Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-07-2022, 08:06 AM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I think There are no KA engines left ?!

A complete gently used 5.3L is cheaper than a valve cover from the original 2.4

Cars with truck LS engines are cheaper to maintain than the original 4-cylinder?!

Nissan needs to start making sr20 engines again. Thats all I hear
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2022, 08:32 AM   #2
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I think There are no KA engines left ?!

Nissan needs to start making sr20 engines again. Thats all I hear
Not trying to derail this thread. I'm sure you guys are already hearing me complain about how you used to be able to get 4-5 complete KA's for $1000, back in the good OL' days. Yes my knees & back hurt.

I looked through Mav1178's group buy spreadsheet and I think you should too.

Group buy thread:
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=673437

Spreadsheet of parts:
https://bit.ly/2WPSqNd

Lines 172 & 173 lists the S13 and S14 longblocks for $12,000. Doesn't list it as a stop production either.

Obviously your landed costs will be more, but it's there.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:52 PM   #3
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
A complete gently used 5.3L is cheaper than a valve cover from the original 2.4

Cars with truck LS engines are cheaper to maintain than the original 4-cylinder?!
Not gonna lie this is my next possible route.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I was about to say. If Greddy really wants us to speak with our wallets make something that KA people actually need, i.e. oil pump.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:52 PM   #5
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I was about to say. If Greddy really wants us to speak with our wallets make something that KA people actually need, i.e. oil pump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
YES.

Also an oil pan for the same reason. All the old GT3 race KAs just ran dry sump, but a properly baffled, extended capacity pan would have real value. Edit: I guess xcessive has that market covered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
However, it is very cool. I do agree that a QUALITY replacement front cover with a better oil pump set up would be much more worth the R&D.
then just post this feedback on the Greddy page if you want to get their attention.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote