Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #27241
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
Only people i know that put accord lights in a nissan is the canadians, and they run accord headlights for the canadian DOT inspections (like what you have in Nazi controlled california as far as the yearly inspections). they run them on R32's because the JDM lights dont conform to CA DOT inspections.

there is no fitment, they fit ill, and not in a good way, yeah you can be like "Hey bros, i got jdm tyte skyline headlights bruh bruh", but the only lights that belong on a Zenki, are Zenki lights...

....or no lights at all...

Hell, i'm not even a fan of projector retrofits, sure they give a great beam pattern, but to me, they look out of place stuffed inside such a "big" halogen housing.

call me a purist, but it's either USDM, or JDM housings for me all day. clear covers or not. I'd even pass on german glass, mostly because the fluting is going to make the beam pattern for shit, and you have to worry about breaking/crashing/cracking some $600 glass lenses, that have poor light output for US roads anyways.

Sorry, maybe I'm just an old man stuck in my ways...
maybe you are not understanding what I am saying man haha.

I don't care, at all, about JDM street cred or anything, that's why in my original post I didn't even mention them for what they are

They were cheaper than any USDM headlights (without broken tabs.) I could find by about half.
Thats why I bought them. projector, neat! glass so it's not faded to shit yellow, neat!

This car is not a DD, or even a backup DD, I have 2 other cars, It shouldn't really ever be driven on the road at night.

*edit, and I hate not running headlights. a lot.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #27242
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
it's either USDM, or JDM housings

This.

I love how the stock lenses look with my car but having the clear lenses/corners is something different, which is why I am in a dilemma to setup the clear lenses.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #27243
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Wat? How are JDM housings better than German glass? Put the right bulbs in them and they are plenty bright, and the fluting is correct for those headlights...not sure what you're getting at. Not sure how plastic headlights that are the wrong beam pattern are better than glass headlights that are brighter and are the correct beam pattern.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #27244
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
Wat? How are JDM housings better than German glass? Put the right bulbs in them and they are plenty bright, and the fluting is correct for those headlights...not sure what you're getting at. Not sure how plastic headlights that are the wrong beam pattern are better than glass headlights that are brighter and are the correct beam pattern.

JDM's are better IMO (just opinion), than ze jar-mans because of the divided housings, just looks neat...

Also, i forgot the glass ones has a LHD beam pattern... but you're still left with a light that would make you cry if anyone ever broke em, or rock chips cracked a housing, then go try to find one at a time to replace... just not my cup of tea i suppose...

Breitling about bumper gaps, and this other guy that PM'd me about fog light fitment with FMICs... here's my old youtube video with a more close up view of proper bumper and fog light fitment (pass side fog is crooked due to cracked housing, shit always bothered me)...

peanut butter jelly time...

S14 240SX SE with police issue Wig Wag head light flashers - YouTube

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #27245
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
I don't care, at all, about JDM street cred or anything
aero for man that gives no fucks, and it matches the R32 lighting perfect....

Zenki <3!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #27246
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzenki82 View Post
aero for man that gives no fucks, and it matches the r32 lighting perfect....

zenki <3!
brashhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 06-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #27247
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

bring da ruckus to dat ass with the braaaaaaaaaassssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Old 06-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #27248
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So buying german glass and worrying about rock chips is an issue, but drifting on baller wheels that most of us are still surprised you didn't bend one in that crazy crash of yours was ok and justifiable?

Strange times indeed.
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #27249
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
bring da ruckus to dat ass with the braaaaaaaaaassssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
A sig quote was just born.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #27250
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I miss the zenki look Think I might convert back and just have two front ends.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #27251
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
call me a purist, but it's either USDM, or JDM housings for me all day. clear covers or not. I'd even pass on german glass, mostly because the fluting is going to make the beam pattern for shit, and you have to worry about breaking/crashing/cracking some $600 glass lenses, that have poor light output for US roads anyways.

Have you even used the glass headlights before?
I had a set before my retrofit, and had a set of silverstart ultras in there and the output is amazing. Cut off is actually super sharp for a fluted lens. But if you have the cash and want a razor cutoff, retrofit is the way to go. I tested out the retrofit and used the original plastic lens and the out put was very good for being fluted, so you could just do that
Te37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #27252
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
JDM headlights suck.

Ask me how I know...

...don't bother though because I'm not telling you.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #27253
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G240 View Post
So buying german glass and worrying about rock chips is an issue, but drifting on baller wheels that most of us are still surprised you didn't bend one in that crazy crash of yours was ok and justifiable?
That car was bought and built to do exactly what it died doing. I had just sold my freshly restored R34 powered R32 GTR making 400awhp to get a car a little more drift oriented (as i didn't want to wreck the GTR like I did the white car). The S14 was meant to be somewhat disposable, as I wasn't going to aggressively track a car in some beater pile of shit after coming off a GTR. I hit more events, and did more demos in the time I owned that car, than I have since I started driving. I'd just hoped I wouldn't have finished it off so soon. Call it conceited.

When you get to do this Fun times at Bronson speedway - YouTube, every week, twice a week (thurs for T&T, Sat for circle track racing opener/intermission/close) for $10 both days, and hit 3 CFRC events four months, who cares what a clean zenki with rear 1/4 damage (before I stuffed it) goes through? It was the best 4 months of my driving life, and I got to showcase what ability I have in a really cool car.

And to get back on topic, learning how to make fiberglass fit with OEM and aftermarket parts...

I still have to get a new pass side headlight, and redo the lenses (prev owner used what looks like super glue), and paint them black like the OEM lenses. Then line up the pass side. Get the trunk done, and off to get it wrapped.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #27254
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Your sig would have been so much cooler if you had stuffed the 400hp GTR into the wall!

It tickles when I pee.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #27255
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

when you spend as much as I did bringing a turd like this back to life....

The last thing you'd want is a fancy picture of it riding wall at 55mph hahaha!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #27256
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
do this Fun times at Bronson speedway - YouTube, every week, twice a week (thurs for T&T, Sat for circle track racing opener/intermission/close) for $10 both days, and hit 3 CFRC events four months
i would <3 my life. dont even have local tracks in nashville anymore lol.
carmaniac1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #27257
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G240 View Post
drifting on baller wheels that most of us are still surprised you didn't bend one in that crazy crash of yours was ok and justifiable?
there goes that SNIP talk we were talkin about
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #27258
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Umm...last I checked, they drove on the RH in Germany, just like the states. Germany got some of the strictest safety standards, there's a reason why the damn headlights are made of glass instead of plastic. Try driving on the autobahn at 130 mph with US spec, plastic headlights and tell me again how crappy german spec headlights are compared to JDM or USDM headlights. The only cool thing about the JDM headlights is the seperate adjustment for the highs and lows.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #27259
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOOpA View Post
there goes that talk we were talkin about
May wanna edit that before pinking brosko

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #27260
Eraism
Leaky Injector

Eraism is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Only people i know that put accord lights in a nissan is the canadians, and they run accord headlights for the canadian DOT inspections (like what you have in Nazi controlled california as far as the yearly inspections). they run them on R32's because the JDM lights dont conform to CA DOT inspections.

there is no fitment, they fit ill, and not in a good way, yeah you can be like "Hey bros, i got jdm tyte skyline headlights bruh bruh", but the only lights that belong on a Zenki, are Zenki lights...

....or no lights at all...

Hell, i'm not even a fan of projector retrofits, sure they give a great beam pattern, but to me, they look out of place stuffed inside such a "big" halogen housing.

Couldn't have worded it any better myself. Always felt like retrofits looked like ebay halos. maybe 1 in 10 look like they belong.

lurk lurk lurk
Eraism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #27261
SammyJunior
Zilvia Member

SammyJunior is an unknown quantity at this point
I miss driving this thing. Hopefully I'll have time to paint it tomarrow.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #27262
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #27263
Ca18detCooop
Leaky Injector

Ca18detCooop is an unknown quantity at this point
just traded my S13 ca18det coupe with a shit load of body damage for a Zenki on coils will post pics later.

do u guys think ill regret it?

traded this

for this so far love it so much more its easyer to drift has AC and coilovers are newer and feel more stiffer
Ca18detCooop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #27264
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Nop. KA24DE is better then CA18DET anyways.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #27265
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin
^like

onweionvvjubfehvb
carmaniac1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:03 AM   #27266
Ca18detCooop
Leaky Injector

Ca18detCooop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
i love it so much better and the whole car feels more easyer to drive and easyer to whip around corners. i had the paint for the front so no big deal any ideas where i can find a lip anyone?
Ca18detCooop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #27267
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I really like how all those china sport clear covers give you that awesome headlight to hood gap to allow for more cooling to the engine bay, and when people put hids in there, no that looks like crap, and who cars about light output, just drive in the daylight, or in summer.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #27268
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
anyone know where I can get that BRZZSH BOYZZZ Kit? I want to set the next trend by giving the s14 a throwback!!!

/sarcasma

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #27269
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kOOpA View Post
there goes that SNIP talk we were talkin about
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
May wanna edit that before pinking brosko

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
+1 And it probably wasn't even necessary.

I think you guys took my comment out of context and misunderstoood my point.

It wasn't questioning how or why BlackZenki's car was built or the parts that was used. If he wants to put highend parts on his car and drift it that way by all means he can do whatever he feels like doing. I have an appreciation for those who do spend the money and still take the risk of drifting knowing full well what hitting a wall will do.

But he made a comment about people worrying about damaging $600 glass headlights which I found it to be odd considering that his car in paticular was running navan aero and work wheels which too me would be more valuable in replacement than worry about 600 headlights.

If you don't like glass lenses thats fine, its not for everyone. But justifying the reason why you wouldn't spend 600 on glass headlights because of damage yet drift on expensive work wheels is questionable.

<----pretty much

I'm sure his next project/projects will be and look awesome and I look forward to his updates as I personally loved his white zenki.

And BlackZenki dont take anything I say personally broski do your thing.
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #27270
LazyStance
Zilvia Member

LazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really niceLazyStance is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
Stock yes, built right, no!