Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #241
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
I'm a bit late to the party, but is this thread still going? I have something that might fit right in here.
Whatever it is, I'd like to see it.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #242
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
another low-ish mileage car on BaT:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-nissan-240sx-4/

in other, less exciting news, I'll be rejoining the S13 club after a 12 year hiatus.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #243
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
another low-ish mileage car on BaT:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-nissan-240sx-4/
Final selling price: $32,750.

[email protected]
Old 08-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #244
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If you needed a reason to preserve these cars here's another one... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...dZ2Vnrpsnn8Ah8

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #245
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
...fucking single slammer...

Put your tinfoil hats on: Do you guys believe this? Couldn't it be a plot to jack prices? If I have $30k in savings, and I give it to my brother to buy my car from me (minus the BaT fee) I just keep the car and sell it under a new name later...?

I really have a hard time believing this. The only other 'econobox' car to fetch north of $20k is the AE chassis and even those top at like $25k.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #246
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...fucking single slammer...

Put your tinfoil hats on: Do you guys believe this? Couldn't it be a plot to jack prices? If I have $30k in savings, and I give it to my brother to buy my car from me (minus the BaT fee) I just keep the car and sell it under a new name later...?

I really have a hard time believing this. The only other 'econobox' car to fetch north of $20k is the AE chassis and even those top at like $25k.
did you read the comments from the two top bidders?

both owned the car in 1990 new, and the winner met his wife in pretty much the exact same car.

not bad for a 30 or 40 year wedding anniversary. I know people that spend way more for way less.

[email protected]
Old 08-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #247
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's amazing what nostalgia and a swollen bank account will make people do.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #248
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:

both owned the car in 1990 new, and the winner met his wife in pretty much the exact same car.

not bad for a 30 or 40 year wedding anniversary. I know people that spend way more for way less.
So touching.

These really are good cars if you take care of them. That's why people that get rid of them always come back to them...

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:58 AM   #249
Getchevyn

Trader Rating: (0)
Getchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just saw the price. Damn, that's a high price to pay for one. Think I need to contact Hagerty insurance for an update.
Getchevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:30 AM   #250
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
yeah. the price is insane for your average person.

for that 1 in a million owner who has a sentimental attachment to that car, its understandable.

I don't see it having that much swing on the already overinflated prices of s-chassis.

in another year or two ZN6 will be cheap enough that its a reasonable alternative to the already picked thin 240 market. Z33/G35 are already cheaper (in many cases) than buying a 240, and IMO a better platform for the price.

but if anyone else has a swollen bank account they need to deplete, i'll sell you my s13 for the low low price of $29,999. *some assembly required*

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #251
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Wow, that is a lot of money. You can still get FD's for that price lmao. I wanna say the winner paid too much, but this is classic BaT.

I'm with brndck, just buy a ZN6 that's lightyears ahead in tech with better aftermarket support at the same curb weight. *vape not included*
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #252
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

I did later on. Still crazy. I sold mine privately for 1/4 the price lol. At any rate, I am happy the car will continue to live a good life.

I am giving it my best effort to keep both S15s. I have a feeling that by the time they can come back I'd be trading evenly for an S13 hatch or Silvia. Who knows. It hasn't even been that long and I miss that hatch life.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #253
Getchevyn

Getchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura about
There were 3 other bidders fighting for it. What was their reasoning? They all couldn't be bidding on it for their wives.
Getchevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:06 PM   #254
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getchevyn View Post
There were 3 other bidders fighting for it. What was their reasoning? They all couldn't be bidding on it for their wives.
One guy seems to be old guy with money (referenced college/med school in a 1979 Midget)

Another seems to just bid on old cars with a cap around $20k

The main 3 bidders seemed to all have owned zenki red hatches at some point in their lives.

I would probably do the same for a 1993 manual SE coupe with no sunroof and HUD windshield.... but I've already done it for a different white S13.

[email protected]
Old 08-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #255
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...and of course all the hotboi pages are picking it up. motherfuckers, if you are so worried about this insane example jacking up prices, STOP GIVING THE STORY EXPOSURE.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:03 PM   #256
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Ultimately speaking, this will only move the exceptional cars up and the rest of the drivel will stay low-ish. It's kinda nuts that my low-mile, rare color combo M3 could be equal in value to a low-mile S-chassis, though.

Has anyone found a perfect or near-perfect automotive tweed that matches the stock upholstery?
Old 09-10-2020, 09:11 PM   #257
EthanR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
EthanR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EthanR
Just picked this thing up!

I've been saying for a few years now that I've just wanted to get a stock s13 to go full-boomer on and I finally got this one. Last registration was in '03. Put a new clutch safety button thing on it and it started right up.

Just started to daily drive it for the next month until I buy a new truck. I've never seen an s-chassis this stock, ever. Still has the stock radio and shift knob. Near mint interior besides carpet. Super happy to have it and keep it how it is.

Last edited by EthanR; 09-10-2020 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Im an idiot who cant embed photos
EthanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #258
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanR View Post

I've been saying for a few years now that I've just wanted to get a stock s13 to go full-boomer on and I finally got this one. Last registration was in '03. Put a new clutch safety button thing on it and it started right up.

Just started to daily drive it for the next month until I buy a new truck. I've never seen an s-chassis this stock, ever. Still has the stock radio and shift knob. Near mint interior besides carpet. Super happy to have it and keep it how it is.
Nice!!!!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #259
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanR View Post

Infinitely jealous. I can't even find a nice hatch here. I frequently check the current state of the SChassis market and it feels like they are running low on good cars :/
Old 09-15-2020, 09:52 PM   #260
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Will get this car imported and registered in the next 30 days. Will also probably be my last fun car, ever, if I can help it.

Less than 58k miles.

[email protected]
Old 09-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #261
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Both of my cars are OEM+ but too ugly to post here. lol
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:36 PM   #262
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Semi-annual Zilvia login.

Poke around, read some things, look at some photos, become sad.

Find this thread.
Immediately feel better.

Last edited by DrftKingIII; 10-21-2020 at 09:07 PM..
DrftKingIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #263
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The steering wheel's on the correct side too!
Old 10-22-2020, 11:20 PM   #264
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I am settling in at my new place...and I want another Schassis...err..Rchassis...that's good enough to post here...
Old 11-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #265
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-nissan-240sx-16/

Here we go....

[email protected]
Old 11-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #266
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

I couldn't stand looking at the brown dash all day, but I think we'll see bidders who certainly can.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #267
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Dude that's THE BEST color combo.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:08 AM   #268
ch7794

ch7794 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool that it's a PA car so no holes in the front bumper for the plate. And that one for 30k looked like it had surface rust all underneath?? Maybe just dirty.
ch7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #269
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch7794 View Post
Cool that it's a PA car so no holes in the front bumper for the plate. And that one for 30k looked like it had surface rust all underneath?? Maybe just dirty.
the $32k car sold for nostalgia reasons + 2 bidders wanting the same car, not because of the condition of the car.

the PA car was undervalued because 1) the seller probably though he can get $20k+ for it, and 2) the color combination isn't highly desired. having said that, the car had the handling package and is completely stock, so at least the appetite for the car is there.

[email protected]
Old 12-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #270
T240guy

T240guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Great thread here. I have pics of mine on another phone. I'll try to post them tonight. Mine is a 92 coupe with factory jade green paint and working hud. My list of mods are:

Eibach pro kit
Energy suspension master kit
Energy suspension subframe bushings
Kyb adjustables
Cheap 16x9 wheels
Cross drilled rotors and hawk pads on stock brake system.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
T240guy is offline   Reply With Quote