Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #17461
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Looks like a lego kit
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #17462
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Man how this place has changed. Just a few years ago, most of this place would be losing their shit about how hot that is. Now all of the sudden, low and camber isn't cool? Come on. It would have been criticized for not having enough bass boat flake in the paint job.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:18 PM   #17463
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Man how this place has changed. Just a few years ago, most of this place would be losing their shit about how hot that is. Now all of the sudden, low and camber isn't cool? Come on. It would have been criticized for not having enough bass boat flake in the paint job.
Apart from the wing. I love it personally.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:07 PM   #17464
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I want to hate it but I can't for some reason. Only thing I am certain on is I don't like how the rear overs end where the side skirt meets it behind the door. Something there looks a little off but the rest? I'm okay with it. I do feel like chrome would have been a better choice for the wheels. White on white is so tacky in my opinion.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:12 PM   #17465
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Cambergang banner, BCL wing, and more rear camber than front has been DIW since like 1900bc
Old 11-01-2021, 06:07 AM   #17466
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
The sticker for me is the only issue. Yea the camber is a lot but its a stance build. Its like it is demon camber. This car is not for driving a lot. Its probably for shows, instagram pics.

Less camber, a hood, de sticker it and would be a decent kouki.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:07 AM   #17467
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
The sticker for me is the only issue. Yea the camber is a lot but its a stance build. Its like it is demon camber. This car is not for driving a lot. Its probably for shows, instagram pics.

Less camber, a hood, de sticker it and would be a decent kouki.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:40 AM   #17468
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
It has the right engine and mirrors. Otherwise, fuck it.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:30 AM   #17469
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Some of these show cars that are 'booth cars' are required to sticker up for sponsorship reasoning. Not saying it's the case but it's possible due to placement. The car isn't that bad. I stated my case about the overfenders but as Future said, take some stickers off [and chrome the wheels] and go for a cruise on literally the smoothest, flattest pavement on earth.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:20 AM   #17470
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
If "not my style but mostly well built" is the standard for getting in this thread, it should be a lot longer. Case in point, any other white car with a red engine bay would get shit for a half assed paint job, but it's clearly not so it gets a pass from every commenter so far.

There's plenty of bad decisions and poorly built shit out there to keep this alive as it is.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:34 AM   #17471
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Cambergang banner, BCL wing, and more rear camber than front has been DIW since like 1900bc
Ben Hur never ran that much camber for sure!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:39 PM   #17472
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
https://youtu.be/LFwBwZiMYZw
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:44 PM   #17473
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
yeeeeeeeeeeeup... hes grounded LOL

jackass! *smh*

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 12:38 AM   #17474
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I don't know if cdlong will ever see this, but I do not sign off on that car from last year lol. People are so bored, dude. We are finding justification in content that's subpar.

I'm jaded, I get it, but these Japanese fads and things we think are cool...they are all birthed from a place of repression and a need to be 'different' here to justify one's existence. It's really quite depressing the longer I stay here. I foresee myself getting R33 wheels for all my cars, cashing out on my cool-spec wheels, and just driving the cars the way I think they should've looked from the factory: OEM aero, little lower, painted Nissan calipers, and R33 wheels lol.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:26 AM   #17475
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I don't know if cdlong will ever see this, but I do not sign off on that car from last year lol. People are so bored, dude. We are finding justification in content that's subpar.

I'm jaded, I get it, but these Japanese fads and things we think are cool...they are all birthed from a place of repression and a need to be 'different' here to justify one's existence. It's really quite depressing the longer I stay here. I foresee myself getting R33 wheels for all my cars, cashing out on my cool-spec wheels, and just driving the cars the way I think they should've looked from the factory: OEM aero, little lower, painted Nissan calipers, and R33 wheels lol.
I'm not sure why I keep coming back to this thread or this forum, but I'm still here.

I'm with you, I just can't tell if you're fucking with me or if it's just a coincidence.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:35 PM   #17476
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
I'm not sure why I keep coming back to this thread or this forum, but I'm still here.

I'm with you, I just can't tell if you're fucking with me or if it's just a coincidence.
Definitely not fucking around. That is precisely how I would rock an S14 if I had one and I'm thinking about painting my S15 with same brush, so to speak. Black calipers w/shaved letters and some refurbished R33 wheels. Beyond that, all stock aero.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:25 PM   #17477
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yeeeeeeeeeeeup... hes grounded LOL

jackass! *smh*
I don't even understand once the wheels have broken loose how do you not take your foot off of the gas? he was still banging the rev limiter... and I thought those cars were 4wd
Old 04-14-2022, 06:49 AM   #17478
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Comments say the kid drives a Mustang, so that makes it pretty understandable.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:20 AM   #17479
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Definitely not fucking around. That is precisely how I would rock an S14 if I had one and I'm thinking about painting my S15 with same brush, so to speak. Black calipers w/shaved letters and some refurbished R33 wheels. Beyond that, all stock aero.
I reverted back to a RSR/kyb suspension setup (and stock wheels) on my zenki, and i couldnt be happier with it. I much rather drive the s14 than my s13. We're getting old LOL.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:44 AM   #17480
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
We're getting old LOL.
This is exactly why I have always talked myself out of another s-chassis. I'll build something more comfortable and that takes away from driving the coupe.
Oh, And 240's are extra shitty in New England.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:02 AM   #17481
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
and I thought those cars were 4wd
i was thinking the same thing! but for some odd reason, i vaguely remember the R35 being more RWD biased in most situations.

even still... i hope that kid got beat with a belt when he got home. like i get youth fueled arrogance, but the kid obviously had zero concept of cause and effect prior to putting the GTR into the side of the road. lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:17 AM   #17482
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
It looks like in DJ's video, it was just being allowed leaving the show. Theres always 1...
(this content begins around 11:35) Close ups of the GTR at 16:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6B8IAU-u0
Old 04-14-2022, 12:29 PM   #17483
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
I reverted back to a RSR/kyb suspension setup (and stock wheels) on my zenki, and i couldnt be happier with it. I much rather drive the s14 than my s13. We're getting old LOL.
+1 for getting old. This is basically what I've done with my 97. Basic Tien/KYB suspension, stock aero, and R33 wheels.

https://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=151

Might actually have enough to make a build thread, finally.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #17484
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
+1 for getting old. This is basically what I've done with my 97. Basic Tien/KYB suspension, stock aero, and R33 wheels.

https://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=151

Might actually have enough to make a build thread, finally.
YESSSSSS. It's perfect, i bet it drives great haha.
245 on the r33's is fantastic
Old 04-15-2022, 10:30 AM   #17485
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
You can't see it in the picture, but that's exactly what I have for calipers on the car too (z32s). You sure you're not stalking me and just messing with my head?

Quote:
We're getting old LOL.
No doubt. And that picture is about 10 years old. Though I don't have those wheels on it anymore, now RPF1s for weight and size reasons, though hardly a big styling change. The picture in my signature has R32 GTR wheels and was taken around 2006.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:19 AM   #17486
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Farzams old S14 up for sale. Comical to say the least, although I'm sure with all the negative comments the owner is probably getting the offers he actually wants. I'm unsure whether to be happy or not with the ridiculous prices of these cars. I think it means mine becomes more valuable every day. even with no intentions of selling. I think the Price + ad is DIW.

Old 05-13-2022, 09:17 AM   #17487
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
mmm, yesss..legendary 1 of 1 ls swapped s14.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:42 AM   #17488
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Farzams old S14 up for sale. Comical to say the least, although I'm sure with all the negative comments the owner is probably getting the offers he actually wants. I'm unsure whether to be happy or not with the ridiculous prices of these cars. I think it means mine becomes more valuable every day. even with no intentions of selling. I think the Price + ad is DIW.

Considering what it was listed for 9 years ago, it's not such a ridiculous jump.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=546839

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:36 AM   #17489
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Considering what it was listed for 9 years ago, it's not such a ridiculous jump.
While I understand your point, i'd say that was at the "height" of the LS swap trend, and when things were less readily available.

Also, Farzam had the car listed for $25K in March of 2020 on facebook.

On the current owners post, someone posted a video of the car basically being driven straight into a curb. Interesting stuff.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:08 PM   #17490
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol, you have to be a moron to buy in the current market. once this economic bubble burst they're gonna be left with a toy worth a third of the price they paid, all on a loan they still owe almost 100% xD