Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
jarredd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jarredd will become famous soon enoughjarredd will become famous soon enoughjarredd will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Tuner shops in Socal?

I am hoping to locate some tuner shops in southern California. I have done some searches, but what I am mostly looking for is recommendations. Has anyone personally dealt with any shops in Socal... I am primarily looking for places that install motors/trannys/ and parts of the ilk....

Please post up any shops you can think of, and also if you have dealt with them, what was it like???

Thanks people!

Jarred
jarredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (52)
Jimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Foothill Automotive in Glendora, CA

I'd recommend Pat (owner) to anybody. Motor swaps, full cages, does not matter, he is actually the head mechanic for Team Allstars and the cosworth MX-5's. The guy is a badass.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
CusCo_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud ofCusCo_S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Corner3 Garage

this might be alittle closer . nothing to m car,but other cars they do it all
from car maintenece, motorswaps, cages. really chill shop.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
G Dimensions, is one of the best in Socal for 240s hands down.

But I would also recommend Steve Shadows of Shadowerks.com

I am going to get my car tuned by Steve this weekend. Baseline was done at DSR Norcal on DynoJet, so I want to see what Steve can do in Socal.

PFC DJetro with DW 600cc
GT2871R .86
HKS 264 Step1 CAMS
Stock IM/EXM
and the rest is modded too.... but this makes the most difference.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
jarredd
Zilvia Member

jarredd will become famous soon enoughjarredd will become famous soon enoughjarredd will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the feedback guys... I really appreciate it. I am hoping to build a relationship with a reputable shop...
jarredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Driftspeed in los alimitos hands down. Nothing but high end work at great value. The knowledge of running their racecars is very benefitial to consumers because they apply their knowledge. I think they have a deal on tuning power FC's right now at 250 dollars !!! which is unheard of. Their tuner is top notch with power fc's. I believe he was the tuner at xs engineering when they were the only certified power fc tuner back in the days.

They can go from mild to wild as you can see from their race cars. Always running without skipping a beat making globs of power.

Their engine builder knows the ins and outs of an sr and again is proven by their race cars. They pretty much have the all around shop to go to. From alignments to tire mounting to engine building to tuning.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
mangoes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
All the shops mentioned in this thread are great, can't go wrong with any of them. I personally recommend, G-Dimension, they do great work. They can build your whole car up, tune it, whatever you need =). James is great, everyone there is knowledgeable and get things done in a timely manner. Also, Alex Pfeiffer works out of their shop too so he can fab up whatever you need =).

Outside Family
mangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Pep-Boys has a great deal on JDM wings.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
smoothlinez in el monte ask for rick
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
come to us, we will take care of you.
Japanese Engine Racing and Development

14905 Dillow St, Westminster, CA 92683
Phone: (714) 890-9207
Fax: (714) 903-0604

ask for linh, tell him you know phil
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
RACETUNE
Zilvia Member

RACETUNE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RACETUNE
Check out Garage BOSO!!
*The only 2.4L SR20DET running in the Formula Drift Pro Series 2007-2008-2009
*Built and Tuned all the Falken Tires SR20DET Powered Pro Drift cars.
*Tuning Experience: Motec, Apexi Power FC, HKS VPro, AEM EMS, Haltech.

Garage BOSO
123 E.Gardena Blvd. Suite C
Gardena, Ca. 90248
310-715-1380
Garage BOSO

-Frank@GarageBOSO
Old 05-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
ro240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
ro240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sideways Performance on main/warner in santa ana
ask for Spencer. great shop and value.
ro240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
come to us, we will take care of you.
Japanese Engine Racing and Development

14905 Dillow St, Westminster, CA 92683
Phone: (714) 890-9207
Fax: (714) 903-0604

ask for linh, tell him you know phil

+1

msglength
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:55 AM   #14
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACETUNE View Post
Check out Garage BOSO!!
*The only 2.4L SR20DET running in the Formula Drift Pro Series 2007-2008-2009
*Built and Tuned all the Falken Tires SR20DET Powered Pro Drift cars.
*Tuning Experience: Motec, Apexi Power FC, HKS VPro, AEM EMS, Haltech.

Garage BOSO
123 E.Gardena Blvd. Suite C
Gardena, Ca. 90248
310-715-1380
Garage BOSO

-Frank@GarageBOSO

these guys are good, don't forget to ask anthony to wash your car for you....
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
i dont now if your still looking 4 a shop but drift tech is great there in vista and ive taken my s13 to them when i needed big work done. good people
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #16
rhds13crux
Leaky Injector

rhds13crux is an unknown quantity at this point
garage boso and corner3 garage off lake forest ask for nemo
rhds13crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Or of course signal auto in torrance I think .... great work but baller expensive.

Isn't autoproduce boss out there too somewhere?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #18
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i was really impressed by Impulse Engineering when i went to get my car dynoed there. really big shop and very clean. the people were awesome too.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #19
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarredd View Post
I am hoping to locate some tuner shops in southern California. I have done some searches, but what I am mostly looking for is recommendations. Has anyone personally dealt with any shops in Socal... I am primarily looking for places that install motors/trannys/ and parts of the ilk....

Please post up any shops you can think of, and also if you have dealt with them, what was it like???

Thanks people!

Jarred
Hi My name is Steve K. and I do Dyno Tuning for all Nissan and BMW applications in the socal area.

My phone is 562 331 7039 - my site is in my signiture if you want to click on it.

My shop/dyno location is actually owned by a friend of mine Mike Kondo.

Mike has built several SR20DET motors for dyno customers and we have spent our time re-freshing or rebuilding motors that have not been done properly by other local shops or dyno tuning ones that were not exactly tuned properly (cough shops that start with "G") ... Unfortunately most of our work is spent fixing other shops half-assed or poorly performed "tuning service" or rebuilding.

If I named them some of your jaws would drop...but you have to remember for a lot of shops it's their only business. For me this is something I do on the side and I provide it as a service to people who should never have to go through the things I did initially when I first started racing (namly shop dishonesty and swindling as well as low quality work / money)

Between the two of us (Engine building and mechanical work - Mike) and dyno dynamics tuning for all EMS (Myself) it's pretty much a one stop shop for serious engine work on your car.

For suspension and wheels/alignment/tires I suggest some other local shops but for serious tire busting and engine screaming I might be able to help.

I still have a discount running for zilvia memberfs for the rest of June as well (Full EMS Tuning session) 550 USD (regularly 650)