Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #331
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #332
omgshawn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
omgshawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Brother just got a Beretta M9, pretty fun little guy
omgshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #333
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Between me and my dad we have a collection starting. Now it's about 40 guns. These are the ones I have added myself.

The top is a Smith&wessen lower with Bcm upper. The bottom two are dpms.

Kimber eclipse custom 2 1911. My favorite.

Kimber 22 cal conversion.

A couple of my dads I have photos of.
Another favorite
M1a carbine. Low serial number. Mint.

This is just a quick shot I took one day. There is like 12 more hanging on the wall that have never been fired and probably never will.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #334
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
My 308 upper finally came.

theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #335
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
For guys with scopes, what would you do to your rifle (dpms .308) that would allow you to cleanly kill an animal at close range? For example, you have a scope with it's shortest distance setting at 50 yrds but you stumble upon a deer at 15 yrds. It's got mil dots and though I've never used it, I doubt the mil dots can compensate that much differnence in yards. There are no iron sights and it's even impossible to aim by looking under the scope. Happened to me once. So one day I was playing COD and had this sniper with a red dot mounted at 10-11 o'clock. You just tilt the rifle a little and bam. Although functional, looks kinda too much? Any other ideas?
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #336
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'll edit this for pics this evening.

S&W SW40VE
-hate it. wish i'd never bought it. Isn't even worth getting rid of. Dust collection unit.

Ruger P90
-Fun fun fun fun. Wish i had another one. More fun than 1911 imo. very comparable accuracy at 25yrds.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #337
dOMEmE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
dOMEmE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Picked up a SIG SP2022 9mm

and a Colt Umarex M4 22LR just for fun...

So far i like them both, eventually i want to pick up something with more POWAH...looking to get a SCAR-L but the price tag is whats holding me back haha..might just say fuck it and get a AR15.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #338
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection

Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #339
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
icecreammandan, what is that paddle looking thing on your rifle grip? never seen it before, cant figure it out.

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #340
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboiblaze View Post
icecreammandan, what is that paddle looking thing on your rifle grip? never seen it before, cant figure it out.
Stupid California law.
That fin keeps your thumb from wrapping around the grip.
This way you get to use your rifle without a magazine lock.

Plus you can only use pre ban hi cap magazines if you are featureless. Meaning no pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, etc...

Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #341
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^ ah man that is shitty. i knew about the other stuff but the 'pistol grip delete' mod/panel itself is new to me. i ♥ cali but i (along as everyone else) definitely hate the gun laws here. this is a horrible place NOT to be able to have a concealed weapons permit. cuz as we all know, bad guys will always have guns, no matter what laws/restrictions are implaced, thats why theyre bad guys.

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #342
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightouge View Post
Stupid California law.
That fin keeps your thumb from wrapping around the grip.
This way you get to use your rifle without a magazine lock.

Plus you can only use pre ban hi cap magazines if you are featureless. Meaning no pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, etc...
cant you just get one of those "bullet button" mag releases instead?

in anycase cali gun laws suck...here in texas there really isnt any restriction to mag capacity...or accessibility..

hey what free float is that on that AR you have there sir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #343
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
cant you just get one of those "bullet button" mag releases instead?

in anycase cali gun laws suck...here in texas there really isnt any restriction to mag capacity...or accessibility..

hey what free float is that on that AR you have there sir?
Yea, i have bullet buttons for both of my AR's.
I hate the hassle of reloading with them but not much i can do...

Oh and i'm not too sure who makes that free float rail, i bought the upper already built at a gun show.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #344
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im getting a lightly used Kimber TLE2 with a wilson tactical matte black finish pachmyer grips and a trigger job for $700 in the next few months
Old 06-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #345
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-DGaNmtA0
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #346
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
^That.Is.Awesome
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #347
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just seen a DPMS rifle on top of the page.

I was just wondering on your guys opinions or personal reviews.

This will be my first AR type rifle.
For the price it seems like a good buy.

DPMS Panther Oracle, AR15-Rifles.Com | AR15-Rifles
Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #348
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
For guys with scopes, what would you do to your rifle (dpms .308) that would allow you to cleanly kill an animal at close range? For example, you have a scope with it's shortest distance setting at 50 yrds but you stumble upon a deer at 15 yrds. It's got mil dots and though I've never used it, I doubt the mil dots can compensate that much differnence in yards. There are no iron sights and it's even impossible to aim by looking under the scope. Happened to me once. So one day I was playing COD and had this sniper with a red dot mounted at 10-11 o'clock. You just tilt the rifle a little and bam. Although functional, looks kinda too much? Any other ideas?
So does anyone use their rifles or are they for the zombie accoplypse? Lol, jk.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #349
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is what I have around the house.

