Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-12-2003, 01:14 AM   #1
AkinaSpeedStars

Trader Rating: (0)
AkinaSpeedStars is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AkinaSpeedStars
Teckademics Mischief 3000

Has anyone seen the dvd Teckademics Mischief 3000? If not you have to buy this dvd.Mainly its a real event based off the movie cannon ball. Its a race from NewYork to LA no rules, around 150 cars racing there. Mostly rich bastards, there porches, an f50, 360 modenas, bmws, one skyline gtr. But the thing that i loved most about this dvd was the bonus footage called "Domestic Rice." Theres a guy with a mustang that has a GTR badge and japanese writng on it. They go up to the guy and ask him all sorts of questions. "Is the GTR special editon mustang?" " So it has headers and exhaust right?" "This is a rotary turbo?" "With pistons and all?" and they guy stupidly answered yes to all of them. I couldn't stop laughing. He also said it ran 11's. I guess he would if he had a Turbo rotary with headers and pistons. lol, great stuff.......
Old 02-12-2003, 01:53 AM   #2
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Hey, rotaries with pistons and headers and exhaust can run up to 600whp! I bet those stickers bumped the output to at least 640!

Oh and is that your car in the sig? I wouldn't be making fun of having japanese writing when you have some azn writing too...
kandyflip445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:14 AM   #3
91blk240
Zilvia Junkie

91blk240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I once saw an ad when I was in Texas for an RX7....The owner described it as a 4cyl rotary motor with low miles
Old 02-12-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
AkinaSpeedStars

It is my car, and the thig i was more concernd about was the japanese writing on a domestic. But the Kanji on my car says "Kamikaze" which is also the name of my crew, Kamikaze Racing.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
I have both their movies. They are pretty cool. I just wish I had the money to destroy stuff like they do, that would be fun.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:54 PM   #6
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
actually the Gumball Rally is based off the Cannonball Run EVENT, the movie came afterwards. yeah, the cannonball run movie is based on the real event, and is actually quite accurate according to the events creator, Mr. Brock Yates, columnist for C&D.
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 01:26 PM   #7
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yep...

Cannonball run also spawned an "above ground", legit event called the One Lap of America, which involves driving cross country (at legal speeds) from race track to race track. At each stop, you run a time trial on the track. It's a grueling event, but it looks like much fun. It also inspires creativity, because in order to compete you not only need a car that's fast on the track, but comfortable on the highway.

I've seen the dakar yellow M3 from the Mischief video around where I live. I don't know how much he drives it, but it always seems to be around at cruise spots and autocrosses.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #8
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
yeah that M3 was in the Hyperfest drift event in VA. they have some footage of the event on one of the DVD's I forgot wqhich one. I love the entro to the mischief video with the donut in front of the white house... (or is it the capital I forgot!)
Old 02-12-2003, 03:47 PM   #9
s14vaxlr8
Zilvia Junkie

s14vaxlr8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14vaxlr8
its the capitol the donut is done in front of,
dado (spelling?)is the owner of the yellow m3 along with most of his buddies here in northern va dtmpower.net, they've got some crazy vids, mischief 3000 and mischief can both be purchased at best buy or downloaded through kaaza, check em out
Old 02-12-2003, 06:33 PM   #10
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
the yellow M3 was stolen last i heard.
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #11
xS1LV1Ax
Zilvia Addict

xS1LV1Ax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xS1LV1Ax Send a message via MSN to xS1LV1Ax
Quote:
Originally posted by AKADriver
I've seen the dakar yellow M3 from the Mischief video around where I live. I don't know how much he drives it, but it always seems to be around at cruise spots and autocrosses.
So have i....i think i saw them up at Rockville....the whole Teckademics crew......I think they were filming some footage for a new vid up there one time...but who knows...i want to be in one of their vids..it would be great.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:59 PM   #12
Natty
Zilvia Addict

Natty is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if Dado ever recovered his Dakar Yellow M3.

The first mischief sucked. I honestly wish they didn't add the nekkid women. It would have sucked either way though.

Gumball 3000 however, that looks good. I heard about a guy with a removable steering wheel. He took it off when driving and banged it against the outside of his door at other people.
Jeff
Old 02-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #13
onebadm5
BANNED

onebadm5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to onebadm5
Quote:
Originally posted by tnord
the yellow M3 was stolen last i heard.
dado's car was stolen some time ago. (it got lifted in NY when he went for a weekend CCA event )

anyway, he's picking up his new car (avus blue '95 m3), taking it on the players run, and then dropping it off in Miami for some special sauce
onebadm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I liked the part at the end of the DVD where everyone was telling their funny arrest stories and running down how many times they had been stopped... That and when they were at the gas station and running down the damage done to their ferraris. It was about that time that I realized that it must suck to be filthy rich.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:08 PM   #15
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by PHLIP
I liked the part at the end of the DVD where everyone was telling their funny arrest stories and running down how many times they had been stopped... That and when they were at the gas station and running down the damage done to their ferraris. It was about that time that I realized that it must suck to be filthy rich.
yeah I liked the extras when they told the story of the cops that took a 180mph ride in the RUF. man I want one of those.... ayo Phil we doin hooters this sat?
Old 02-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #16
AkinaSpeedStars

i'll do hooters any day of the week......... oh....wait.......are you guys talking about going there..........my mistake.

~brandon~
Old 02-14-2003, 07:36 AM   #17
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by AkinaSpeedStars
i'll do hooters any day of the week......... oh....wait.......are you guys talking about going there..........my mistake.

~brandon~
well both actually....

and how'd you know my name?
Old 02-15-2003, 04:43 PM   #18
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by Steeles
well both actually....

and how'd you know my name?
I'm hoping he knows it from my having used it on the board, knowing you personally and all, but if that's not it, I am scared with you...

And I write too!
Old 02-15-2003, 04:59 PM   #19
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by PHLIP
I'm hoping he knows it from my having used it on the board, knowing you personally and all, but if that's not it, I am scared with you...
from his other posts on the board it would seem its his name as well. which doesnt scare me just annoys me I like being the only one
Old 02-15-2003, 05:01 PM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
from his other posts on the board it would seem its his name as well. which doesnt scare me just annoys me I like being the only one
LOL, well Brandon isn't exactly an uncommon name, I'm sure that you are aware of this at your age...

And I write too!
Old 02-15-2003, 05:04 PM   #21
Steeles
Post Whore!

is that an old joke? if so i hate you
Old 02-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #22
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
is that an old joke? if so i hate you
Actually not an old joke this time... I was drawing your attention to the fact that you are now a big boy and should realize certain things as common knowledge... In a couple of years here, you will be old for real and you will need to realize that you will be FORGETTING certain things

And I write too!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:20 AM   #23
Steeles
Post Whore!

i hate you. damn the 60 second rule! im typing most of this just to kill a minute so I can post again. can we change that to like 30 seconds or something. how am I supposed to post pimp if I have to delay to post?