Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-26-2023, 10:48 AM   #1
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just bought someone's freshly rebuilt long block. I paid about $1100 all together, which is more than I ever would've paid for a KA "back in the day", but it came from a junkyard with a startup warranty and is just a nice stock rebuild. I was about to pull the trigger on getting my original short block rebuilt when I found the motor for sale and jumped on it.

Yes it is a heavy bastard. I used to pick up and carry iron Honda D-series by myself and I'm not a big weightlifter guy. I did manage to use some 2x4s to rock my KA off a pallet and onto a dolly so I could roll it into the back of my garage but my back yelled at me for that stunt for a week.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I just bought someone's freshly rebuilt long block. I paid about $1100 all together, which is more than I ever would've paid for a KA "back in the day", but it came from a junkyard with a startup warranty and is just a nice stock rebuild. I was about to pull the trigger on getting my original short block rebuilt when I found the motor for sale and jumped on it.

Yes it is a heavy bastard. I used to pick up and carry iron Honda D-series by myself and I'm not a big weightlifter guy. I did manage to use some 2x4s to rock my KA off a pallet and onto a dolly so I could roll it into the back of my garage but my back yelled at me for that stunt for a week.
I was able to lug my bare block to the machine shop in the back of my CUV but I have no idea what I'm going to do when it's built with its crank and piston/rods.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:00 AM   #3
StorminMatt

StorminMatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I used to pick up and carry iron Honda D-series by myself and I'm not a big weightlifter guy.
Honda never made an iron D-series engine. All D-series engines have aluminum blocks. In fact, the only iron block Honda engines I can think of are the old A-series engines used in Accords back in the 80s.
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:05 AM   #4
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
Honda never made an iron D-series engine. All D-series engines have aluminum blocks. In fact, the only iron block Honda engines I can think of are the old A-series engines used in Accords back in the 80s.
Way to burst his bubble
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote