Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #2731
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
are you sure the widths are 8" front and 9" rear. With those tire sizes, it should be more stretched with those widths
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #2732
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamangSorbetero View Post

Was thinking I could make them fit with just a bit of camber in the rear while keeping the fronts at around 2.5 degrees. That's where I have em in the front right now. The coilover bracket design already comes notched somehow for FF2's. But if I drill into it some more, I risk compromising the rigidity of the mount. The bolt already hits the milled part.

Can still do shakotan/zokusha without laying frame. Would love to, but California roads aren't very forgiving with lowered cars. Atleast where I live.

Help! It still looks weird af. Something still seems off about the style I want to achieve
Are you eyeballing camber or is that a measurement off a alignment rack? If you top hats are maxed alone you should be able to achieve about -3, and about -7 with your lower mount notched. Somethings not adding up here.

16s will help you achieve the look without being undriveable but then again, thats part of the look.

Most of the cars in this thread, or at least the ones that look good, are running a 15x9 to 10.5 with anywhere from a 195/50 to a 205/60. That makes the wheel smaller in the wheel well, meaning you ultimately need to lower the car EVEN MORE then on a 17's to eliminate wheel gap.

For reference, here my coupe that I was running 15's on. 15x8.5 front and 15x8 rear with 195/55 all around. I had the coils max low in the front with one collar removed.

The frame was about 1" off the ground, my oil pan skid plate had to be rebolted every other week because I kept scraping the bolt heads off, and I would regularly drag on the freeway if I forgot to ride to one side of the lane to avoid the divots in the roadway. It wasn't fun to get places but people flipped out when they saw the car rollin' at highway speed. I had a daily so I didn't mind the scraping.

TBH, if this is your daily, you probably won't be happy running this style properly. The car needs to be RETARDED LOW to make 15 and 16s look good. I have no idea how about 50% of the Japanese rides posted in this thread even move. Albeit they are excellent to look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKsamuraiS14 View Post
are you sure the widths are 8" front and 9" rear. With those tire sizes, it should be more stretched with those widths
I agree, somethings not adding up here.

Are you going off measurements stamped on the wheel? Or did you measure you're wheels lip to lip instead of bead to bead? If you did lip to lip then your sizes are actually 1/2 to 1 inch narrower then you're thinking.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #2733
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Trust fam. It's measurements stamped on the back of the wheel. 2.5 degrees camber up front on the alignment rack. It's maxed camber. The FF2 coils have this fat bearing housing that hits the end of the camber-adjustable tophat so you can't adjust it as far as say, Tein coilovers.

Here's my car but with a 16x8 with +16 offset. So it's all so confusing to me lol. You guys are probably better at this all. Just trying to look at people's posted specs but like I said, some have good camber or dropped a lot to make it look good.

Last edited by MamangSorbetero; 12-27-2016 at 08:58 PM..
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #2734
jay70

jay70 is on the path to ruinjay70 is on the path to ruin
hey man no offence but that thing looks horrible. should prob just stop trying tbh
jay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #2735
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay70 View Post
hey man no offence but that thing looks horrible. should prob just stop trying tbh
It's a test wheel to see actual fitment on an S13 based on industry measurements. I want to get measurements right before you drop thousands on a custom setup. Wouldn't you?
Old 12-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #2736
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I think you just need to play around with fitting different wheels on your car (with tires, on the ground) and for sure roll your fenders!

LockOn! gave some great info, hit the nail on the head

My car is nothing special at all and I've posted it in this thread once before, but just to give you an idea of what these specs look like here's my car. Like LockOn! said, with 15's and small tires, your car needs to be basically on the ground to get rid of wheel gap. My car is pretty damn low, but plan on lowering it more next spring

15x9 +0 205/50-15 -3ish camber all around

Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #2737
nightmoves180

nightmoves180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Help! It still looks weird af. Something still seems off about the style I want to achieve [/QUOTE]

not really sure what you're trying to achieve, but i'd suggest losing most of the stickers. I'm sure you're going for an old school race style but i think simple is the way to go (points for having cool stickers tho). shortened exhaust would look better as well. some 15s would suit it much more imo, and you wouldn't have to go too much lower if at all if you run bigger tires.
nightmoves180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #2738
jay70

Lol i was referring to your whole car in general actually

But really you're going about this completely wrong so have fun i guess
Old 12-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #2739
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Lol i was referring to your whole car in general actually

But really you're going about this completely wrong so have fun i guess

Zokusha/shakotan is a weird and ironic style in J-land culture. It's a way to make your car look like the old 70's and 80's silhoutte race cars without actually doing so. They do that by lowering to the floor, adding "racing sponsor" decals like their idolized silhouette cars and using extremely offset, deep wheels with tire stretch.

It's something you gotta understand to fully grasp the style. It may look weird to some but it's a hard to master style. That's why some guys like LockOn help a lot with wheel fitment.

The style evolved today into what everyone knows is the "Rocket Bunny" look or Rauh-Welt Begriff style or Liberty Walk style. Its from this oldschool look.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #2740
jay70

Um ok. My old 180 has been posted in here a few times and I've recently bought another one to build in the same style so i dunno. I guess i obviously dont know anything compared to you though mamangsorbetero
Old 12-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #2741
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Um ok. My old 180 has been posted in here a few times and I've recently bought another one to build in the same style so i dunno. I guess i obviously dont know anything compared to you though mamangsorbetero
Well people's tastes differ. What you think looks off is spot-on to someone else. Just because you don't like some style cues doesn't mean yours or someone else's style is better or worse.

Wheel fitment is what I want to get right with my 180 because I want to go wider and with a deeper offset. Maybe move to 15" wheels from my 16". Your 180 looked alright so maybe help others out instead of calling their's shitty? We don't tell you to stop trying with your car builds. Don't be such a downer bro, you posted similar things to other people in this thread before too.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #2742
jay70

Well people have already tried to help but you dont want to accept their suggestions

1. Roll your fenders
2. Get better coilovers and lower your car a lot
3. Get decent sized wheels. Around 15x8 0 offset is a good starting point. This will already need a bit of camber and fender work
4. Tyre size i usually go with a 195/55 for drivability but sometimes a 195/50 for extra clearance. Tyres too small will give you massive wheel gap which will look dumb

If you are looking for max drivability i would be looking at 15x7 0 offset with 195/60s. It wont be 'shakotan' but will look period correct and wont have your frame on the ground
Old 12-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #2743
jay70

Quote:
The style evolved today into what everyone knows is the "Rocket Bunny" look or Rauh-Welt Begriff style or Liberty Walk style. Its from this oldschool look.
You've been reading too much speedhunters content bro haha
Old 12-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #2744
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Well people have already tried to help but you dont want to accept their suggestions

1. Roll your fenders
2. Get better coilovers and lower your car a lot
3. Get decent sized wheels. Around 15x8 0 offset is a good starting point. This will already need a bit of camber and fender work
4. Tyre size i usually go with a 195/55 for drivability but sometimes a 195/50 for extra clearance. Tyres too small will give you massive wheel gap which will look dumb

If you are looking for max drivability i would be looking at 15x7 0 offset with 195/60s. It wont be 'shakotan' but will look period correct and wont have your frame on the ground
Thanks bro that's what I need help with.

I think I can go 15x8 with some 195's to make it look clean and simple. I'm playing around with Willtheyfit.com and measuring it in person to get it right. Some wheel manufacturers also measure offset differently and it adds to the confusion. I saw your 180 had some 15x8.5 and that's a look I want to try and do this coming year.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:42 AM   #2745
Bricey

Bricey is an unknown quantity at this point
9j et0 is perfect on standard arches with 195/55/15 get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:33 AM   #2746
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
WHAT IN THE LITERAL SH1T JUST HAPPENED? HOW did this turn into an e-argument? I don't even...mamang, just get better wheel fitment browski. End of discussion. Why...my brain hurts. More shakotan please...
because you like NISMO

because you like bosozuku spoilers

because you said camber

because rocket bunny

Now, this style has no shape, form, or relation to rocket bunny. RB has taken some styling cues from boso and shakotan cars in their builds, but they are TOTALLY different. I won't start e-peening a dissertation about it all, but two different schools of thought...generally.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:37 AM   #2747
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Posted by Shirtstuckin
10j

Kalem_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:39 AM   #2748
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I don't think this has been posted here..

Kalem_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #2749
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
just get better wheel fitment browski. End of discussion.

This is really the answer.

If you don't want to be balls low, then you need to run 15x10 or 15x10.5 so that you can run a tall tire like 205/60 so it still stretches and it doesn't looks like shit.

For example, the tire sizing on the Rose Bud car. The larger tires make it ride at the height of you typical Schassis slammed on 17's, but it still pulls off the look.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #2750
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I want to the see an engine bay shot of mama gang's camber plate. I think I know what's going on.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #2751
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^ you think he's running his coilovers on the wrong sides?
Old 12-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #2752
NotLowEnough
Zilvia Member

NotLowEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
It won't matter, more. Camber isn't going to fix his problem. He needs new/deeper wheels and to nut up and lower his car more.
NotLowEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #2753
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLowEnough View Post
... lower his car more.
He can't. Bad roads in California. He doesn't live on the east coast like us bro. Our roads are smoother than baby bottoms.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #2754
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLowEnough View Post
It won't matter, more. Camber isn't going to fix his problem.

I think its more of curiosity at this point. I know I'm curious as hell.

There is absolutely no way he is running notched lower brackets and maxed out top hats and only achieving -2.5*

Either those coilovers are garbage or they are installed incorrectly. Or something is really really bent lol.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #2755
NotLowEnough
Zilvia Member

NotLowEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. Something doesn't make sense. He should have way more camber than he does. But it still isn't going to fix his issue with wanting to be "shakotan AF" (whatever that means).

The cars I've seen coming out of the west coast are retarded low and. Don't seem to bitch about the roads. And driftsucky, you are in New York which have some of the worst roads I've ever seen lol.
NotLowEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #2756
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

false. If I had bad roads, we couldn't ride slammed. We all saw mangosantini type how bad the roads in Cali are. Clearly, roads are smooth everywhere else. That's why you never see slammed cars in Cali. I think the roads start getting bad around Montana or so.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #2757
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I want to the see an engine bay shot of mama gang's camber plate. I think I know what's going on.

Bearing housing is extremely fat on these Function Form 2 coilovers. Unlike Cusco, PBM or the like, the tophat doesn't provide much in terms of camber or much at all. But for what you pay for these Taiwan coilovers, they are pretty great, quality-wise. Just not very adjustable (can't lower more than 4.24" or more than 2.5 degrees camber).

I'm thinking I will go with either a 15x8 +13 or 0 offset all around or a 9. A 9 might be sticking out too much on the fronts maybe? Rosebud car has fender flares and trying to fit wider wheels without going that route if I can. I daily this thing going to college and what not so it needs to be able to hop those speedbumps and not die on the freeway jumps as much as I'd like to slam it on the frame.

Going to use a 55 or 60 sidewall on the 15" wheels so to keep the gap small haha
Old 12-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #2758
Bricey

Bricey is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's 9j -23 on standard arches just inner lips flattened. 9j et0 will be fine under stock arches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #2759
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Bearing housing is extremely fat on these Function Form 2 coilovers. Unlike Cusco, PBM or the like, the tophat doesn't provide much in terms of camber or much at all. But for what you pay for these Taiwan coilovers, they are pretty great, quality-wise. Just not very adjustable (can't lower more than 4.24" or more than 2.5 degrees camber).

I'm thinking I will go with either a 15x8 +13 or 0 offset all around or a 9. A 9 might be sticking out too much on the fronts maybe?
Wooow those coils fucking blow, sorry man.

As for the wheels, do a 15x9 +-0 all around, and try a 195/60 all around. I think you'll still have two much gap with a 55 series tire.

OR better yet, consider a 15x9.5. That way, you can run a 205/60 for even more ground clearance and get away with it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...114.3&_sacat=0

Fatlace makes some, or some cheepie NS mesh with spacers. No offense but I take it this is on a budget. Anything is better then steel trailer wheels IMO
Old 12-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #2760
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Wooow those coils fucking blow, sorry man.

As for the wheels, do a 15x9 +-0 all around, and try a 195/60 all around. I think you'll still have two much gap with a 55 series tire.

OR better yet, consider a 15x9.5. That way, you can run a 205/60 for even more ground clearance and get away with it.

Fatlace makes some, or some cheepie NS mesh with spacers. No offense but I take it this is on a budget. Anything is better then steel trailer wheels IMO
Hopefully 15x9 0 offset would look juuuust right. Yes those coils aren't very good for adjustability but they are pretty durable and ride nice enough. Maybe I'll get extended and boxed FLCA some time or one of those GKTech correction spacers.

60 sidewall sounds correct and should fill up the wheel well quite nicely. You'll see and I'll post soon when I get this fitment thing all figured out. Thanks for the help guys