STI Trojan 5.0 9mm

Del-Ton DTI Sport AR in 5.56

Older pic with both my DTI and SW MP15-22

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #350
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
So does anyone use their rifles or are they for the zombie accoplypse? Lol, jk.
Like this?

Dovetail angle mount.

They also make a red dot with a scope clamp.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #351
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Got certified a few weeks back, in the NRA pistol beginners class. Went to 4 gun stores, and these are what I'm leaning towards. For plinking, I'm going to pick up the S&W M&P .22lr pistol. For the 9mm it's going to be a Glock 17 gen 3, or 19 gen 3. Since I won't be using it for CC, I'm leaning more towards the 17, for the extra barrel length, which should help with recoil a little. I'm not too sure which one to pick up in .45 ACP. The SIG P226 is really nice, but quite pricey. I would also like a 1911, but once again, the prices are up there. What do you guys think of these choices? Please don't suggest the Ruger for plinking, I can't stand the looks of those guns.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #352
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Got certified a few weeks back, in the NRA pistol beginners class. Went to 4 gun stores, and these are what I'm leaning towards. For plinking, I'm going to pick up the S&W M&P .22lr pistol. For the 9mm it's going to be a Glock 17 gen 3, or 19 gen 3. Since I won't be using it for CC, I'm leaning more towards the 17, for the extra barrel length, which should help with recoil a little. I'm not too sure which one to pick up in .45 ACP. The SIG P226 is really nice, but quite pricey. I would also like a 1911, but once again, the prices are up there. What do you guys think of these choices? Please don't suggest the Ruger for plinking, I can't stand the looks of those guns.
I've shot the SW M&P22 and it was pretty cool.

For the 9mm, take a look at the Glock 34 as well. It's basically what replaced the Glock 17L. The longer slide/sight radius may help you focus on the front sight. I may get one for competition use.

I can't help you for .45's...no experience there
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #353
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
I've shot the SW M&P22 and it was pretty cool.

For the 9mm, take a look at the Glock 34 as well. It's basically what replaced the Glock 17L. The longer slide/sight radius may help you focus on the front sight. I may get one for competition use.

I can't help you for .45's...no experience there
I'll look into the 34. I'm assuming that's a gen 4? If so, there aren't many aftermarket parts for it yet, right?
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #354
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan

Pick mine up after work on Friday.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #355
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I'll look into the 34. I'm assuming that's a gen 4? If so, there aren't many aftermarket parts for it yet, right?
Most Glocks have been made in every generation i think. The 34 is a favorite for competitive shooters because of the sight radius. As a result of this and other things, there is a ton of aftermarket support for them.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #356
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
Im looking to get either an AK or AR to go along with my springfield XD. What brands to stay away from what brands to look for? I know some for the AK "century" are a hit and miss kind of deal and aresnal are the go brand for them but cost money and what questions to ask..... thanks

Last edited by gist864; 10-17-2012 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: correction
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #357
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Stay away from the big5 I.O. inc ak47.
That thing is a piece of shit.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #358
TitanRb25

TitanRb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just purchased a Springfield XDM .45. Anyone have any experience with Springfield handguns? Anyone actually own a XDM .45? All the reviews I have seen and read have been very very good. Small complaints about the double safety mechanisms, but for home safety and the occasional free sport firing, doesn't really effect my decision to buy it.

(not my actual gun)
TitanRb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #359
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee

I'm glad to see fellow Zilvians exercising their right to bear arms.

I just traded in my less than stellar Charles Daly 1911 and paid money on top for what I am experiencing to be a much, much better firearm.

Sig Sauer Scorprion 1911 Carry.

Not a photo I took, but I'll get one later. I've put about 250 rounds through it so far and am enjoying it immensely.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #360
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRb25 View Post
Just purchased a Springfield XDM .45. Anyone have any experience with Springfield handguns? Anyone actually own a XDM .45? All the reviews I have seen and read have been very very good. Small complaints about the double safety mechanisms, but for home safety and the occasional free sport firing, doesn't really effect my decision to buy it.

(not my actual gun)
While i dont own an xdmi do own a xd9 sc(my EDC) & a friend of mine has the xdm9. I can tell you one thing for sure, just like apple-they just work. Ive never had any issues and i put over 2k rounds through mine. Ive dropped it, gone long periods of time between cleaning and every time i pull the trigger it goes boom.
As far as ppl complaining about the dual safety its not like its an extra step to disengage it. It simply wont fire unless you are gripping it correctly. Other than that the only complaints ive heard come down to personal preference i.e. width of double stack vs single stack, how the grip feels, they're ugly, etc.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote