Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Redline Time Attack finals this weekend at Auto Club Speedway

kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
YEA YEA Im coming out to watch & hang out. I will look for you,Mike !!! Im very interested in seeing the super session,will it actually be a race or a run away .

HEY, is anybody from here gonna run on SAT in HPDE, Im down to help out,LMK .

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
They usually put the fastest cars in the back. Do one warmup lap, then it's balls to the wall from there. See you there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
YEA YEA Im coming out to watch & hang out. I will look for you,Mike !!! Im very interested in seeing the super session,will it actually be a race or a run away .

HEY, is anybody from here gonna run on SAT in HPDE, Im down to help out,LMK .
Old 11-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
I'll be there with the AE Performance gang running their 370z

See you guys their!

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I gunna try and make it out, thanks for posting this mike.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
kognition
Premium Member

Check out Mike Bonanni's 370 this weekend. I just designed a street class wing for it. Badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post

See you guys their!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'll make it on Sunday.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:

See you guys their!
Congrats on 1st place!

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
kognition
Premium Member

x2! Great work guys.
We had some issues with the new wing on Mike's Z. So back to the drawing board this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Congrats on 1st place!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
kognition
Premium Member

Our other sponsored team PTUNING took FWD Mod championship! These guys had no real budget, and got alot of financial backing from their Scion forums to help get them out here from the east coast. Incredible dedication. They blew the head in the first half, but had a 12 point lead over the nearest competitor. So they clinched it!
Here is driver Ross, and me on the left.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
kognition
Premium Member

Paul, what was all the talk about Paul Walker? The girls in our garage were all excited, lol. Was he there? I never saw him. But i had my head down most of the day working.

Quote:

See you guys their!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Thanks Mike, and Edgar!

Mike, sorry I didn't get to come by and say hi while you were helping out the DD crew but Mike from DD has been keeping me in the loop on the progress pic's you were sending before he got the finished product. Looked great!

We could really, use one on our car! Espically at this last event.

My first time running the roval and it was SCARY espically w/ no aero, but we pulled through, I took 1st and Rich landed 3rd.

In the pic's you can see desperate attempts to settle the car, we threw on a make shift wicker to help out a bit.

Proper Aero is next on the list!

Thanks again!

-Paul

Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
RAD!! Congratulations to you, Paul, and AE! Awesome awesome
Old 11-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
kognition
Premium Member

Mike had a hard time before i showed up with the wing. He had no spoiler because i destroyed it trying to remove the damn thing last month. The uprights came out great, but the new wing was producing alot more downforce than we expected. And the wing cracked. Unbelievable. So at least we found the weak points on the Z wing setup. Learned alot with that.

[QUOTE=Paul2x;3139190]Hey Thanks Mike, and Edgar!

Mike, sorry I didn't get to come by and say hi while you were helping out the DD crew but Mike from DD has been keeping me in the loop on the progress pic's you were sending before he got the finished product. Looked great!

We could really, use one on our car! Espically at this last event.

My first time running the roval and it was SCARY espically w/ no aero, but we pulled through, I took 1st and Rich landed 3rd.

In the pic's you can see desperate attempts to settle the car, we threw on a make shift wicker to help out a bit.

Proper Aero is next on the list!

Thanks again!

-Paul
Old 11-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Yeah Mike the wing looked great and felt solid, Can't believe it created as much down force as it did.

Aero is definently next on the list so we have 5 months to figure something out. Also heard their changing up the rules a bit so will be interesting to see the outcome of that for each class.

I'd love to run your products so I'll shoot you a call in the near future and we can chat some more!

Thanks again for all the great comments guys!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #16
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
At what speed did you get up to in order to get it to crack? Fascinating
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
kognition
Premium Member

Cool Paul,
Just hit me up anytime. I am driving the Silvia next season at eight of the events. The 370Z wing i spec'd specifically for the street class rules. I mean, we literally pushed the rules to the maximum. The scrutineers were like WTF? This wing is too big lol. Then they measured it, and bowed down.
Since that test misshap, i increased carbon content by 30%. And made some other internal support changes to the design. Mike will be testing V2 wing at the customer appreciation track day next month.

Quote:
Yeah Mike the wing looked great and felt solid, Can't believe it created as much down force as it did.

Aero is definently next on the list so we have 5 months to figure something out. Also heard their changing up the rules a bit so will be interesting to see the outcome of that for each class.

I'd love to run your products so I'll shoot you a call in the near future and we can chat some more!

Thanks again for all the great comments guys!

Old 11-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
kognition
Premium Member

It cracked at only 120MPH Mike said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
At what speed did you get up to in order to get it to crack? Fascinating
Old 11-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

That is amazing lol... I can't wait to get mine Take your time, like I said I'm patient I love to see the effort and quality you put into your work. Two thumbs up man. Since mine will be slightly wider, it makes me ponder LOL. Exactly what I wanted, MONSTER downforce
Old 11-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
kognition
Premium Member

You ordered a 72" i think right?

Quote:
That is amazing lol... I can't wait to get mine Take your time, like I said I'm patient I love to see the effort and quality you put into your work. Two thumbs up man. Since mine will be slightly wider, it makes me ponder LOL. Exactly what I wanted, MONSTER downforce
Old 11-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Ya LOL widebody s13 hatch, take your time, I have a smile from ear to ear This shit sounds intense already. Have to wait out winter before I can run it anyways
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #22
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Awesome! We'll I'll be out of town that weekend but I'll be sure to follup with your or Mike to hear how V2 worked out.

For next season were defently going to need it!

Have a great holiday!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #23
kognition
Premium Member

V2 you can stand on. I stand on them, and i am 228lb's. Were talking both feet together, and standing in the center of the wing. 7lb's. So testing is a good thing.
Quote:
Awesome! We'll I'll be out of town that weekend but I'll be sure to follup with your or Mike to hear how V2 worked out.

For next season were defently going to need it!

Have a great holiday!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #24
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Sounds good... keep us up to date and keep bettering the wing
Old 12-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #25
kognition
Premium Member

Will b sending out another group email this weekend.

Quote:
Sounds good... keep us up to date and keep bettering the wing
Old 12-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #26
WA2GOOD

WA2GOOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to see your on top of sorting the wing out, Mike.
WA2GOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #27
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

it's the 18th
Old 12-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #28
kognition
Premium Member

Final testing was a success. Yesterday at Willow Springs