Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
21Nemesis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 21Nemesis Send a message via MSN to 21Nemesis Send a message via Yahoo to 21Nemesis
s13 350 Miles!!!

After 350 miles, I finally had the fuel light come on (stock KA w/220K mi.). CRAZY! I've usually been only to average around 315 miles to the tank.

(888) 611-1776

Last edited by 21Nemesis; 05-22-2008 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: more info to add.
21Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow, i would go well over 350 and ive never had my gas light come on even when i had the KA

with the SR i'm getting about 30mpg with no o2 sensor, so if you do the math thats 400-450 miles to a tank.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
DohcKA
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
DohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfectionDohcKA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man i get like 160miles to 3/4 of a tank.... damn what the hell is wrong with my shit... on average i'd say i get 200-250 miles tops on a full tank
DohcKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
I get on AVERAGE 445 Miles freeway, per tank. That is on average 28MPG.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
i get about 18 to a gallon in the city. are you guys converting kmph to mph before doing the mileage calculations? the best i've done in the city is about 21 mpg and about 25mpg on the highway.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
WTFaNG
Leaky Injector

WTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enough
What the BOjangles! you guys must never get on the peddle or something, ive never even broken 300. my usual maxed out is 280miles on a full tank with the SR.
WTFaNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
i get about 18 to a gallon in the city. are you guys converting kmph to mph before doing the mileage calculations? the best i've done in the city is about 21 mpg and about 25mpg on the highway.
I'm using an N60 maf along with many bolt ons, I average 28MPG.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Im lucky if I hit 300 KM on a full tank...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #9
ScarredOne

ScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enough
I'm usually in the low 20's with a lot of highway driving. This last tank though, I kept it at a steady 65-70mph on the highway (good traffic flow) and netted 31.7 mpg on the first 3 gallons of a completely filled tank.
ScarredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
frosti108
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
is it odd that ive never wondered or cared about the gas mileage of my s13? i bought the car for speeding and having fun. if i was really worried about gas mileage, there wouldnt be a turbo on it...

come on guys, since when did our s13s turn into hondas :P

although i guess its totally possible that some people bought their 240 simply for a daily driver that gets decent gas mileage... i just think thats not fair to the car lol

Vinnie- im running an N60 mafs as well, but i also have bigger injectors, and im not exactly shooting for mpgs
Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #11
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post

Vinnie- im running an N60 mafs as well, but i also have bigger injectors, and im not exactly shooting for mpgs

Yeah more pulse width= less gas mileage....Ohh well I'm still on the stock 270's. Duty cycle is almost maxed out on th eset up that I have so soon I will have to upgrade to 300 or better for less MPG....
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #12
white92_s13
Leaky Injector

white92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nicewhite92_s13 is just really nice
im lucky to get 300 to a tank. i HAVE to use the a/c and that kills the mpg.

i drive 10 miles to work, and 10 miles home everyday and it lasts me a week, becuase i have to go to the store, or school ect. it kills me.
white92_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #13
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im not even sure if my gas light works. my gage jumps all over the place lol.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #14
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post
is it odd that ive never wondered or cared about the gas mileage of my s13? i bought the car for speeding and having fun. if i was really worried about gas mileage, there wouldnt be a turbo on it...

come on guys, since when did our s13s turn into hondas :P

although i guess its totally possible that some people bought their 240 simply for a daily driver that gets decent gas mileage... i just think thats not fair to the car lol

When they are used for daily traveling and gas prices are going up.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Im lucky if I hit 300 KM on a full tank...
Same here... I'm currently at 310 KM's on this tank and it's on the E.... This is the first time I've had it over 300km since last August... Although, it IS better than the 90-100km I WAS getting to a full tank.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #16
ANDOX

ANDOX is an unknown quantity at this point
what the hell is going on? I only get like 240 on a sr. u guys all got hybrids or what? lol
ANDOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #17
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
i hit 325mph for freeway. haha with a 244k ka. my work is less than 15 miles
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #18
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
My SR averages 30mpg on the highway
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
best I have pulled is 28 mpg without running air on a DOHC. If your running air but things are right you should be able to pull 375 miles with your foot in it at 80-90 the whole way .

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #20
ANDOX

ANDOX is an unknown quantity at this point
How'd u set up your sr to get that kind of miles?
ANDOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #21
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
i hit 325mph
Holy fuck that's gotta be a new top speed record for S-chassis.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #22
xkamikazestormx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
xkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i get about 480mi before the gas light turns on in my s14. thats about 28mpg
xkamikazestormx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #23
spacedog
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
spacedog is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spacedog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
LOL i was gonna point that out
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i hate you all... sucks living in the city..
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #25
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Hypermiling techniques got me about 33 mpg mixed city/hwy on my SR with bolt ons. That's roughly 650kms to the tank (jdm cluster)

Although it's pretty oxymoronic to be driving a SPORTS car economically, it's a new driving experience when you figure you can get more than the dealer thinks it can get.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #26
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thats wierd that you get that when i can get 242.86 miles on a half tank , thats from my house in san antonio to houston texas with a bunch of stuff in the car (for events )'

so 485.72 miles for a full tank

89 240sx red top sr20det fmic, 3 in straight pipe , coilovers , crappy alignment
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #27
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I get into the 400-440 miles on a tank, but I've never seen my gas light turn on.

Stock KA btw.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #28
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Best I've ever done was 392 miles on one tank. That was coming back from AZ at 2am, mashing in 4th and 5th the entire way to stay awake. lol
Normally I average about 350 to a tank.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #29
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Don't s13s just implode on themselves, creating a mini black hole at those kind of speeds?

That or all those zip tied on aero parts just fly off and feed on first born children.

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #30
artdrifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
artdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hahah every time i stepped on the gas my gas gauge would drop to empty and then when i would let off it would go back to full. The first time i drove it i thought OH SHIT i have a major gas leak because it went from full to WAYYYY below empty in less than thirty seconds.
artdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote