Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn im curious to know what else you're going to put on there to aid the burnouts lol. any new pics by any chance? this things just too clean.
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
man I really want to shoot this car.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteridaz503 View Post
Damn im curious to know what else you're going to put on there to aid the burnouts lol. any new pics by any chance? this things just too clean.
It's something I really don't need, but the deal from a friend is too good to pass up. I'll post some details when i have it in my possession. Maybe I will snap some new pics tonight- it's tough because I don't want to drive it to any cool photo spots until the car is tuned and the new BOV is here and installed. It should all be here after work tomorrow and I can get it installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
man I really want to shoot this car.
I would love that! You could cover up all of the blemishes for me, haha. I want to have Toby help me with some bride door panel fabric someday, so maybe I could make a weekend road trip out of it before the snow flies!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I would love that! You could cover up all of the blemishes for me, haha. I want to have Toby help me with some bride door panel fabric someday, so maybe I could make a weekend road trip out of it before the snow flies!
Haha yeah, I've always wondered what kind condition the paint is in.

Ya get with him on the door cards and set something up. I've got the garage space for the car if it was a weekend thing/if you need a place to crash.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Ok so, now that we slapped that base map on it.... drive that biatch! Let me know how the dyno session goes.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Ok so, now that we slapped that base map on it.... drive that biatch! Let me know how the dyno session goes.
I'll let you know for sure man! Thanks SO much for the help, couldn't have figured that out without you man! We will have to get together and chill again soon...

So the weekend went like this...

Friday:
Left work a little early and my GReddy Type RZ BOV, flanged hot pipe, and recirculation fitting from Enjuku Racing were waiting for me- just in time! So I threw that stuff on the car- haven't installed the recirc hose yet, though.

Saturday:
Shane and Trevor came out to help enter my Shadowerks base map into the Power FC. It took some messing with it, but Trevor got the car running really well! We drove it around the block and checked a few things, but everything seems to be in great shape. Idle was strong and drivability was great. I ended up cruising around town a bit and everything seemed great! Thanks again to Trevor (MagicalTrevor) and Shane (Holemilk) for coming out all that way, really appreciate it guys!

Sunday:
My wife and I ended up going to Brighton for dinner and some dessert. The car drove really well and we didn't run into any issues, aside from a few exhaust scrapes, lol.

Tuning is scheduled for Tuesday night at Monkey Wrench. Once the car is tuned, I can have a good time! Looking forward to seeing how the car does. I'll post some street pics tomorrow.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

^^^^
Nice well yeah keep us updated man
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
chiprez

Trader Rating: (0)
chiprez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dam,cant belive i went through the whole build.i know you've hear a gazillion times but the car is dope as h3!!
chiprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #9
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
it's prolly cuz your engine bay looks so clean and nice, but i like that thing without a hood.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #10
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
My favourite s13 of them all! Excellent taste in every corner of this car!
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #11
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha thanks a lot! I like it without the hood too for some reason. Probably because it looked SO nasty when I got it. I never thought it would end up looking so much better...

Decided to drive it to work today since last night's outing went so well. So, the farthest trip so far is about 35 miles. That should help burn up the old gas so that I can fill it up fresh tomorrow before the tune.

Couple quick cell pics:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:25 PM..
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
so how does that Dmax sound?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
l2edken
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
l2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i love everything about this car...
l2edken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #14
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I LOVE the sound of the D-Max... the sound of my exhaust combo is perfect to me, I really like it!

Well, the car is tuned! Matt at Monkey Wrench said that everything went really well for the most part, and seemed to be a pretty solid street setup. He rearranged some vacuum lines for me and installed a t-bolt clamp on one coupler I missed (I didn't buy enough, haha). The only real issues we ran into were:

1. Boost Controller- My older Blitz EBC was having issues with holding boost correctly. It would occasionally hit 2-3 psi higher than it was set for, realize it mid way through the pull, and then pull boost quickly- sometimes pulling lower than the value it was set for. Matt got the controller set up really well for me, but I will still need to play with it to sort that issue out if I can- or look into other options if not.

2. Test Pipe- Remember that strange bung on my Megan test pipe with a bolt in it? Well, the bolt ended up coming out on one of the pulls, lol. So I now have a cool exhaust whistle/leak- I'll toss it back in with some Loctite tonight and hopefully never deal with it again. If that doesn't work, I'll just have it welded shut.

3. Oil Leak- The car started leaking oil towards the end of the evening. We are not sure exactly where it is coming from, but it seems to be from the turbo area and collecting on the steering rack/ front subframe. I will have to get under the car tonight or tomorrow night and clean everything up, find the leak, and fix it. It left a lovely trail up the driveway of my new (to me) house as well, so that will be another project for me. :lol: I am hoping the clamps on the turbo drain/return are just loose or something.

Here are some pics!

My car was in good company at Monkey Wrench, haha:

We ended up hanging out with my wife's grandparents during tuning since they live about ten minutes from the shop. Old people dig 240s... lol.

So yeah- the numbers are going to read pretty high on a DynaPack dyno, but here is one of the printouts I got. I am pretty positive that this pull was done at 10 psi. We had some computer/printout issues, but the highest value I saw while I was there was 347whp at 14-15 psi. I am going to email Matt to confirm the numbers/boost settings for my reference, but it is probably right around 300whp and 275wtq on most dynos. I'll have to try it on a Mustang dyno at some point and average the numbers, haha.

I am very happy with the results. I only did one pull on the way home, through most of third gear, due to the oil leak and test pipe leak, but it feels AWESOME! For sure the fastest car I have ever owned by far, so it feels pretty crazy to me at the moment- and that was at 10psi! I couldn't be more happy with the setup and the tune and service that Matt gave me at Monkey Wrench- thanks for hanging out there late to get my car done!

I'll post another update by the weekend after I sort out a couple issues and get the car all cleaned up. Should be driving it a lot this weekend and hitting some meets, so it should be fun!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #15
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

We ended up hanging out with my wife's grandparents during tuning since they live about ten minutes from the shop. Old people dig 240s... lol.
I was just going to mention this theme you have going with your build...Good to hear that you sorted the oil leak...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #16
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

So you're SERIOUSLY not coming to Toby's cookout?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #17
Fortitude

Fortitude is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is so much win, love the progress and the quality of parts. Subscribed.
Fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ thanks man!

I just confirmed the numbers with Matt at Monkey Wrench:

Quote:
It made 285whp at the lowest boost setting which is around 9psi at high rpm. 310whp is 10-11psi at high rpm. 347whp was at 14-15psi at high rpm.
Again, that is on a DynaPack, so the numbers should be a bit high. But I am still really happy with the result- pretty much just what I was expecting!

Not sure if other Zilvians are involved or not, but I made the top 16 in the Wiring Specialties photo contest and I am trying to make the top 8 now. If you'd like to vote, here is the link!

WS Harness Set RAFFLE - TOP 16 !!!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #19
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

^^^^
just to double check before i vote you put the picture of how your car used to look like right? (Chuki front, Xenon lip & Time Atack wheels)
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yep haha, I didn't have the car back on the road yet when I had to submit the pic. But yeah, Mine is the one that says "Damon Young!"

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #21
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

ok thankz man ill vote for ya no prob & good luck
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
just voted for you! (and Eugene)
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Good to see things worked out at the dyno, I'm not going to NC this weekend if you want to get up with me.
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #24
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks guys! Yeah, I was pretty sure from my research that this setup would do about 300whp, so I am happy. Everything seems to be in order for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Good to see things worked out at the dyno, I'm not going to NC this weekend if you want to get up with me.
Cool man, I'll hit you up!

I got home late last night, but I believe I managed to find and correct the oil leak. I am really lucky that I didn't have further to drive than I did- this was a nasty leak. The underside of the car is trashed, so tonight I am going to change the filter, fill the oil, and make sure everything checks out- then give the whole underside a good scrub down and cleaning. There are also some areas that could use some more undercoating, so I may address that as well.

The exhaust leak is fixed now too- so hopefully it will be ready to rock for the weekend by this evening! And hopefully the trail of oil will come out of my driveway... lol.

Assuming the spot I found was correct, the oil leak was from one of the turbo lines near the block. The banjo bolt was tight in the block, but this portion of the line had come loose:

[Image Lost]

I didn't see low oil pressure or anything on the way home, so I am hoping that everything checks out OK tonight. The oil level was just slightly above full when i left the shop, so I think it should be fine. Very close call, though!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #25
Face Man

Trader Rating: (3)
Face Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I casted my vote. This car looks amazing good job.
Face Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #26
jambadre
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jambadre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Got my vote... your car is mind blowing.
jambadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #27
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Nice numbers man, great work.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #28
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks for the votes!

I got the oil and exhaust leaks fixed last night- planning to cruise all weekend. I'll take some new pics as well!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #29
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

^^^^

Do it, cant wait lol
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #30
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ WHAT!?! I responded and told him i would be there! The WIFE is wimping out, not me! lol. I just need to know the weekend so that I can mark the calendar and make sure we don't have anything planned. I am totally planning to make it out though, I'll probably find someone to ride along... but I don't think the wife wants to go.

Here are some new pics I snapped during the weekend's festivities:

So I started the car yesterday to back it out to wash it, and heard a really loud squeal. Alternator belt- I was actually surprised it took that long to loosen up after breaking in. So I tightened up, feeling accomplished that my 240 issue for the day was behind me. I backed it out and started hosing it down, only to find this:

Fail! These tires have two tanks of gas on them, lol. Luckily, my friend that manages a Discount Tire said it can be fixed, so I'll take it in on my lunch today and get it taken care of- then I'll be back on the road tomorrow! So annoying, haha.I spent the rest of the afternoon washing the exterior and cleaning the interior out.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:34 PM..