Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 autoX season is over, my last onboard vid in 2009

F1, MotoGP, and World Superbikes are all over. Now my autocross season has ended as well, I'm going to miss it.

Below is my last race in the rain PLUS a little extra at the end. I hope you guys will like it

YouTube - SCCA autoX 2k9 CE#10 with Season final bonus

My Co-driver Dan and I finished 2nd and 3rd overall respectively. I think we did very well, slipping and sliding.
We highly recommend Dunlop Z1 star spec tires for street class, it is par with RE01R in the dry, but MAN it kicks ass in the wet!

Cheers!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
God the wet stuff scares me so bad. I need to find a tire and suspension setup that lets me not spin in every gear.

Good job though man, I can't wait to get on track next season.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I wish you didn't cut what the instructor was saying, I kinda was interested to hear what he has to say, and then see how your run changed/improved.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
2nd & 3rd in a G35, not bad at all. What class do you run in? BS w/ street tire index?

How many people were in your class? (I'm guessing overall was in your class, and not overall PAX wise).

Is this the normal car you compete in?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
nice, very good video. its always nice to get an instructor to help you, because you might be thinking your doing absolutely great but an instructor will help you get even better! and i couldnt believe how well the car was doing to the quick movements of the wheel. those star specs must be amazing in the dry, seeing that there awesome in the rain.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry I cut the instructor part short because the overall video is getting a bit long.
The Solo Pro driving school back in May was great, they are good observer; I've 3 instructors spent one on one time with me, all 3 of them were able to pin point different weakness that I have, they able to give suggestion in simple English and I made improvement immediately.

About the car, it is a bone stock 03 G35 coupe with Brembo. We ran in STX class index because we ran street tires that day, otherwise it can categorize as F-stock.
2nd-3rd overall is OVERALL PAX result, not just in STX class; so we were a bit quicker than dozen of people that day.

The G35 is my fail safe plan this year, my KAT S14 wasn't reliable and competitive enough in Street-mod class, plus the S2000 on R-compound is a blast to drive (AS and BSP PAX was a bit easier too), so we sport the S2000 majority of the time.

Yes, D1 Star spec is absolutely great street tires for the price. I just wish RE01R and now RE11R cost a bit less, since they have a slight advantage in dry. But like I said you can't beat D1 star spec in the wet

cheers, thanks for all of the kind words
Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
wow, overall pax, that is amazing, especially since your car isn't even set up for stx!

Didn't realize the G35 ran in FS (thought it would run w/ the 350z in BS, but of course, that would be a tad unfair, lol). We have a street tire index locally for guys who run stock cars w/ street tires (SK1 and SK2).

How many people competed that day in your region?

Congrats again!