Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #3661
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i guess the only bad part would be if you already bought some DLC. other than that i'd say its a good buy if you care about both the extra cars and tracks.

down to try and tandem on the go-kart arena when you get it and if available? i havnt spent the time to look though it more. just got one lap on the new tracks down and thats all the game time i had.

-Akiyu_Nao
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #3662
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP-AE86 View Post
i guess the only bad part would be if you already bought some DLC. other than that i'd say its a good buy if you care about both the extra cars and tracks.

down to try and tandem on the go-kart arena when you get it and if available? i havnt spent the time to look though it more. just got one lap on the new tracks down and thats all the game time i had.

-Akiyu_Nao

I sure didn't buy anything before.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #3663
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection

I will leave this here.

Happy Birthday GT5
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #3664
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

oh shit. look what i found. xD
its legit!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #3665
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Omg those things are annoying now though ... everyone has em in every room i go into ... its like they are just everywhere !!!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #3666
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

at least everyone will know everyone with that car will be on the same page. no tuning at all other than tire choice.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #3667
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

So i've put my rig together and started messing around... i've been having trouble with sliding any car around most corners.

my thing is i can't get a feel for how much grip-slip ratio the rear has compared to the front and how much countersteer i need to adjust for throttle input. i've tried 1 or 2 setups from gtplanets "drift settings-for steering wheels" and was messing with the ballast weight and placement (learned that from RC Drifting) but still cant hold a solid line..

the cars i like to use are the TOM'S Chaser, the Gran Tursimo 350z and the S13 on the screen. i have had a little bit of luck with the AE86 SS version though.

any of you guys make any suggestions? or car setup tips?
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #3668
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Shit... I need tips on making the Ruf BTR stick. Car looks so awesome but drives like shit.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #3669
Nismocoupe13
Leaky Injector

Nismocoupe13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post

So i've put my rig together and started messing around... i've been having trouble with sliding any car around most corners.

my thing is i can't get a feel for how much grip-slip ratio the rear has compared to the front and how much countersteer i need to adjust for throttle input. i've tried 1 or 2 setups from gtplanets "drift settings-for steering wheels" and was messing with the ballast weight and placement (learned that from RC Drifting) but still cant hold a solid line..

the cars i like to use are the TOM'S Chaser, the Gran Tursimo 350z and the S13 on the screen. i have had a little bit of luck with the AE86 SS version though.

I really like your setup there. I just recently got the g27 and have been trying to think of ways to make my own stand without spending just as much as the wheel itself. Do you have any other pics that you can show? Sorry if this is jumping off topic, setup is pretty decent.
Nismocoupe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #3670
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Ill have to look through my pm's on gt planet. i have plans for it. but i recently changed the seat mount section, so its just the tees and a couple sections of pipe. its schedule 40 2" pipe and fittings. i think aprox. cost was im guessing 150$-200$ with hardware to make it so i can take it apart for storage.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #3671
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Sim i agree!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #3672
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

heres a shot of the seat mount before.

now its a piece of plywood on top of a frame made of 2x4s, that bolt to the pipe on the sides.

found a pic of the whole thing.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #3673
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
^^ Sweet. That helped me drift better on Tsukuba.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #3674
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Chuki_KA24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post

Good to see I'm not the only one rocking the gearbox on the left...
Chuki_KA24e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #3675
GT Motion
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
GT Motion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The guy who won the GT Academy drives an S13 sil coupe lol
GT Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #3676
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Is anyone else like me that wont turn off the ps3 till he gets that perfect drift run?

Also, today I drifted the GT86 for the first time, not sure if it's my setup or just the car, but that thing is nuts. Is the BRZ better though, because I skipped the last couple updates because my internet is too slow to download them?
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #3677
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Is anyone else like me that wont turn off the ps3 till he gets that perfect drift run?

Also, today I drifted the GT86 for the first time, not sure if it's my setup or just the car, but that thing is nuts. Is the BRZ better though, because I skipped the last couple updates because my internet is too slow to download them?
I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but the BRZ more balanced when grip driving as opposed to the drift-happy FRS/GT86 just like how the reviews are in reality. With that said, I have each of them tuned up for each style of driving haha.

I'm the type to not turn it off until I meet that goal of a time for fastest lap. Usually it's the 'Ring.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #3678
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but the BRZ more balanced when grip driving as opposed to the drift-happy FRS/GT86 just like how the reviews are in reality. With that said, I have each of them tuned up for each style of driving haha.

I'm the type to not turn it off until I meet that goal of a time for fastest lap. Usually it's the 'Ring.
Thanks for the info
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #3679
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
My new hotness: 500pp street cars on the Ring at midnight. Some real Initial D shit right there. Most come into my lounge, see how dark it is and immediately leave...lol
Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #3680
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
My new hotness: 500pp street cars on the Ring at midnight. Some real Initial D shit right there. Most come into my lounge, see how dark it is and immediately leave...lol
I'd be down to try that out. I've done enough laps on it digitally to have most of it memorized. Not suer what our time differences are though, or even if my connection will be speedy enough.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #3681
simmode1
Post Whore!

Cool. I'm pretty sure I've already got you on my friends list. Running the Nurb at night with nothing but your headlights is the closest Turismo has gotten to actual mountain/canyon racing. Would be cool if there was maybe a little moon light, but its still really cool like it is. Maybe the moon might be visible if I try some times earlier than midnight...
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #3682
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Yea I'm pretty sure I do, what's your name on there again? I'll try to lurk on there this weekend.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #3683
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Also, what tire restrictions do you usually run? I wanna get some practice in so hopefully I won't punt anyone off the track.

Edit: Call me crazy, but why can't I find where to buy rain tires?

Last edited by LoneStarSilvia; 12-20-2012 at 09:17 AM..
LoneStarSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #3684
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'm turbo_angoleiro and I'll be on tonight. Holla!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #3685
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Also, what tire restrictions do you usually run? I wanna get some practice in so hopefully I won't punt anyone off the track.

Edit: Call me crazy, but why can't I find where to buy rain tires?
comes with any race tires you purchase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I'm turbo_angoleiro and I'll be on tonight. Holla!
i'm on tonight. i havnt tandemed with anyone familliar. gran turismo is starting to become really lame to play online... too many douchebags.

does anyone do full lap suzuka east anymore? i hate the double backing.
I like holding longest drift contests with the japanese even though they are flying fast. At least i'm somewhat up to par with every 86 i meet now that I finally bothered to slap a wing on it...

Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #3686
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'll be on today. I'm not sure I have your PSN, but I see it there in your pic, so I'll add you if I haven't already.

Also, I mainly grip race. I do drift but I doubt I'm near your skill level so be patient if we tandem. Gonna have to bring my A game...lol
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #3687
simmode1
Post Whore!

Raced in a room with disabled ABS tonight. Locking up my brakes in every corner was frustrating as fuck. And playing pussyfoot with the brakes felt equally dumb. So it occurred to me: Why don't I just make my brakes less grabby? That way I can continue to slam on them like I already do but the lack of force will make it harder to lock up & start sliding!

Fucking Success. I now understand driving with 0 ABS. Its still dumb though, IMO, since it has yet to translate into faster lap times.

I went from driving with my brakes set at 8 front & rear to 1 all around. Only locks now when turning under simultaneous hard braking. Still gotta be a little careful, but waaay easier to drive fast now.

Maybe next I finally learn how to tune/drive an MR so I can stop hating on the NSX/Lotus guys...
Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #3688
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i was drifting on suzuka east for a good while last night. super fun, was able to adjust the LSD settings and increased speed tremendously. super good for maintaining grip and speed while drifting
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #3689
simmode1
Post Whore!

What LSD settings do you use for drifting? I use:
Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #3690
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
after owning all the other GT games, and after owning a PS3 for a while now, I FINALLY got GT5.

cool game! Just started playing it. Lot to learn.