Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #31
spinitsidewayz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
spinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her selfspinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Miata + 20B = Pwnage.

I thought about buying one... Miata's and Corolla's make my car seem like a hefty pig.
spinitsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
^^^

Funny you mention those 3 cars in one post as I own all three.

Like everyone else said before, you can't really compare them. But in my opinion, I do enjoy the Miata more as I am actually interested in trading my S14 for a SPECIFIC MIATA (*ahem PABLO*). Then again, I do put up with more crap than the average person, and size + cargo space is not an immediate issue for me (if it was, I'd just take another car) so I can tolerate alot.

Get whatever you enjoy more. I'm looking to get a Miata myself, hopefully soon.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #33
s13gold
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
s13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
this is zilvia man.....240 IT IS!
s13gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NervGS View Post
^^^

Funny you mention those 3 cars in one post as I own all three.

Like everyone else said before, you can't really compare them. But in my opinion, I do enjoy the Miata more as I am actually interested in trading my S14 for a SPECIFIC MIATA (*ahem PABLO*). Then again, I do put up with more crap than the average person, and size + cargo space is not an immediate issue for me (if it was, I'd just take another car) so I can tolerate alot.

Get whatever you enjoy more. I'm looking to get a Miata myself, hopefully soon.

-glenn
dont listen to this fucker, he has no idea what hes talking about. fuck face owns like 10 cars, only 2 actually run.

with that said, stay away from the miata - its a heaping pile of shit. the car is fun if you have balls. it doesnt matter if youre straight or gay, the car itself is too fucking small. you hit your knees on the steering wheel and hit your elbows on the door panel. and im not a fat fuck either (although i may just end up being one, one day.. just not today).

point is, the miata is just a fucking pain in life. the forum is full of fags who do not tolerate cursing. the parts are expensive for no reason. there is shitty aftermarket support. and if all of the above isnt bad enough, the general build quality is not as good as nissan (which isnt as good as toyota, imo). its not a horrible car, its just a pain in the ass car to own.

besides that, the convertible factor can suck if you have to worry about theft.. because ANYTHING can get stolen out of the car, with ease. of course you know there isnt luggage space, but wait.. fuck luggage.. ive been searching for a place to install an amplifier for my stereo setup, and cant even find room.

but it gets worse.. be lucky you dont end up with a miata equipped with BOSE stereo, because thats the biggest pain in the ass; farty sound. i ditched that, the bose brain, the speakers.. and i just had to remove the doors to run wires. the doors have harnesses on the door AND chassis, so you have to take that all off if you want to run better quality wires.

the NA is better than the NB miata, for whatever thats worth. but that still doesnt mean much to me. the 240, with some work, can be light and great. and those who said the miata handles better.. well, i dunno about all that. it handles good, but i wont say better. i'de say they're just about even.

if you want a miata, consider buying into a company called FLYIN MIATA.. you'll be blowing them daily for quality parts, because they're one of the few that make'em.

if you want a 240, pray to the gods that it doesnt get stolen.. because they all do nowadays.

lick ass!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 AM   #35
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
oh yeah, dont forget to buy a rollbar.. you'de be an idiot to own that car without one.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:40 AM   #36
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
the car itself is fun. i guess i have the balls to enjoy it I've never had a problem fitting into the miata either. getting in or out has never been a problem.

NA weighs 2000lbs
NB 2200lbs
NC 2400 with retracable top 2483lbs.

i'm not sure how well regular miata's handle, but i drive an '05 MSM with the sport suspension. it handles better than a regular miata with stock suspension.

forums... eh whatever. forums are forums.

parts aren't expensive... stance C/o $1100, tein $700 used - 1200 new. they are about right. 400 - 500 for a FMIC (ebay 100). used 250 - 400. if you have an MSM they are going to be higher.

plenty of after market support. begi, erebuni, blisten, fatcat motorsports, borla, magnaflow, greddy, koyo, enthuza, jackson racing, K&N, racing beat, good win, flyin miata, enjuku, mvpmotorsports, togue factory. ebay lol. you get the idea.

if your worried about theft, get an alarm, get a dog, get a gun, or a trunk monkey. or just don't get a car. it really doesn't matter what car you have it can get stolen. but it makes the risk a little higher depending on what a thief is looking for. 240>miata from what i've seen recently.

luggage room??? pack lightly

everyone needs a ride... your not a taxi

if your serious about audio, you'll look hard enough, or just make it work.... nothing wrong with a bosectomy

http://www.wardsweb.org/cars/miata_subs.html sweet setup and of course you can use what ever subs amp you want etc.

yes stock for stock the 05 msm outhandles my sr'd s13 and my kouki s14. not faster than my s13. haven't tested the speed against the s14... yet. i drive all three daily. my s13 is getting all new arms, bushings, now and in a week or three coilovers, then i should be able to hang with it. its a little under powered to what i'm used to. its no competition to my SR. but with some mods, it easily takes out gt's. you can now upgrade the turbos wth gt28 (disco potatoe) hell you can add t3 turbo's.

back to the topic. what are your goals here.

i love the convertible! i throw the top down any and every chance i get! there is always the hardtop option!!!!

check out this special link... http://www.kgworks.co.jp/eng/index-e.htm

so what if ppl think the miata is gay. some ppl think everything is gay. they have their opinions. most of those ppl that say that have never driven in a miata.

they are being used in drifting competitions now, so it's good for any type of racing you can think of. auto x, grip, drift, drag. there you go.

also how much money you got?

if you feel the car is under powered. don't complain do somethign about it. lsx motor is pretty nice. not a chevy guy, throw a ford 302 in it. wanna stay mazda go with a 13b or get a cosmos engine (iirc thats the 4 rotor engine.
WANT TO SATY NISSAN GET A SILVIATA SR20 kits are now in production from some company out there. hell be different put a 2jz, or vq, or m3 engine in one.

i will own a miata one day with an LS1 of course. i got a 97 with 38xxx miles and an sr'd 92 240 with about 40xxx miles on it, next will be a miata. there are mos def some bad ass mx-5's out there. but then again there are bad ass 240's out there as well...

ok so now its up to you lol. you got pro's and con's... what are you getting?

(drift freaq pm sent)

and and whoever said something about all those miatas being gay. i'm pretty sure those can out handle most of the 240's on here. miatas aren't getting the respect they deserve....

FYI: I WOULDN'T SELL MY 240'S FOR A MIATA! I LOVE MY 240's!!!!! :P
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #37
xDATx

xDATx can only hope to improve
A Miata has better chances of success especially if you are on a budget.
The Miata is and will always be a good "sports" car.
The S Chassis has sadly become the current "low rider" "StuperStreet R" . It is so sad but it is true.
xDATx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #38
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDATx View Post
A Miata has better chances of success especially if you are on a budget.
The Miata is and will always be a good "sports" car.
The S Chassis has sadly become the current "low rider" "StuperStreet R" . It is so sad but it is true.
+1 for 240 being the new rice cars.

Miatas will always be for the real racers.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #39
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
you don't know what cranky is lol. I am not cranky. I just have a extreme intolerance for stupid questions and people who want their hands held. That may or may not be directed at you.
Then why say it?
Mangudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #40
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

besides that, the convertible factor can suck if you have to worry about theft.. because ANYTHING can get stolen out of the car, with ease. of course you know there isnt luggage space, but wait.. fuck luggage.. ive been searching for a place to install an amplifier for my stereo setup, and cant even find room.

but it gets worse.. be lucky you dont end up with a miata equipped with BOSE stereo, because thats the biggest pain in the ass; farty sound. i ditched that, the bose brain, the speakers.. and i just had to remove the doors to run wires. the doors have harnesses on the door AND chassis, so you have to take that all off if you want to run better quality wires.

the NA is better than the NB miata, for whatever thats worth. but that still doesnt mean much to me. the 240, with some work, can be light and great. and those who said the miata handles better.. well, i dunno about all that. it handles good, but i wont say better. i'de say they're just about even.

Your right, the interior is a bit too small for me. Yesterday I spoke with a owner and he was nice enough to let me sit in his and drive me around. Its definately a nice car but the space just isnt enough for me. It would make a hell of a 2nd car though.

Quote:
ive been searching for a place to install an amplifier for my stereo setup, and cant even find room.
Wow, really? I didnt look at the trunk

Quote:
if you want a 240, pray to the gods that it doesnt get stolen.. because they all do nowadays.
Word, thats something I couldn't afford. Im definitely investing in security.

edit: lol @ my rep points..I dont care..whoever it was

240 it is...thanks a lot everyone.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #41
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
without the gay graphics, this car looks decent.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #42
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
oh yeah, dont forget to buy a rollbar.. you'de be an idiot to own that car without one.
Actually thats the other way around.
A roll bar is not the slightest bit safe for a daily driver....hence why I have one. You're 10x more likely to be rear ended by a fucktard and nail your head on the main hoop than to flip a Miata.
Oh, and build quality and aftermarket support being crap is also complete BS. You just can't look to the companies you would for 240sx parts w/ a Miata. FM is alright (and overpriced, imo) but Fuji Racing, RS Aizawa, RS Factory, Nopro, Artworks Dewa, RSpeed, Tetsuya Garage (distributor for most anything JDM) and a few others are all you need. There's also a ton of DIYers in the Miata community.

Only thing that sucks about Miatas (unless you're a big guy) is the fact that the factory Bilstein shocks didn't come on every model and the Torsen LSD was limited to a couple of specific packages....oh, and hardtops (which I will have to say are quite overpriced....but supply < demand.

edit: Oh, and to be clear, I vote for either. They are two completely different cars. However, if you have a problem with luggage space and are traveling alone, the pass. seat comes out very easily.
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #43
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was in in this same predicament like 4 years ago. I decided on a 240 and have never regretted it.

That's all.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #44
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raen419 View Post
Actually thats the other way around.
A roll bar is not the slightest bit safe for a daily driver....hence why I have one. You're 10x more likely to be rear ended by a fucktard and nail your head on the main hoop than to flip a Miata.
Oh, and build quality and aftermarket support being crap is also complete BS. You just can't look to the companies you would for 240sx parts w/ a Miata. FM is alright (and overpriced, imo) but Fuji Racing, RS Aizawa, RS Factory, Nopro, Artworks Dewa, RSpeed, Tetsuya Garage (distributor for most anything JDM) and a few others are all you need. There's also a ton of DIYers in the Miata community.

Only thing that sucks about Miatas (unless you're a big guy) is the fact that the factory Bilstein shocks didn't come on every model and the Torsen LSD was limited to a couple of specific packages....oh, and hardtops (which I will have to say are quite overpriced....but supply < demand.

edit: Oh, and to be clear, I vote for either. They are two completely different cars. However, if you have a problem with luggage space and are traveling alone, the pass. seat comes out very easily.
i dont agree - thats what headrests are for. i dont know why i hear people saying this, because its bullshit. when you get rear ended, your head doesnt go through the seat. maybe with stock seats?? but then again, those sucked so bad i got rid of them and went with FD rx7 seats. seriously, there are so many shitty aspects of the miata. much like the stock 240, the seats are horrible. the 240 had auto seatbelts that sucked balls, the miata has normal seatbelts that constantly lockup - what a kick in the nuts. i got rid of those too in exchange for harnesses.

tire sizes are also an issue, as the only sizes useable are made by few companies. the widest i found was toyo at 245/35 in 16". everything else seems to top at around 215. stock is 195 or 205, and i think increasing to 215 is a joke. plus, the fenders are SO slim that you cant even go much wider than a 7.5" wheel. i run an 8" and had to pull a bunch of shit just to be able to do that.

the NB should weight around 2300 lbs, thats significantly more heavy than the past generation. overall, the car feels like a skateboard.. im running tein HAs and the car has a good amount of harshness, but i guess thats expected from a car with a short wheelbase.

either way, i still vote s13. its one of the best cars ive ever had the enjoyment of fixing up. somewhere in reading all this bullshit, i guess i enjoy something about the miata.. but i really cant say in specific. oh, actually now i know.. the shifter. i must admit the stock shifter is fantastic, and the transmission is bit more friendly as it lets you go into 1st and reverse easier than the 240. the miata lets me go into reverse even if rolling, and first is also simple to get into during the turns. the kick in the balls is that the gearing is too far apart, so i find myself wanting a gear between 2nd and 3rd in the canyons - that sucks.

what else. hmmm.. having people drive next to you and say "hey, nice tan top... FAG" is just part of what happens when owning a miata, even if you are straight, married, etc.. whatever. fuckit.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #45
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
get padding for the roll bar.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #46
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
the car itself is fun. i guess i have the balls to enjoy it I've never had a problem fitting into the miata either. getting in or out has never been a problem.

NA weighs 2000lbs
NB 2200lbs
NC 2400 with retracable top 2483lbs.

i'm not sure how well regular miata's handle, but i drive an '05 MSM with the sport suspension. it handles better than a regular miata with stock suspension.

forums... eh whatever. forums are forums.

parts aren't expensive... stance C/o $1100, tein $700 used - 1200 new. they are about right. 400 - 500 for a FMIC (ebay 100). used 250 - 400. if you have an MSM they are going to be higher.

plenty of after market support. begi, erebuni, blisten, fatcat motorsports, borla, magnaflow, greddy, koyo, enthuza, jackson racing, K&N, racing beat, good win, flyin miata, enjuku, mvpmotorsports, togue factory. ebay lol. you get the idea.

if your worried about theft, get an alarm, get a dog, get a gun, or a trunk monkey. or just don't get a car. it really doesn't matter what car you have it can get stolen. but it makes the risk a little higher depending on what a thief is looking for. 240>miata from what i've seen recently.

luggage room??? pack lightly

everyone needs a ride... your not a taxi

if your serious about audio, you'll look hard enough, or just make it work.... nothing wrong with a bosectomy

http://www.wardsweb.org/cars/miata_subs.html sweet setup and of course you can use what ever subs amp you want etc.

yes stock for stock the 05 msm outhandles my sr'd s13 and my kouki s14. not faster than my s13. haven't tested the speed against the s14... yet. i drive all three daily. my s13 is getting all new arms, bushings, now and in a week or three coilovers, then i should be able to hang with it. its a little under powered to what i'm used to. its no competition to my SR. but with some mods, it easily takes out gt's. you can now upgrade the turbos wth gt28 (disco potatoe) hell you can add t3 turbo's.

back to the topic. what are your goals here.

i love the convertible! i throw the top down any and every chance i get! there is always the hardtop option!!!!

check out this special link... http://www.kgworks.co.jp/eng/index-e.htm

so what if ppl think the miata is gay. some ppl think everything is gay. they have their opinions. most of those ppl that say that have never driven in a miata.

they are being used in drifting competitions now, so it's good for any type of racing you can think of. auto x, grip, drift, drag. there you go.

also how much money you got?

if you feel the car is under powered. don't complain do somethign about it. lsx motor is pretty nice. not a chevy guy, throw a ford 302 in it. wanna stay mazda go with a 13b or get a cosmos engine (iirc thats the 4 rotor engine.
WANT TO SATY NISSAN GET A SILVIATA SR20 kits are now in production from some company out there. hell be different put a 2jz, or vq, or m3 engine in one.

i will own a miata one day with an LS1 of course. i got a 97 with 38xxx miles and an sr'd 92 240 with about 40xxx miles on it, next will be a miata. there are mos def some bad ass mx-5's out there. but then again there are bad ass 240's out there as well...

ok so now its up to you lol. you got pro's and con's... what are you getting?

(drift freaq pm sent)

and and whoever said something about all those miatas being gay. i'm pretty sure those can out handle most of the 240's on here. miatas aren't getting the respect they deserve....

FYI: I WOULDN'T SELL MY 240'S FOR A MIATA! I LOVE MY 240's!!!!! :P

I really enjoyed your post, very informative.
Im playing with $4500 right now which can buy me a really nice NA. If I got one it would bea 94-97 since those have the 1.8l engine.Its funny, I told myself "its too small" yet I keep thinking about it still. I need to drive it to really settle things once and for all.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #47
spinitsidewayz
Leaky Injector

spinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her selfspinitsidewayz is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
+1 for 240 being the new rice cars.

Miatas will always be for the real racers.
I agree too. The truth hurts.
spinitsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #48
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute

Those graphics look photoshopped on there...
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #49
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
pretty much.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #50
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangudai View Post
Then why say it?
Because dumb fucks like you just don't get it unless its fucking spelled out. Your a stupid ass fucking noob here. I am a really nice guy but your stupid ass brings out the desire for me to A: try and educate your dumb ass or B: rain hell fire on you because your too thick headed to fucking understand.

So you think I am cranky heh, great . I am cranky to all the stupid noobs that don't bother reading , that ask dumb ass questions, that try to laugh off their neg reps as nothing which makes them look even dumber.

Fact is I have contributed a lot to this forum been quite helpful and nice, but of late fucks like you have been wrecking the forum. Now either take the foam out of your ears and put in your mouth or go populate Nico where you belong.

P.S. I am smiling as I write this and not the least bit cranky. lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #51
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Try and have a nice day
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #52
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Try and have a nice day
lol I am having a great day, lol

P.S. when you used my sig as being an example of being cranky it showed how dumb your ass really is. That was a joke , It was said by the original poster for effect,truth and comedy. Its amazing how it soared right over your head. Or is it?

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #53
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Actually, I didn't say that because of your signature Ive been reading this forum for a while and remember some of your past posts. Nice try though
Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #54
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
I really enjoyed your post, very informative.
Im playing with $4500 right now which can buy me a really nice NA. If I got one it would bea 94-97 since those have the 1.8l engine.Its funny, I told myself "its too small" yet I keep thinking about it still. I need to drive it to really settle things once and for all.
$4500 will get you a lot further in miata than a 240 imo. the 1.8l's are nice no doubt, but the 1.6l's are no slouch either. iirc, the 89-90 models were the ones with some sort of crankshaft reliability issues, but other than that you should be good.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #55
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

No doubt. There seems to be quite a few people on here informative on miatas..cool.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #56
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

most ppl on here will tell you to get a 240 its a 240 site! go ask this on the miata.net site or any other miata forum. drive both and come back! glad you enjoyed reading. it took a long time writing that. i wanted to make sure it was helplful. and it was at almost 4 am!

dave (drift freaq) is a great guy to do business with!!!!!!! thanks dave again!

4500 save up more. before you go spending make sure you know what your goals are. cuz if not you buy everything you don't need.... like myself... BEFORE!!!

i hope the miatas don't turn into the next honda/240/ricer bandwagon.

errr on that note... get a 240 heh :P
Old 06-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #57
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
$4500 will get you a lot further in miata than a 240 imo. the 1.8l's are nice no doubt, but the 1.6l's are no slouch either. iirc, the 89-90 models were the ones with some sort of crankshaft reliability issues, but other than that you should be good.
99's also had the same issues. mine doesnt, but many did.

as for 4500, that can get used so quickly.. its rediculous.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #58
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
$4500 for a NA is kinda pricey in my book, but I guess it depends on the model.
My 91 was $3200 and came with a rather large amount of turbo shit and the car was clean (now its kinda stripped out...lol).

ixfxi, I'm 6'2" and even with 3" of padding shaved out of the bottom of the seat, my head still sits higher than my headrest. So yes, if I got rear-ended my head would more than likely hit the roll bar. Do I care though? No.
And SFI padding won't do much either. Given the G force produced during a common rear end collision, that padding will do little, if anything for my head, or anyone else's.
Tire options are limiting, but given that I don't need more than a 205/50/15 right now, I don't have a problem with it. And it sounds like your NB's gearing is for something lower than a 4.3 fd....which sucks, b/c thats what makes my car fun. Its easy as hell to stay in the powerband (what little powerband there is).
Anyway, I'm done debating. I have facts and opinions, you have opinions and opinions.
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #59
alexkosheck
BANNED

alexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choicesalexkosheck has made poor choices
MKIV Toyota Supra N/A vs S14 240SX

What do you guys think of the 93+ Toyota Supra N/A?
Does it drive super heavy? The N/A Supra is greatly overshadowed by the Supra Turbo.
Thoughts?
alexkosheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #60
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
most ppl on here will tell you to get a 240 its a 240 site! go ask this on the miata.net site or any other miata forum. drive both and come back!
No, of course man! Like I said before, I only made this post to see if anyone could come up with any pros or cons i overlooked, not to make the decision for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx
4500 save up more.
Actually thats more than enough for a NA. I plan to do power adders next year or last this year.