Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
AfroSamurai

Trader Rating: (0)
AfroSamurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 240sx small wheel problem

Hey there! I'm new to this forum, just bought an sr20 240.
I was wondering if anybody could help with this fitment problem, I searched and it seems no one else has tried. I am trying to run a 15x8 wheel, but I have 300zx brake and caliper setup. This is the wheel in perticular -> Welcome To Aero Race Wheels ~ Estherville, Iowa
I am really set on these wheels, unless there is a larger rim somewhere out there with this dish style. If anybody knows of such a rim please let me know!!
I dont really want to run spacers because fts and i REALLY dont want to cut into my fenders for fender flares.

The look i want to acheive would be somthing like this
Or this
Thanks for any help!
AfroSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Twinkies!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Twinkies! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Diamond racing look them up
Twinkies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
AfroSamurai

Trader Rating: (0)
AfroSamurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies! View Post
Diamond racing look them up
I've seen all the dimond racing wheels, and may resort to that. But I'm really trying to find out if theres a way to run the aero race wheels.
AfroSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Aero Race wheels literally look like they come from the same place as Diamond Racing place. Go with whatever is cheaper or more convenient to get.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
How about you just get wheels with the proper back spacing/offset so you dont have to run spacers. But looking at how flat those faces are, you'd probably need spacers to clear bigger Z32 brakes from touching the rim face. If you're gonna get wheels, atleast get one with 4" inch back spacing or less. Less back spacing more negative offset it is and the further the wheels will stick out.

Basic offset/back spacing 101: These wheels are 8" wide. Half of that is 4" and is the center of the wheel. At that spot is your 0 offset. So theoratically, if you you get wheels that is 8" and 4" back spacing, that wheels should be 8" and 0 offset. If you get 8" wide wheels and 3" back spacing, your hub point is 3" from the inside of the wheels. You will be going into negative offset at that point. 1" equates to roughly 25.4mm, so if you run 1" less back spacing, that wheel is gonna be -25 offset.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote