Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Natedoggsk8

Trader Rating: (0)
Natedoggsk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rb25 s2 running very rich an no power

I have an rb25 in my s14. stock turbo, isis intake manifold, big front mount, q45 throttle body, open exhaust and downpipe with a Mines ecu. Recently replaced the plugs, oilchange, and an over all visual check up. I bought this car in april with all these mods and all the work already done. I havnt changed a thing accept what i've mentioned engine wise.

Tonite as I was driving somewhere I decided to light up the tires get the car a little sideways, nothing big really but as I straightened out the car died. I cranked it back up and it didnt want to stay idle. I give it some gas and decide to just start going cuz the car does this from time to time once warmed up. As I start to go I can only barely hit the gas without it bucking and sputtering ( basicly running terrible ). when I pull over in a parking lot I turn the car off, collect my thoughts then cranked it back up. It barely wants to idle but it will and I walk to the back of my car and I smell gasoline bad and see a bunch of black smoke. I go under the hood and nothing visibly has changed. I'm really not sure where to begin. I went back earlier after searching the forums for ideas. I tried to crank it and it seemed to run fine for about 1-2 secs then died. Cranked it again and it was back to the way it was. I know one thing is for sure that the new spark plugs I put in were gapped to .28 as I always have done but I'm pretty sure after the short trip to that parking lot after this occured that I need new plugs or need to clean these. It was sending black smoke out the exhaust and the smell of gasoline very strong
Natedoggsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
godsmack
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
godsmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you check to see if you had a boost leak?
godsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Josh400
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Josh400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nate, did you ever find out the problem? I'm having the same issue. One guy is telling me it's a tune issue but I'm leaning more towards something else.
Josh400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
bvr463
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bvr463 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if you popped off one of your boost pipes, it will do that. It happened to me before. Go check that and your maf. Make sure everything is sealed good
bvr463 is offline   Reply With Quote