Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #151
doogstein
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
doogstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOVVVE my TAG Carrera. I got the 25th anniversary edition with no chrono's or anything. l like my watches to have a clean face look to em. only comes out when have to go to a dress to impress kinda thing. got 7 other watches to wear for daily use. Couple Lucien Piccards, A Bulova which i love almost as much as my TAG, and a few other brands which escape me. Tag is by far my most expensive at a couple grand and some change but all the others were like $150 to $650. Kinda have a slight addiction
doogstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #152
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Nothing wrong with a watch addiction lolz I seem to be able to control myself when it comes to watches... I just ordered a G-shock from amazon its an awesome $35 watch for everyday use.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 AM   #153
R_G
Zilvia Junkie

R_G is an unknown quantity at this point
The only watch i have. It pulls my hair from my wrist tho. Thats why i don't wear it . So i guess there no point in having it haha exp it was a gift.http://www.skagen.com/item/331XLSXM.fx

R_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #154
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Legitimate thread bump situation…

At the end of October, I was browsing Ebay just to see what I saw and happened upon this. (<--- not a link to anything I am selling, but to the actual one I bought)
Perfunctory Google search told me that it was your standard Chinese Mechanical mov’t watch that seems to be flooding Ebay these days, but peoples descriptions led me to think “hell, $38.99 isn’t a lot to cry about,” and went ahead for the Buy it Now option. One issue I had was that despite shipping from Northern California, the damned thing took over a week to arrive. That was more on the seller, not the item itself, though.

Anyway, when I opened it, I was expecting that I would have to manually wind the watch based upon the details of the sale, but when I moved it to take it out of the box, it started up, which suggests to me that the watch is self-winding. To test this theory, I did not wind it the night I got it, instead I let it die until the morning and THEN wound it after being very careful not to awaken it… I wore it all day Friday and Saturday, but not to bed and it was still up with no time gained or lost even to right now, and maintained the winding.

About the watch itself; a Breitling-style (Navitimer, I think) watch with an allegedly Stainless Steel band. I say “allegedly” because I own enough watches with actual stainless bands that don’t feel this cheap. I KNOW I will break this band in a month or less if I keep it.
Luckily, however, that is my only gripe with the actual product, and it can be addressed and fixed for less than 30 bucks. It will be replaced within a week or two.
In all, this watch is not as nice as, say… one of the ones that 32 Degrees makes, but it doesn’t pretend to be either, and the 32 Degrees ones are beginning to price themselves WAY more than I paid for the one I bought January last year (and still wear 6 days a week without issue). If presented with the opportunity to get it again, I would say “I might,” but that is pending the outcome of two more watches I ordered from Deal Extreme the night after I ordered this one. Those have not yet arrived, so the jury is out on them and I will make a decision when they do.
For now, though, I need to put a new band on this one.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #155
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
My girlfriend surprised me with a watch a few weeks ago. I've always been a huge fan of bigger watches, though not rapper status or anything of that nature, just a larger watch like a lot of what I see in this thread. She's always liked watches but never been in love with anything.

Anyway, I guess a guy came into her office and she fell in love with his watch. She learned a bit about it and then found one for me.

Amazon.com: Swiss Legend Men's 40025-BB-RN Throttle Chronograph Black Ion-Plated Watch: SWISS LEGEND: Watches

Apparently when it was brand new it was sold for around a grand, but the past few years since it was released (like everything else) the price has come down to a more reasonable number. There are a dozen different colors, but mine is as pictured in that link. Glossy black band, carbon bezel, brass screws, etc.

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #156
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Been wearing one of these lately with a Maratac zulu strap. It feels nice and barely feels like youre wearing a watch at all.

Bought one of these for the GF last week.. limited edition to commemorate HK's birthday

ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #157
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
my dream
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #158
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ball Diver TMT. i will buy this as a gift for myself when i get out of the navy.

heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #159
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I NEED this in my life...
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #160
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
My DD. One of the nicer watches on the Nixon lineup IMO...self winding, says the f word on the back, bitches love it, 25% off, Swiss made, fuck yeah.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #161
louiswilliams00

louiswilliams00 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my Fossil and wouldn’t trade it for anything.
louiswilliams00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #162
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Came in on Wednesday, had to pick up from the PO yesterday.

$21.20 shipped, fully automatic, but can be wound manually for a longer-lasting winding if desired. Movement is more visible than other watches, and watch is still see-through to the point where you can see skin behind it.
As ever, I am putting a new band on it this weekend and all will be better.

And I write too!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #163
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What brand is that and where did you order it from?
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #164
jlego
Leaky Injector

jlego is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to jlego
Just picked this one up..

jlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #165
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Last one for a while, I swear

Same mov't as the last one, different body, still pleased with it.

And I write too!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #166
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
I recieved this Elysee watch for my college graduation a few years back. I love it. A few months back I was rushing to get ready in the morning, and the watch slipped out of my hand as I was putting it on. Dropped bezel-first on to kitcken tile and shattered. I was so pissed.

I contacted the original seller, and they sent me a paid postage box. They returned the watch to Germany and completely replaced the bezel and cleaned out all of the glass. Shipped it back to me for no charge what-so-ever. Needless to say I feel that is awesome customer service for a watch that costs under $450.

Looking for something slightly dressier, with a brown/tan color scheme for my next purchase.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #167
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
love the thread. I too am a watch lover but don't have a big collection. My daily watch: Rolex Milgauss

I also have an interited vintage gold Seiko from the 70s that's actually a nice piece. I bought my father in law Bell & Ross:

My next watch will probably be either a Bell & Ross BR03, Panarei or Breitling Navitimer if I am feeling pretentious.

It's nice to see the Tags, Omegas and Oris represented. I have never been a huge fan of them but they are worn by co-workers.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #168
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
phillip.. where are you getting these watches.. I dig that one with the exposed movement... I imagine the bands are cheap at $21 but they can be replaced...
Old 12-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #169
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
That hello kitty watch looks "different" but kinda cool.

Just picked up this Skagen Denmark in black not too long ago. Love the clean look. Titanium with a very slim ss mesh band. Semi cheap at around $100 depending where you shop.

VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #170
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
phillip.. where are you getting these watches.. I dig that one with the exposed movement... I imagine the bands are cheap at $21 but they can be replaced...

Ebay most likely, cheap chinese mech watches will die after liek 6 months.

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #171
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
Ebay most likely, cheap chinese mech watches will die after liek 6 months.
I sent him a response in private, and ebay was only responsible for, um... 3 (I think) of them, and I have not had one die on me yet, and I have been using two of the watches I have posted for over 2 years now.
No watch I have posted in this thread has malfunctioned or died on me yet.

And I write too!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #172
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I sent him a response in private, and ebay was only responsible for, um... 3 (I think) of them, and I have not had one die on me yet, and I have been using two of the watches I have posted for over 2 years now.
No watch I have posted in this thread has malfunctioned or died on me yet.

I wasnt harping my good man, i just have heard a LOT of horror stories.

Again, as iterated in the thread. for the price, they cant be beat!

Keep on keepin on!

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #173
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
love the thread. I too am a watch lover but don't have a big collection. My daily watch: Rolex Milgauss

Only watch that caught my attention in this whole thread.

Mine (jdm seiko):

Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #174
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Seiko is actually kind of funny. They make some of the best watches in the world (grand seikos, credor, prospex, etc), but have only tacky/busy looking watches for the U.S. market (probably to satisfy American taste, or lack thereof).

Here is one that I'm going to be pulling the trigger on soon (Steinhart ocean gmt coke i.e. Rolex gmt master homage):

Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #175
pndjones
Zilvia Member

pndjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice to see zilvians like watches too. My dad and I have quite the collection. I have a a few Invictas, a tag heuer, croten and a few cheaper ones for daily use like my citizen and pulsar. I tend to buy watches that dont require batteries because I can never remember to pull the crowns so I always end up with dead batteries so most of my watches are motion or solar powered. My dad on the other hand is baller and puts my collection to shame
pndjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #176
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
They sell Grand Seiko's in the US, my boss has a Grand Seiko spring drive. Very nice, but from 10 feet away you wouldn't be able to differentiate it from some regular Seiko quartz. They're for watch nerds.

Anyone got a cool single hand watch they want to share? Preferably sub 2k?

I am really diggin these Schaumburg watches even though they are kinda pricey for what they are. I really like the Mystic in particular. It looks like a Defi BF gauge for my wrist LOL.

I think I'm gonna get this watch as a daily. They're cheap enough.

atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #177
Chl_drifter
Leaky Injector

Chl_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
I own a few citizens and bulovas

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Chl_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #178
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
They sell Grand Seiko's in the US, my boss has a Grand Seiko spring drive. Very nice, but from 10 feet away you wouldn't be able to differentiate it from some regular Seiko quartz. They're for watch nerds.

Anyone got a cool single hand watch they want to share? Preferably sub 2k?

I am really diggin these Schaumburg watches even though they are kinda pricey for what they are. I really like the Mystic in particular. It looks like a Defi BF gauge for my wrist LOL.

I think I'm gonna get this watch as a daily. They're cheap enough.

Kind of cartoony cool. And water resistant to a couple of miles beneath the sea.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #179
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
My dream watch:

It's a far way away though . Currently wearing a basic Hugo Boss.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #180
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Breitlings are amazing. My dad finally got one last year, its been his dream watch forever.