s14 around 2003 when I was 18 years old and that was the car to have, really rare in my area and if you saw one you got excited. I couldnt stop staring at them. Now all you see is shitbagged s13 and some s14s driving around with shitty paint, constantly broken, rusted to shit and dickhead owners who gut the car and try to make it a daily driver missle and cant even justify why they did it. All they say is "yea but its sick".

I have owned my car for a few years and I get ragged on all the time why I dont "slam it" or "you need some stance wheels". Hate the scene but love the car. But fuck it, I do what I want.

I bet the site is down cause of facebook, like most people said. But also because most things have been covered already so just alot of searching going on. Alot of cars that where too expensive a few years ago like the s2k, rx7 etc are all getting cheaper and people are moving on. Disappointing as it is, pretty soon there wont be many clean s-chassis around, which I guess is a good and bad thing.
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #80
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Probably because of all the spam and threads like "your doing it wrong.'' Its pretty sad that the most popular thread on here is people talking shit and making fun of other peoples builds.

I don't think 240's are dying at all. If anything, they are at an all time high price-wise and people are paying it.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #81
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS! All from this morning. Honestly, I'm close to bailing. Zilvia is UNBROWSEABLE due to spam. Mods do something....anything! This forum is out of control.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #82
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
I've tried to get the ball rolling on some antispam stuff but the owners must not care. It's a shame really.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #83
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I wish I could be on spam control.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #84
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
We need some new active mods.

More SR less LS. lol
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #85
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
We need some new active mods.

More SR less LS. lol
Agreed. Only 1 mod (CrimsonRockett) has even commented in this thread. This isn't a criticism of Zilvia. We're looking for ways we can help it thrive. It would be helpful to get some feedback from the ppl in charge.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #86
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
Probably because of all the spam and threads like "your doing it wrong.'' Its pretty sad that the most popular thread on here is people talking shit and making fun of other peoples builds.

I don't think 240's are dying at all. If anything, they are at an all time high price-wise and people are paying it.
Spam is a bit ridiculous. So, I agree with everyone on that end. I personally can't speak for the owners, but I'm sure they'll upgrade soon to get rid of it all.

The "doing it wrong" thread was more or less for people who seriously shouldn't be anywhere near cars in general, but as always, people will nitpick styles they don't like and say they're "doing it wrong".

As car enthusiasts (and human beings in general), we should be more respectful of others, but that's asking for too much apparently.

Doesn't mean we should stop trying to make this a better community for the people who truly care about these cars.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #87
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
as I've said in the spam bot thread, more then happy to be a spam bot mod until if/when the forum is updated to prevent it
I'm on here everyday, all day at work (computer/desk job)
and I'm on at odd times so i think i could catch the spam threads before users log on
a couple dedicated volunteers would help id think

those screenshots posted above are insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #88
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Like others have posted, I think a majority of us moved on to bigger and better things (guns/homes/careers) and don't have the drive to work on shiny pieces of shit anymore.

Is PremieLand still poppin though?
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #89
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Because retarded new schassis crowd.

Edit: also co sign with "You're doing it wrong" thread. I hoped on Zilvia for two weeks straight with that thread at the top of chat each day. I just browse old threads now since nothing current is worth reading unless you just want to hate on someone.

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #90
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
more people going to tumblr, facebook and instagram
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote