Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #841
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
any one have a better number for vr wheels? their phone just does busy signal all day long.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #842
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
any one have a better number for vr wheels? their phone just does busy signal all day long.
theyre switching providers so their phones are down temporarily.
the temporary number they posted on instagram is 626-715-6922
@vrwheels if you want to confirm
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #843
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshaz View Post
theyre switching providers so their phones are down temporarily.
the temporary number they posted on instagram is 626-715-6922
@vrwheels if you want to confirm
posi rep for you!
Old 08-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #844
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
A question for you guys who relipped and rebarreled 45 hole Rays wheels.
Does most wheel service places carry the lips and barrels. Or is it as common as the 40 hole works. I can't seem to find them on Google.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #845
jakewolf

Trader Rating: (2)
jakewolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A buddy of mine finally set up his lathe to split lips and barrels. I was the guinea pig. Luckily things went smoothly and the lip and barrel are both useable, not that I plan on using the old lips.

Now back to waiting for my new lips to show up/deciding if I want to refinish the center of my wheels or not.

jakewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #846
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewolf View Post
A buddy of mine finally set up his lathe to split lips and barrels. I was the guinea pig. Luckily things went smoothly and the lip and barrel are both useable, not that I plan on using the old lips.

Now back to waiting for my new lips to show up/deciding if I want to refinish the center of my wheels or not.

Were these SSR wheels you had to split? I had to send mine to a machine shop to split the weld between the lips and barrels.
Who did you order your lips from? I ordered mine 3 weeks ago from ThreePiece and still don't have them yet. Not complaining though, I understand it takes time to build them per order.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #847
jakewolf

jakewolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Were these SSR wheels you had to split? I had to send mine to a machine shop to split the weld between the lips and barrels.
Who did you order your lips from? I ordered mine 3 weeks ago from ThreePiece and still don't have them yet. Not complaining though, I understand it takes time to build them per order.
Yah these are 17" SSR Gartmaiers. Lips were ordered from VR.

Are you waiting on 17s as well? I've been for waiting just over a month.
jakewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #848
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewolf View Post
Yah these are 17" SSR Gartmaiers. Lips were ordered from VR.

Are you waiting on 17s as well? I've been for waiting just over a month.
Mine are 18'' SSR Vienna Courage. I ordered 6'' lips. They said it would be about a 1 month wait time. Mine are 39 hole lips so they were custom made to order. It seems like the only thing they keep in stock are Work Equip/VS lips and barrels. Everything else is made to order I guess.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:58 AM   #849
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red240 View Post
Woah, super interesting! Would be so much easier to get ahold of the outer lip and the (extended?) bolts... I wonder if they are welded. Any chance you can get a photo of it when you change tires?? Would be great. Thanks!!
adey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #850
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Here are my new lips ordered from VR wheels, they came with Lines/markings scratched all over, I don't think this is normal, and there is also a Hard line about 3 inches from where the mounting wholes are that circles the entire lip.
Does anyone else's polished lips come back looking like this? I sent them an email and they said that's normal marking from the polishing wheel.
The ones I got from Wheelflip for my Ordens didn't have any of this shit on them, they looked great.

20160830_155340.jpg

20160830_155103.jpg

and here is the hardline, its very hard to see in pictures due to the reflections, but it is very obvious when looking at it up close, and you can feel it too, it almost has a very subtle step, as if the lip was smaller then steps up about 1/4 millimeter but was smoothed almost all out to blend it in.
20160830_155321.jpg
Old 09-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #851
inuyasha3466
Leaky Injector

inuyasha3466 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those lips weren't polished correctly. Looks like they skipped a step with the compounds.
inuyasha3466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #852
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Here are my new lips ordered from VR wheels, they came with Lines/markings scratched all over, I don't think this is normal, and there is also a Hard line about 3 inches from where the mounting wholes are that circles the entire lip.
Does anyone else's polished lips come back looking like this? I sent them an email and they said that's normal marking from the polishing wheel.
The ones I got from Wheelflip for my Ordens didn't have any of this shit on them, they looked great.

Attachment 95312

Attachment 95311

and here is the hardline, its very hard to see in pictures due to the reflections, but it is very obvious when looking at it up close, and you can feel it too, it almost has a very subtle step, as if the lip was smaller then steps up about 1/4 millimeter but was smoothed almost all out to blend it in.
Attachment 95313

Those don't look normal. Especially the lip with all the scratches on it. It almost looks like they polished over manufacturing defects. Just for reference here's a pic of the 6'' lips I ordered from ThreePiece. None of them had any wavy lines or imperfections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSRviennaCourage03.JPG (128.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #853
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Any pics of the "before" condition of those lips? (I assume they were repolished, based on the language used).

Definitely doesn't look normal if the lips are "new"
adey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #854
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
There is usually a little bit of scratching, but damn.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #855
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
Any pics of the "before" condition of those lips? (I assume they were repolished, based on the language used).

Definitely doesn't look normal if the lips are "new"
They were new ordered from VR.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #856
est14

est14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if i can relip Weds kranze lxz (18") with Work vs-xx lips.
They are both 40 hole, but does lxz face drop in Work lip and do holes line up?

Thanks.
est14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #857
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
They were new ordered from VR.
That doesn't look right at all. I'd push back on that for sure.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #858
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by est14 View Post
Does anyone know if i can relip Weds kranze lxz (18") with Work vs-xx lips.
They are both 40 hole, but does lxz face drop in Work lip and do holes line up?

Thanks.
I'm not 100 percent sure on LXZ's but I've rebuilt a few sets of Cerberus 1's and 2's which are both part of the Kranze lineup. Neither would fit with a Works 40 hole lips. They have a larger diameter were the face meets the lips and barrels which required me to have them put on a lathe and enlarged a couple mm. The holes will line up after the lathe work enough to get bolts through but it's very tight and requires a little persuasion for a couple of them.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #859
est14

est14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
I'm not 100 percent sure on LXZ's but I've rebuilt a few sets of Cerberus 1's and 2's which are both part of the Kranze lineup. Neither would fit with a Works 40 hole lips. They have a larger diameter were the face meets the lips and barrels which required me to have them put on a lathe and enlarged a couple mm. The holes will line up after the lathe work enough to get bolts through but it's very tight and requires a little persuasion for a couple of them.
Thanks for info! Need some work lips, so i can try them.
est14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #860
iHateMySilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
iHateMySilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
don't know if this has been asked before or stupid question , is it possible to remove faces off vsxx with out having to split the barrel n lip apart without damaging the seal?

oh and deflated tires on them

NaVanBrosガレ​​ージLtd,Co.
iHateMySilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:53 PM   #861
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateMySilvia View Post
don't know if this has been asked before or stupid question , is it possible to remove faces off vsxx with out having to split the barrel n lip apart without damaging the seal?

oh and deflated tires on them
Yes, it is possible to remove the faces without splitting the lips/barrels, but I've never done it with tires still on. I wouldn't want try with inflated tires but you should be alright deflated.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #862
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
anywhere on the east coast sell lips for 15" ssr longchamps? not sure if i im up to cut the welds myself and shipping to the west coast and back isnt gonna be cheap
Old 10-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #863
konstbug
Leaky Injector

konstbug is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I have these Blitz brw03, 3pc welded, with specs:
17"x8j+45et
17"x9j+35et

The question is - relip them for sale or just refinish? And if relip - which size is preferable in 17"?
As say theStig880 "this is a very vague question" and I agree, but I would like to know some average (optimal) width in 17" for zilvia owners.
Thank you.

Last edited by konstbug; 12-10-2016 at 04:00 AM..
konstbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #864
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstbug View Post
Hi, I have these Blitz brw03, 3pc welded, with specs:
17"x8j+47et
17"x9j+35et

The question is - relip them for sale or just refinish? And if relip - which size is preferable in 17"?

I like the Blitz 03's. I would keep them, re-lip them, powder coat the faces and put them on your car. It's expensive to do but worth it.
I went through the same process on my SSR Vienna Courage wheels.
As far as which size to go with...that's personal preference. There's no right or wrong answer to that question. I personally would re-lip the front wheels with a 5'' lip. idk what size your barrel is on the front wheels but I'm guessing it's 5''. That would make the front wheels roughly 17 x 10 if you use a 5'' lip.
For the rear wheels, re-lip to 6'' or 7''. That would make them about 17 x 11 or 17 x 12 depending on your inner barrel size and lip size you choose.
It all comes down to your personal preference and how much money you're willing to spend on them.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #865
konstbug
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHand View Post
I like the Blitz 03's. I would keep them, re-lip them, powder coat the faces and put them on your car. It's expensive to do but worth it.
I went through the same process on my SSR Vienna Courage wheels.
As far as which size to go with...that's personal preference. There's no right or wrong answer to that question. I personally would re-lip the front wheels with a 5'' lip. idk what size your barrel is on the front wheels but I'm guessing it's 5''. That would make the front wheels roughly 17 x 10 if you use a 5'' lip.
For the rear wheels, re-lip to 6'' or 7''. That would make them about 17 x 11 or 17 x 12 depending on your inner barrel size and lip size you choose.
It all comes down to your personal preference and how much money you're willing to spend on them.
Thanks for reply! Yeah, you are right, all 4 barrels are 5"
Old 10-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #866
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If you ever plan on selling them, do NOT go bigger than 10.5 for rear or 9.5 for front. You limit your market by making widebody specific sizes.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:40 AM   #867
konstbug
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
If you ever plan on selling them, do NOT go bigger than 10.5 for rear or 9.5 for front. You limit your market by making widebody specific sizes.
That exactly what I wanted to get to know. Thanks a lot!
Old 10-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #868
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
That is one of the most true statements ever made.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #869
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I'd actually say that 9.5/10 up front and 10.5/11 upfront respectively are the ideal sizes most S-chassis owners want - more so the 9.5F/10.5R combination.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #870
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I'd actually say that 9.5/10 up front and 10.5/11 upfront respectively are the ideal sizes most S-chassis owners want - more so the 9.5F/10.5R combination.
10 up front sucks shit.

Feels like you're steering a barge.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote