Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Jurassic World

I know many of you on here are planning to or have already seen Jurassic World. This will be our official thread to discuss our opinions on the movie, and maybe post future news on upcoming sequels.

First off I will say that I absolutely loved the film!! As a huge fan of Jurassic Park, it was almost surreal to finally see John Hammonds vision(of his park) a reality. I couldn't have asked for a better movie, and the nods to the original film were icing on the mother fucking cake! my friends and I were going ape shit throughout the movie.lol. I will say that I got a little choked up at some parts because the movie really tapped into my childhood, and JP played a huge roll in mines. Now I won't get into too many details since the movie was just released and I don't want to spoil any of it. I'll give it a week before we start spoiling it.haha

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO SEE THE FILM!!! more so if you're in your mid to late 20s and up.lol.

UPDATE: so far the movie has already racked in 212.8 Million globally since wednesday and is on track to being one of the biggest opening weekends of all time!!!!

Last edited by 4DOOR_LIFE; 06-13-2015 at 08:39 PM..
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hell yeah I have heard nothing but good about this movie.i recently watched all the older ones to refresh my memory and Ima watch it tonight! Can't wait
Old 06-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post

I will say that I got a little choked up at some parts because the movie really tapped into my childhood,
im expecting this. I loved watching JP as a kid.
ill still watch it, if its on tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Watching it tomorrow. You guys have me way more excited now!

Imax or nothing for this movie!
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
WARNING!!!!

This movie will make you want to buy a Mercedes-Benz.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
The movie was well done. I was on edge with the whole "raptor whisperer" bit, but it was well done. People were dogging the movie before it came out, I was apprehensive as well, but it was a great movie!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Movie totally sucked.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Possible spoiler. Don't read if you want to see the movie.

I saw it yesterday in 3d. I to thought the movie was a bit cheesy. Nothing compared to the original jurassic park. It was just to overly hollywood. Pretty dumb in a lot of cases. I mean it was some UFC dinosaur against a swat team. But couldn't muster anything against some douchey teens? While I realize there is only so much you can do in a "dinosaur" movie. It still had the basic plot outline of the first jurassic park. Nerdy kid that is overly into dinosaurs. The "meh" older sibbling dogging on them. Instead of jeeps there was some futuristic glass ball. The dinosaur had thermo imaging instead of "movement". Still had the road flare t-rex chase scene. It was just to lame in my opinion. The raptor part was cool when they actually started to use them....(lasted what, a whole 1 minute before they turned?) lame. The electronics on the raptors was a bit dumb also. It did make a pack of velociraptors seem like the most badass pets in the world though. If it wasn't for the very decent chic with the tank top on the whole movie, it would have sucked more. I gave it a 7 out 10.

At least the original had a taste of realism.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #9
Corbic
Post Whore!

Movie gets a 2/10 from me.

If you loved Pacific Rim, you should love it.

SPOILERS

Movie was atrocities and expected the audience to be border line retarded. The original Jurassic Park was a Sci-Fi Horror movie. It grounded it's logic in "sounds legit" science and we watched as our cast desperately tried to escape the dinosaurs.

This movie was a straight up comedy/action flick with no horror or suspension. In fact the only "good guy" to die was the barely there assistant, which I found asinine at best.

This buy basically word for word echo my sentiment.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-spoilers-duh/
Old 06-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #10
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
I loved Pacific Rim!

but going to be watching this tonight after the game in regular cause Imax is 3D and I don't like 3D movies
Old 06-15-2015, 01:00 AM   #11
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just saw it...

The lacking of terror suspense was missing and If it wasn't for the old school hints it would of been just another dinosaur movie

But from start to finish it was a good movie.

Would I watch it again? No.
Would I buy it on Blu-ray? Maybe.
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:30 AM   #12
future
Post Whore!

I'm with ^^^^ movie was definitely meh
Old 06-15-2015, 01:32 AM   #13
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
I enjoyed this movie a lot. I had limited expectations for it going in, but ultimately it satisfied me. I agree with corbic in that it was less of a suspense/horror film than Jurassic Park and more of an action flick, but I don't see this as a bad thing. Just because it was a different type of movie than its predecessor doesn't mean that it doesn't have merit.

Ultimately this movie was fun. Jurassic Park changed my childhood in a big way and this movie had a lot of references that hit me in the nostalgia bone. It's a popcorn film, but a very well done one. Yes it had flat characters, but it used the dinosaurs as characters themselves which was cool (more than just the raptors). There was tons of drama, comedy, action, and stunning visuals.

Ultimately, good summer movie and a fun re-boot. See Mad Max first though.

fucking Mad Max is the shit for real.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:34 AM   #14
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
The lacking of terror suspense was missing and If it wasn't for the old school hints it would of been just another dinosaur movie
Yea, but what other dinosaur movie is there?
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:44 AM   #15
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
It was better than Godzilla, I'll give it that. A few things I wish they would have done differently but overall good movie, not great.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #16
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I liked this movie. Towards the end of the movie I was rooting for the Indominus and hoping that the bad motherfucker would kill and eat everything in the park lol.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #17
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Yea, but what other dinosaur movie is there?
Godzilla.... Land of the lost... Terror t-rex..... Journey to the center of the earth (second half of the movie lol)

Maybe that's why there's lots of cash coming in because there is no Dino movies to compete with.
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #18
Corbic
Post Whore!

Need a Dino Rider movie.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #19
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I enjoyed it. Not as good as the original but that's to be expected. It was much better than the last one in any event.

The bad: Chick running from the rex in high heels was really stupid. Motorcycle navigating untamed woods without bucking him off was retarded. Also, I absolutely hated the whole idea of indominous rex and I basically just wanted it to die the whole movie.

The good: Sea monster eating the shark was awesome. The scene with the t-rex on the helipad, where you could see the healed over raptor scars from the first movie, was super cool and pegged the nostalgia meter.

POTENTIAL SPOILER???

The big fucker stole some glory he didn't deserve at the end. That fight was over and that kill should have gone to someone else. I'll just leave it at that.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:34 AM   #20
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
CG was pretty cool, but lots of unlikely ridiculousness.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:58 AM   #21
Legend1515
Leaky Injector

Legend1515 is an unknown quantity at this point
To me the main characters were not scared enough especially the kids. I seen ppl more afraid of bees. I mean this rex is in your face trying to kill you and not a hint of deep emotion and fear. Sure they "acted" scared but not gigantic murderous dinosaur killing machine is trying to eat you scared.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Legend1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:40 AM   #22
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
You can't say you loved the originals and then go on to say JW did good by the old ones. This movie fucking sucked and I've already spent a shitload of time arguing this with a good friend. I mean when you use 'mines' as a word regularly I guess you'll watch anything with CGI.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #23
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I mean when you use 'mines' as a word regularly I guess you'll watch anything with CGI.
I hope this reply doesn't disappoint in argument.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #24
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I couldn't watch too much of the first Jurassic Park when it came out because I was like 6 and I did NOT handle terror/suspense/gore well so I didn't see any of the other ones - I handle it better now but I still try to actively avoid those kinds of movies.

That being said, still having the mental scar the original one left on me, I enjoyed this one, which says a lot about the direction they went in this go round. I can definitely see the glamorous Hollywoodized action comedy instead of suspenseful and scary as shit sci-fi thriller. According to a few sites, a lot of the science isn't even right lol but still a very easy and fun movie to watch - mainly because of Chris Pratt
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
GU40sx

GU40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Lot's of cynical asshole reviews in this thread, as expected from zilvia.
GU40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #26
future
Post Whore!

It sucked. Did you want us to lie?
Old 07-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #27
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
It sucked. Did you want us to lie?
lol yeah to be honest it was a let down. It really had the perfect concept but everything in Hollywood today is just getting too cheesy.

Id give it a 6.5-7/10

Original JP=9.5/10
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #28
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
WORST movie ever. Period. Literally hated almost every minute of it, so dumb. Partly due to uncomfortable movie theater accommodations, but primarily due to severe suckiness.
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #29
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
hahaa im with the cynical ass.holes on this one, the movie was not good.

funny because during the movie I thought it was ok but when I walked out of the theater with my childhood JP memories wearing off and started to think about it...all the glaring inconsistencies, lack of suspenseful plot, and holes in the story all over the place, yea it was bad.

and that horrible scene where they show the scientist fly off w/ the DNA

made me cringe at the idea that they could turn the franchise into some kind of futuristic war dino army vs man crap

if that happens I will officially lose hope in all of mankind rofl
Old 07-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #30
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Things I laughed at:
-guy on a harley doing 45mph through a dense jungle alongside raptors
-pterodactyls picking up people for no reason? Thought they ate fish or other things that weren't 150lbs
-chick luring a t-rex out to fight the super dinosaur
-shithead kids fixing up a 25 year old jeep and then hauling ass in said jeep
-raptor with feels in the end

It was corny, but entertaining.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote