Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #2761
s14zenkika24de

Trader Rating: (0)
s14zenkika24de is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey wat up guys does any one know where i can get those long rear view mirrors i saw them at the meets but i dont want the one that is divided into section i want the one thats just one piece long mirror any one know?
s14zenkika24de is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 AM   #2762
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
its called a wink mirror you can get em all over the place.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #2763
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
I have a 3 piece rim that is leaking air from an area where the pieces bolt up. The bolts are tightened. Will it be okay to seal it up from the inside with some sort of RTV or other sealant? Or is there another way to fix this? I'd hate to toss out the rim.
bump for help?!

Last edited by VNG704; 09-15-2010 at 07:47 AM..
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #2764
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14zenkika24de View Post
hey wat up guys does any one know where i can get those long rear view mirrors i saw them at the meets but i dont want the one that is divided into section i want the one thats just one piece long mirror any one know?
ebay has them real cheap.
its called broad view.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #2765
s14zenkika24de

s14zenkika24de is an unknown quantity at this point
alright kool thanx
s14zenkika24de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #2766
sdterrible1
Zilvia Member

sdterrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got a super squeaky clutch pedal (s14 kouki) that does not return all the way back. I have to put my foot under the pedal to pull it all the way back. Its just a little but, but its annoying. I tried spraying some white lithium grease on the spring. Nothing happened.

Thinking it maybe a bad clutch master? Any ideas?
sdterrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #2767
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
^Not returning? Did this just start happening? It could be a slave problem or a line(rare) problem also. If you are going to replace one thing, i highly recommend you just shell out the dough and get a brand new master, steel braided line, and slave. Not hard to replace all. You dont want something blowing and forcing you to clutchless shift to get wherever youre going.

dont know about the squeak..
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #2768
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
anyone think this set up is safe?
s15 T28 @ 14psi(too much for stock headgasket?) or should i do 12-13psi?
stock redtop
480cc injectors
n60 maf
fmic
electric cutout at downpipe
getting dyno tuned by EMANCE
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #2769
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
bump for help?!
well, splitting the rim isnt TOO hard of a thing to do, so you can mark off the rim spots, ie put a like down the back of the rim and then 2 dots on the front with sharpie (whipes off with acetone and doesnt mess rim up)

split the rim by tapping with a rubber mallet, clean the sealant that runs around the entire rim (black rtv is fine for this) then place a SMALL bead across the entire rim and bolt up for a nice seal. The small bead is small, i mean like ~2mm width across the whole thing, dont overkill

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2800468
half way down the page, itll have before and after pictures of the rim lips, the 3 paragraph text after that is what you should read. This helped me out so much, i love this guy for it.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #2770
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
well, splitting the rim isnt TOO hard of a thing to do, so you can mark off the rim spots, ie put a like down the back of the rim and then 2 dots on the front with sharpie (whipes off with acetone and doesnt mess rim up)

split the rim by tapping with a rubber mallet, clean the sealant that runs around the entire rim (black rtv is fine for this) then place a SMALL bead across the entire rim and bolt up for a nice seal. The small bead is small, i mean like ~2mm width across the whole thing, dont overkill

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2800468
half way down the page, itll have before and after pictures of the rim lips, the 3 paragraph text after that is what you should read. This helped me out so much, i love this guy for it.
thanks! i'll get on it this weekend, probably. Will update when I'm done.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #2771
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
will the t25 on the blacktop sr bolt right up to the t25 on the redtop oil fittings and all? im asking because i read in several different posts that the compressor wheel and exhaust housing is different then i read its the same so i need to clarify this up thanks in advance guys
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #2772
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ive got a quick, slightly noob, question. whats the difference between the ngk iridium BKR5E and the BKR6E/BKR7E spark plugs? i think the 6e's and 7e's are the colder versions or something but what does that mean? and how do they affect engine performance as opposed to the 5e's?

thanks
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #2773
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
ive got a quick, slightly noob, question. whats the difference between the ngk iridium BKR5E and the BKR6E/BKR7E spark plugs? i think the 6e's and 7e's are the colder versions or something but what does that mean? and how do they affect engine performance as opposed to the 5e's?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
If the tip of the spark plug is too hot it can cause pre-ignition leading to detonation/knocking and damage may occur. If it is too cold, electrically conductive deposits may form on the insulator causing a loss of spark energy or the actual shorting-out of the spark current.
google works wonders.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #2774
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I always get a loud clicking noise whenever my window is up (passenger side). Sounds like the glass is moving around, or something, I'm not sure. It goes away as soon as I lower the window. I took the door panel off and tightened some of the nuts on the rack but it didn't do anything. Any ideas?
Any help is appreciated dudes!

Thanks.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:03 AM   #2775
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
If I'm in neutral and I rev the motor to about 5 grand for kicks and let off but hear no BOV, but when I'm driving I can hear the BOV for sure 2nd gear and on, what does this indicate if anything at all? Good or bad? Normal? I'm not too sure about 1st gear while driving but just going off the top of my head since I'm on deployment right now at the moment.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #2776
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPKMotorsports3 View Post
will the t25 on the blacktop sr bolt right up to the t25 on the redtop oil fittings and all? im asking because i read in several different posts that the compressor wheel and exhaust housing is different then i read its the same so i need to clarify this up thanks in advance guys
all t25s from SRs are interchangable between s13 sr20s...red or black top. What you're misunderstanding is the s14(edit: also s15) black top sr20, which has the t28. Where you'll need clocking adapters to make fit on an s13 sr20 because the inlet and outlets are angled slightly different. And the stock cooling lines will need to be bent to make fit, although aftermarket braided lines are recommended for ease of install. And who wants bent hard lines anyway?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #2777
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
all t25s from SRs are interchangable between s13 sr20s...red or black top. What you're misunderstanding is the s14 black top sr20, which has the t28. Where you'll need clocking adapters to make fit on an s13 sr20 because the inlet and outlets are angled slightly different. And the stock cooling lines will need to be bent to make fit, although aftermarket braided lines are recommended for ease of install. And who wants bent hard lines anyway?
true thanks man i appreciate it...
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #2778
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
google works wonders.
ok so I understand what happens under those two extremes. which plug would you suggest for a stock untampered-with ka? does either one have a more positive influence on engine performance?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #2779
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
ok so I understand what happens under those two extremes. which plug would you suggest for a stock untampered-with ka? does either one have a more positive influence on engine performance?
If its a stock engine, just go with whatever is recommended from factory. There are no gains to be had from spark plugs on a stock motor (none noticeable anyway). Buy the OEM heat range in a copper NGK plug. When you buy any other material (read: more expensive), you are paying for added longevity, not better performance. Coppers perform just fine, and cost a reasonable amount. Iridium and Platinum is (IMO) a waste of money.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #2780
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
i'd recommend these:

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/34287...omgwtfbbq.html

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #2781
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

awesome. thanks guys
Old 09-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #2782
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
If I'm in neutral and I rev the motor to about 5 grand for kicks and let off but hear no BOV, but when I'm driving I can hear the BOV for sure 2nd gear and on, what does this indicate if anything at all? Good or bad? Normal? I'm not too sure about 1st gear while driving but just going off the top of my head since I'm on deployment right now at the moment.
in order for the turbo to spool...you have to build boost before the wastegate opens. in order for the blow off valve to make a noise, you have to release pressure.

right now your in nuetral.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #2783
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
How often does APO ship stuff out everyday/once a week?

If it matters it's the APO at Yokota Air Base Japan.

Because all I get when I enter the tracking number is
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 4:40 pm on September 11, 2010 in APO, AP 96326. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Thanks

Last edited by Charlie; 09-16-2010 at 06:18 PM..
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #2784
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i got a s13 RHD front clip(no motor) for sale dash is ok everything is there i was wondering how much it would sell for.
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #2785
Wake
Premium Member

You would probably have better luck, or at least make more money, by parting it out.
Like if it has DCC I would most likely take all the needed pieces and a lot of the gauge cluster surround and buttons and shit.
Then you may find someone that wants the firewall or wiring harness or other things needed for a RHD swap.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #2786
VIPCefiro
Leaky Injector

VIPCefiro is making a name for him/her selfVIPCefiro is making a name for him/her self
Originally started this in a new thread but found this thread so I'm gonna post it here in hopes of better luck since I was the jackass trying to clutter up the board. Gomenei.

I have less than 24 hrs to decide but after exhaustive research (lol) I have come down to 2 choices for my SR S13.

1) 5Zigen ProRacer ZZ

or

2) Rsr Ex-Mag

Basically picked these 2 because I need a quiet exhaust that allows me to hear myself think cuz I'm not getting any younger. My current exhaust drones my cabin so much that I have a headache every time I step out of the car. Both have 80mm piping and are full stainless set-ups, the 5zigen having the better corrosion resistant steel for the main piping (SUS436) vs the RSR's full SUS304 . Both should be relatively quiet. I can get the RSR for $50 cheaper overall shipped to me. The RSR is next to impossible to find, so I'm tempted to pick that one up on account of being able to find one for sale. I tried searching for info on any zilvians with a proracer zz but couldn't come up with any threads. Lookwise I think the 5zigen is better, but can't deny the legendary status of the RSR for 'best stealth exhaust'.

Unknowns to me:
Is one exhaust heavier than the other?
Is one exhaust a higher quality than the other?

Please don't try to suggest any other exhausts (Blitz TT Realize, Megan, Apexi Noir, Hybrid Megaphone) as I've already read about all those so I just need feedback and opinions on either one of these exhausts so I can make a decision by tomorrow morning. Appreciate the help in advance. Was hoping to find a fellow zilvian that has any experience with the 5Zigen Proracer ZZ set-up to give some input as I have read all the great things about the RSR.
VIPCefiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #2787
Wake
Premium Member

DUDE

just get the RS-R and call it a day. Done and Done
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #2788
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post
stock redtop
480cc injectors
n60 maf
fmic
BUMP for some help..please
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #2789
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
All the bottom clips of my s14 shift boot trim broke and obvious wont hold my shift boot anymore. Any other alternatives to make it hold? thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #2790
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post
stock redtop
480cc injectors
n60 maf
fmic
That looks good, although there are a few things I'd add to it. Nismo thermostat, Aluminum radiator, stainless steel turbo lines. 14lbs should be fine for stock head gasket.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote