Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #31
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
It's nice to see the engine coming together! Thanks for the updates!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #32
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah, subscribed.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #33
Quicksilver_s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Quicksilver_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
all i have to say is wow....impressive. very nice build so far
Quicksilver_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #34
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Looking good so far! I am curious to see how you like this set up. I was debating between a 350hp build on my SR and the LS1 swap and went with the LS1 (which still isn't finished >_<). Good luck and keep up the steady progress!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #35
supervenom
BANNED

Trader Rating: (11)
supervenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Man, that is a very nice engine set up bro. Well thought out. Nice way to reach for your goal. You should have engine enough to make massive amounts of power. You made the right choice by going with the z32 tranny. No need to take a chance with the stocker.

I cant wait to see it finished. Im sure the wait will be worth it. Keep us posted.
supervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #36
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

HouseElf is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for all the possitive feedback guys, i love seeing what others have to say about the build! some good news, head should be back from portflow today aswell as my new oversized bearings, so if all goes well the block should be reassembled, (with the exception of all the head components). ill make sure to take plenty of pictures!
HouseElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:35 AM   #37
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

today was yeat another good one!

Portflow fully beast head-

a few oem replacement parts-

aftermarket parts-

i guess the throttle body kind of counts for aftermarket, its a N15 70mm from the pulsar.

i also got in my JWF top feed feul rail the the ID2000's. but i didnt take a picture because it is just a piece of billet lol.

oh yeah one more thing-

the short block is now almost completely done, all i need is my arp main studs, the oem are in for the time being, but will be replaced as soon as the arp studs are in.

and of corse Mikey had to write something on my pistons, in this case just a few words of advice

damn rocker arms hahah, in time this head will be replaced due to the rpm limiters, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Last edited by HouseElf; 08-18-2010 at 09:44 PM..
Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #38
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you have to get the block re-aligned if you put ARP mains in... If it was Aligned with stock mains - you gotta run stock mains - or get it redone.

the studs pull differently on the caps and screws things up... plus u gotta either grind the oil pan or th estud on the back 2.

Remember - it only takes 1 thousandth Out of Round to cause a crank to bind.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #39
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
and of corse Mikey had to write something on my pistons, in this case just a few words of advice

damn rocker arms hahah, in time this head will be replaced due to the rpm limiters, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.[/QUOTE]

you do have to watch out for your rocker arms,but i think hes referring to your pistons speeds.when doing a stroker you have to calculate your safety margin piston speed so you dont over sress your sidewalls.thats the big problem with stroking unless you go with a custom short piston and long rod combo...lookin good man...your pockets have got to be hurtin,o know mine are!!

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #40
Master Chief
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Master Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to allMaster Chief is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very nice build - thumbs up for taking a chance on the BC stroker kit - always thaught about giving it a try, over the other kits on the market.

Good luck with the Sleeves install - who did the machine work and install ?
What bore are you runing there ?

Also, didnt see you mentioned it - but you did GAP the rings, right ? With CP - this is a must, especialy if you are going for big power.
Did you use a torque plate honing and boring the cylinders and for gaping the rings ?

As for the head, i would recomand, while you are at this stage, going the extra mile and going for a solid lifter conversion and double valve springs.
Those SuperTech valves (looks like supertech), are really thin especially on the intake, and they wont react nicely to a broken rocker arm.
The problem would be with hitting the limmiter above 7500.

P.S: You wrote the rods are H beam. Those are actualy I beam.

Good luck !!!
Master Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #41
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
I'm watching this thread as there are not too many people using stroker kits and I'd like to see how it turns out (and ask questions as they come up).

I was toying with the idea of getting a HKS or Tomei kit when I head out to Japan next year (So that gives me a lot of time to figure out if I want to run on, and what would be involved or not).

Anyways thanks for keeping us posted.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #42
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

thanks for all the comments guys, glad to see people enjoying the build. but please lets leave it at that, and let mikey do his thing.

but no i will not be going solid lifters this round, that will happen in time though.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #43
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

sorry for being away for a while guys. been pretty busy with work/the build. but its come pretty far since my last post thats for sure.

brand new, the first set of the new hks cams for the SR.

started cleaning up the engine bay
dirty

then some degreaser

the throttle body had to be modified to fit on the intake manifold

(this is the "adapter plate" they sent, that didnt work at all lol)

and once it was done we realized that th 70mm throttle body was a little to big for the manifold, so we fixed that.

new pump came in

and although i have nothing tomei, its all i have for now

tapped the valve cover for AN fittings

the completed design for the twin in tank denso pumps.

turbo still being clocked

we changed out the oem throttle cable for this one, looks much better, and fits perfectly.

the Jim Wolf fuel rail came with some very strange mounts, that didnt work at all lol. so our fabricator managed to make some new ones, that look a ton better, and actually work.

we put the FPR in a nice location that is pretty hidden, but very easy to see and read if you know where it is.

there are a ton of other things that have happened, just no pictures of them yet. i was very close to going solid lifters, but did the next best thing, not really at liberty to say what, but it sould work out fairly well.

when i first bought the car it had an oil filter relocation kit on it, it had fake AN fittings on it and a VERY small oil filter, so we relocated that along with the GREX oil cooler underneath the passenger side front end, next to the intercooler. we also got a new filter mount that is AN fitted, and it now has a supra filter (and fits 90% of other filters lol)

i am also in the prosses of fixing the front bumper, painting the WORK S2 rims, wet sanding and buffing the paint, as well as restoring the front head lights (done and they look much better)

i also put in the new 3 inch sparco 4 point harness, i had a 2 inch before but decided i needed to upgrade. although i dont have a harness bar or a cage for that matter, i mounted the harness anyway. i know its not safe, but i needed something there.

im sure im forgetting some big things, but ill update if i remember.

well tomorrow we start cleaning up all of the wireing, setting up the coil pack wireing and getting it ready for the HKS DLI. aswell as wireing the ID2000 injectors. then the Fcon vpro 3.3 will go in.

we also still have to finish fabricating the vband downpipe, making the tial waste gate fit ( for some reason the full race manifold has the wastegate pointing strait at the brake booster, so we have to make a pipe to re route it down) then a dump pipe for it. after that all of the intercooler piping needs to be made.

there is a few other things after that regarding the suspension etc.

ill update it as it happens.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #44
altalti
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
altalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Love the build. Wish I could put half the money you have in this thing into mine. Keep it up.
altalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #45
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
man,lookin real good!!!thanx for the updates..

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #46
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I'm surprised how its coming out. Good work and keep it up. Following the thread.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #47
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Wow very impressive and done right! I love quality builds like this..
Old 09-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #48
xiaphin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
xiaphin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xiaphin
I thought i had spent alot of money on my car. hahah Nice very Nice.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #49
DeeJay1337
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
DeeJay1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Good props there bro! Ton of nice work!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #50
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
good god this is awesome!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #51
vegasS12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
vegasS12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i want to see a video when done!
vegasS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #52
endlessboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
endlessboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Holy shit this build is awesome! Keep up the good work!!!
endlessboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #53
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasS12 View Post
i want to see a video when done!
Cosigned! I can't wait to see this up and running!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #54
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
what throtle cable is that? lokar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #55
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Looks pretty sweet.

Although it still baffles me why people use orange RTV. looks like dogs ass and the grey shit works just as well.

Also, needs more VE head :P
Prok0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #56
aled
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Incredible.
Subscribed, keep up the awesome work.
aled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #57
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

sorry for the lack of updates guys, been busy with the build... but the car started, and i drove it a little, but we heard some ticking in the head, turns out when i over revved it that vtec style cam gear and solanoid took a dump so we ordered replacment parts and are now waiting on that, later on ill upload all the pictures of the build so you can see whats been going on with the build.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #58
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

YouTube - Insane speed SR20det 240sx
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #59
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Ah man that sucks to hear But at least you're still moving forward and the end result will be AMAZING!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #60
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Completely ridiculous bro! Very good attention to detail on the entire setup. Engine is beautiful! Lets see some street vids of this thing tearing it up!
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote