Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
11Past9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you think will look the best?

I am looking for new wheels for my S14 and I am running tokiko blue shocks and s-tech springs. People see the pics and keep commenting that the car needs to be lowered but I don't want coilovers.

I know I want to run a 9 inch wheel all around. But will 18's look better or fill the gap better than a 17x9? I just don't want the truck like look, the S14 is a sleek very horizontally narrow car and HUGE rollers seem to look weird. But what would take care of the gap best without doing coilovers.

here is a decent shot of how it sits on 17x8 evo wheels with 235/45's.

Whatta ya think
11Past9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So you are going to attempt to slap a bigger diameter wheel to lessen the wheel gap? So lets think about this for a second. You want to fill in the gap but dont put into consideration that itll raise the car higher and making it more look like a 4x4. Only way to lessen a wheel gap is by lowering the car more. There is no buts or ifs around it.

PS: You need to stop posting...starting to get sick and tired of fucking spoon feeding you. I've seen 5 year olds make better decisions on their own than you.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
I am looking for new wheels for my S14 and I am running tokiko blue shocks and s-tech springs. People see the pics and keep commenting that the car needs to be lowered but I don't want coilovers.

Yea, the only way to get rid of the gap is to lower the car, your just gonna wind up with 18's and the same amount of gap.

Wheels don't lower your car, suspenion does. And your not willing to change your setup, so prepare to be disappointed with the replies.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
without installing coilovers, reducing the gap can be acheived by cutting your springs.

but seriously.

18's aren't "HUGE ROLLERS". go for it