Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
in como you can be caught over and over without being taken in, which is kind of cool.
although, in california, apparently it's a max fine of a hundred bucks. hmm.

but yeah, mandatory=mandatory jail time if convicted. so, in my state, you can weasel out of it, in theory.
just like speeding tickets. almost 30 tickets to date, no convictions. go me.
Yeah no mandatory is good. I don't smoke anymore. It just seems like MO doesnt care much lol.

I've never been caught with pot. Because I'm not an idiot. I would get as much as I was going to smoke at that 1 time, then use papers or rellos. No evidence, no paraphernillawafers, nothing.

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand. That is a very interesting map. Whats the tax stamp mean?
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Whats the tax stamp mean?
Originally it was how they made it "illegal." You had to have a tax stamp on the bag to say that you paid your tax on your pot. However if you went to go apply for the stamp you couldn't get one and we're basically waving around a bag of pot in public incriminating yourself.

Now its just another way to add on extra time to your sentence. You wind up with possession and if your judge is a real dick tax evasion.

For more info go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana_Tax_Act_of_1937
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota man View Post
Originally it was how they made it "illegal." You had to have a tax stamp on the bag to say that you paid your tax on your pot. However if you went to go apply for the stamp you couldn't get one and we're basically waving around a bag of pot in public incriminating yourself.

Now its just another way to add on extra time to your sentence. You wind up with possession and if your judge is a real dick tax evasion.

For more info go here: Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ah you see thats what I thought it meant but I figured that it was such an old law that it coundnt be it. Thanks for clarifying that.

History Channel FTW. lol
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
I really think the stop signs are supported by two things.

Not enough for a majority vote...

No way to identify a level of intoxication...

If enough people would support the decriminalization of Marijuana in their own states, then there MIGHT be a chance that the Federal Gov't would follow suite. The problem is that there will always be free loaders and the few that will continue to mess it up for the rest of us. When I think about a nation wide decriminalization, the first image I see, is that of a going out of business sale where everything is 80% off. The switch would be so dramatic. You would have a ton of first time users and abusers, mixed with the ones already abusing the substance. sadly, I feel the day will never come.

My dad once told me he was SURE that Marijuana would be legalized back in the 70's but at last, it never happened.

The other topic to discuss would be the "too high detector." Until someone comes up with a device that could quickly tell an arresting officer that the detained is "too high" we'll be faced with that road block as well.

My advice to all, be smart, don't abuse any substance and for the love of Christ, don't get in trouble high. You're fu*kin up the statistics!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
No way to identify a level of intoxication...
saliva testing is good for 24 hours.

i'm pretty confident the main reason we have no on-the-spot method of testing is because there is no current need for one.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
saliva testing is good for 24 hours.

i'm pretty confident the main reason we have no on-the-spot method of testing is because there is no current need for one.
I agree, but if the case was to be presented, I feel it would go over easier if there was a way.

I've heard of an ounce going for right at $100 but this is low of low. I really feel if it were legalized prices would drop dramatically and then the taxes wouldn't be that noticeable.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
...No way to identify a level of intoxication...

...The other topic to discuss would be the "too high detector." Until someone comes up with a device that could quickly tell an arresting officer that the detained is "too high" we'll be faced with that road block as well...
My assumption would be there would be no need for a "too high detector". Logic would tell me they would treat it similar to driving while under the influence of a controlled substance or medications. Where it wouldn't matter if you smoked one joint or twelve, it impares you ability to think/react which can't really be measured numerically on the spot (blood tests would require you to be taken in etc), but rather gauged by a "sobriety" test. Now they do actually make breathalyzers that can detect the amount of a substance in somebodys system but they are specifically designed for only certain a substance ((ie. Not multiple uses)(marijuana not being one of them)). It would likely qualify as operating while impaired (OWI) or operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI) as opposed to a harsh DUI.