Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #961
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush
ive ran a 225/40 on 11.5 as it was all i had laying around at home on the day and needed to drive to the workshop

shit fell off first slide i did...
hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #962
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i was skeptical at first but ive been running a 225/45 on a 10.5j at -4.5 camber for like 6 months (been going through different tires but kept the same size). and they have been just fine.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #963
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Why run a 9.5 inch wheel if you only have 7 inches of usable tread?
Because I can't afford 11 inch wheels yet haha.
Eh I don't really care about any kind of performance, my 240 will never be a track car, it makes me happy how it is.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #964
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Well +1 for that. To many people ask what the SHOULD do to their cars instead of what makes them happy.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #965
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
i was skeptical at first but ive been running a 225/45 on a 10.5j at -4.5 camber for like 6 months (been going through different tires but kept the same size). and they have been just fine.
Sounds like you should get an alignment.

Have you checked your toe?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #966
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
redo, night shots were mad stupid

boooyeah! next shots are action shots
what kit is that??? Hella nice..
Old 03-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #967
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush
works9 s14a aero - ballertown
hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #968
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam

msg length
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #969
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaflush View Post
works9 s14a aero - ballertown
ahhh thank you +++
Old 03-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #970
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Sounds like you should get an alignment.

Have you checked your toe?
my car is actually somewhat aligned.

well, the camber is maxed outwards on stock RUCAs, which comes out to about -4.5 degrees. toe is at 0.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #971
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

e30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura about
People always say that toe is the real tire killer. I figure with that much camber though, your are getting fairly bad tire life right?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #972
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

with toe at 0 my tires are just fine.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 AM   #973
PRVOKE

PRVOKE will become famous soon enoughPRVOKE will become famous soon enoughPRVOKE will become famous soon enoughPRVOKE will become famous soon enough
17x10 +17 --25mm spacer
235/45

PRVOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #974
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Let chatter and less hate for stretched tires for wheel fitment please.

If you want to bitch at stretched tires, do it via PMs or don't type at all.

If you want to bitch about toe settings or camber killing tires, please do it over PM or don't type at all.

If you want to ask what kit Johny5 has on his S14, please do it via the "Identify this" thread.

Honestly, these topics didn't just get created last night, they've been here for MONTHS as stickies at the top, and unless all you idiots failed 2nd grade reading comprehension, I'm pretty sure the thread titles are pretty self explanatory.

The "wheel fitment thread" is exactly that, for wheel fitments, not for you to bitch about people's stretches and shit. If you don't have anything constructive to add, please reevaluate your post before you hit that post button.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #975
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
hmmmm guess u stretch too , r we in cuba?

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #976
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30cabrio View Post
People always say that toe is the real tire killer. I figure with that much camber though, your are getting fairly bad tire life right?
you can get somewhat even wear if you swap your tires over. (swap left over to right, vise versa.)
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #977
badrifter
Leaky Injector

badrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of lightbadrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Im not sure if this is up to this threads standards but here goes..........
18*9 +20 24540 rear/ 18*8 +20 225/40 front......minor pull int the rear w/ about 2mm clearance with fender when i hit a bump

Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #978
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyZ33 View Post
Not my Z but thought I'd share some stuff from my fellow Z buddies.

everyone has been drooling over this pic and waiting for this bastard to post more pics!! Sunken front wheel tho

I picked my car up last week, they didnt fix it to my standards so i gave it back. here are some more crappy pics. ive got a 15mm spacer waiting for the front to make it +5 so ill keep you guys posted. when she presentable ill get real nice pics up i promise.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #979
sfljdmej2
Leaky Injector

sfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enough
i wanted to ask... you guys think a 17x10 +18 would fit up front on my s13 with camber and rolled/lightly pulled fenders,please dont bash on me for asking.figuered since this is the fitment thread.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #980
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaland9 View Post
I picked my car up last week, they didnt fix it to my standards so i gave it back. here are some more crappy pics. ive got a 15mm spacer waiting for the front to make it +5 so ill keep you guys posted. when she presentable ill get real nice pics up i promise.
18x9 +5 with a 235/40-18 fit perfect on the front of a z imo
Old 03-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #981
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post
18x9 +5 with a 235/40-18 fit perfect on the front of a z imo
the fronts are 19x10+5 with a 255/30
Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #982
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaland9 View Post
the fronts are 19x10+5 with a 255/30
It will prolly sit like the rears then.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #983
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfljdmej2 View Post
i wanted to ask... you guys think a 17x10 +18 would fit up front on my s13 with camber and rolled/lightly pulled fenders,please dont bash on me for asking.figuered since this is the fitment thread.
No. It'll hit the coilovers without a spacer.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:53 AM   #984
sfljdmej2
Leaky Injector

sfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
No. It'll hit the coilovers without a spacer.
i figuered!! you think a 5mm would clear it
Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #985
1985zcar
Zilvia Member

1985zcar is making a name for him/her self1985zcar is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 1985zcar
It should. I've got 18x10 +20 up front with a 15mm spacer, and it looks like I've got about 10ish mm up front to play with. Either a 5 or 8mm spacer should clear it fine.
1985zcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #986
s14gj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
s14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant futures14gj has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
put my new back wheels on today

18x10.5 +17 offset with a 5mm spacer
235x40x18 tires

s14gj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #987
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985zcar View Post
It should. I've got 18x10 +20 up front with a 15mm spacer, and it looks like I've got about 10ish mm up front to play with. Either a 5 or 8mm spacer should clear it fine.
not on an s13.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #988
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread

18x9 +17.

225-40-18

Stock fender

Camber : unknown, but slotted holes on bottom bracket maxed outwards (positive), camber plates maxed inwards (negative). I'll fix that later on to get a bit more camber
Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #989
Garage Sokudo
Leaky Injector

Garage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really nice
Chucked on my rear pair of 18x10 +24 SSR Vienna's on the front to see if they would fit, surprisingly they did.
They sit a little Mexican but with not that much camber. I think with a smaller tire (keep in mind they are 245 on a 10")(225/40/18? 235/40/18?), camber, guard work and a little lower they should sit fine. I tested it lock to lock and no rubbing (obviously will be a lot different once driving).
Here are the photos:

Old 03-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #990
xxchurroxx
Zilvia Member

xxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to beholdxxchurroxx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to xxchurroxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxchurroxx
FRONT: 17x9 +0 235/40/17; st115s; -3.2/5 camber; roll/crappy 30mm pull that shouldn't have been attempted
REAR: 18x10.5 +15 245/40/18; st115s; -2.7 camber; roll/slight pull

v-mount ftmfw.
xxchurroxx is offline   Reply With Quote