Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
xwhitchx

Trader Rating: (0)
xwhitchx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
89 S13 KA24ET Project.

This is my 1st 240sx build, also my 1st turbo set-up. So lets start.

So this is day one. Got the car home.

The car really was not running well at all, and was not wanting to stay on ether. So I had a look at all the vac lines and hoses. I found that every one of them was rock hard and all the vac lines would just slip off it I was to pull lightly on them. One other big problem was that this car was said to have a rebuilt engine in it, well it was leaking oil, coolent and when the intakemanifold was put on some hoe the gasket was folded in half and all ripped...

So after ordering all new coolent lines and buying all the vac line that autozone had in stock (48 feet) I got to work on getting the car running right.
I found out that all the vac line where in the wrong spots, there was random T's in them some that went to no where.

Well after that was all fix the car still was no running as good as I want. The starter was going out, the was some load clicking coming from the bell housing/engine, the brake booster was bad, the rear brake calibers where shot, both front wheel bearings had load grinding noises coming form them, and all the shocks where blown. So I had a lot of work a head of me.

I found out that the clicking was the clutch, two of the springs in it fell out of the clutch disc and where just spinning around in the presure plate.

I was looking on cl one day and saw someone was wanting to trade a pignose front bumper for a sharknose, so I jumped on that.

The falling week I saw a hud for the sohc for sale for 100$ and it was only 15mins away, so I picked it up.

After getting this I look at the clock on it, I seems that my cars wiring is a little messed up. If i open the door the clock turns off and resets but the back light stays on. So some here the dome like is hooked up to the clock and there is noting going to the dome light at all. So I need to Have a look at that.

I picked up some stock shocks with some no brand lowering springs on them for 80$, it seemed to help a lot with the ride and look of the car. I also got some SE rims for it.

I got a cheap streeing wheel, it seems to be strong, but we will see how long it will last, also a spin knob.

So cuz my clutch was all messed up I pulled the engine, and I'm replacing all the seals, and when I poped the valve cover off, the in side of the head look brand new.... and looking at the valve, new also... this is when I when to my room and dusted off my old rebuilt AI Research turbo that i never got to use and start my 1st turbo set up.

more to come
xwhitchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links