Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any regrets after selling the 240?

Welp, I'm at that stage where I'm up in the air on what to do with my 240. I recently bought a M35x and for obvious reasons its a night and day difference with the 240. I'm not sure if I want to go the VIP route with that car.

I actually like the ride and handling of the 240, plus its a manual...but man...after driving the G37 I'm having second thoughts. I don't plan to get yet another car for another five years, but the G37 is so nice and I can only imagine the upcoming 370z being awesome. I guess something about the chassis appeals to me.

Then on the other hand, I'm just $xxxx.xx from 'completing' my car and its nice to have a 2nd car with no payments on it. Also I can put more money to stiffen the chassis...but still dunno its worth it. I highly doubt I'd sell it through the usual channels, infact I know only two people that I would be even remotely interested in selling the car to.

So anyways, to end my rambling....

Has anyone had regrets selling their 240? Also, after selling your 240 what did you get? another 240?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
yeah. i deeply regret selling my baby. but if you dont have to or having second thoughts about selling it. then dont.

now im back and about to buy another 240.

plus if you sell it your gonna miss it everytime you go on this forum. even for the months i didnt have a 240 i still came here to check on things.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
redclaw05
Zilvia Member

redclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to redclaw05
i regreted selling my sil-80....but im glad i have my s14 now
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
driftphenom
Zilvia Member

driftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the rough
i regret selling my s13. but i sold it to help with the s14, but in hindsight id rather have kept it so id have an s13 and 14
driftphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would keep it. I bought and sold a janky S14 and I even regret selling that. I'm debating on whether to keep an S13 vert or sell it to finish up my S14. I think I'm going to keep the S13 and slowly finish my S14.

It's not going to cost you much to keep it. I think you will regret it.
nismo tuned s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
lost_generation
Leaky Injector

lost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nice
i regret getting rid of 3 of my cars, tried to get outta the s-chassis... but once again i find myself looking for another s14...

shits weak... but damn 240's have a strong magnetic pull to them
lost_generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, I'm finally selling my hatch.

It feels ok, but I don't think I'll be able to fully leave S chassis for a while, I'll have the coupe still. Just am not "done" with the thing, you know?

I know you have been in the game for as long or longer than I, it does get old after a while...

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
issac
Leaky Injector

issac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really nice
I was upset I had to sell my s13 coupe.....I sold it because I have a 2 yr old son and one on the way. My car was incredibly fun to drive but, was not comfortable at all (for kids).
It had a redtop sr with s15 turbo, FMIC, ya da ya da ya da. I am now a proud owner of a stock 1995 SE. The end.

I never thaught I would say this but, my plans are to go the fashion before function route. Things change when you have more mouths to feed. I look at it this way I have a car in good shape with no payments. Hopefully when my children grow a little older I can begin to focus on the performance aspect of my platform. Good luck brother.
issac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
altalti
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
altalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura aboutaltalti has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I regret selling my s14 in may but I had my daughter July 1st and she comes first. I have recently gotten a s13 to fill the void but it isn't quite the same .
altalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
when my first s14 was stolen i told myself i could never again own a 240. i had my jeep for about 3 months before i couldnt take it anymore and picked up my 2nd s14. there's just something about these damn cars that you will simply not be able to get outta your head.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i miss driving my 240sx. but i dont miss worrying about it getting stolen or breaking down. my new car is faster, handles just as good, and if it breaks i get to take it to the dealer and let them mess with it. ill probably buy another 240 when i have more disposable income. right now im just happy with what i got.

BTW im still here because none of the Mazda forums even come close to Zilvia. i even went premie without owning a 240
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Out of the dozens of people I know who've owned 240s and sold them I can only think of 3 that DIDNT regret the decision.

The worst is those who had a really nice one, then sold it, realized their mistake and ended up with a heap when they tried to get back into 240s

Out of all of the people I know of who sold their 240 for something else, the only ones who didn't regret it either went to an MK4 supra, or a Miata.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #13
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Yup... I decided against selling mine and I'm glad I did.
I would've hated myself everytime I saw a 240 on the street.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #14
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I sold my s14 to buy a s13. Best decision evar! But in your case I think you would miss it just not having one. Repairs are much cheaper and no car note.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I regret selling 8 times. When you I own one, I alway neglect it. When I don't own one, I want one. I have a s14 kouki getting the treatment. But I want a s13 hatch now. I'll probably buy a hatch when I find a clean one and sell my fd3s.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #16
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I sold my s13 to a buddy.

I never drove it hard, fixed it up, did all the maintenance, got tons of new parts, never raced it, always kept it clean, all that good stuff. That was 3 months ago.

My friend on the other hand, beat the fuck out of it. The rear tires are bald, the engine is starting to tick, he puts 87 in it (i never once put anything under 91 in it), and its dirty as fuck.

I regret selling my car every day since I did.

I bought a BMW. I wanted something quiet, comfortable, and respectable among potential employers.

A grey 20 year old nissan with an exhaust, rims (and if I had kept it) by this time a turbo, isnt too appealing to corporate types.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Not in the least.

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #18
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Thanks for the responses so far. I bought the Infiniti because I needed something comfortable and appealing to corporate types. I'm just wondering if a few years down the road, if I will want a more appealing car to replace the 240. The G37 is just too nice and I <3 the beefy stock suspension arms.

For now its looking like I will keep it and drive it till it falls apart.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #19
anyotherone
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
anyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I sold my Rb25det powered kouki S14 and I don't regret it at all. There's been a few weak moments when I thought about the things I could have done with it, but it was a pain.

I daily an IS300 now and I like it alot, the only thing I would consider getting out of it for would be an LS400 to do a VIP style cruiser and have more luxury, but I would probably regret that and it doesn't really fit my lifestyle/image.

I do have an S13 project car now though, so I guess I'm cheating. I just decided a stockish daily driver and a balls to the wall fun car would be more fun than trying to daily a highly modified car. My wife agrees too... that's important for the continued... uh, happiness of us married guys. :P
anyotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #20
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
it's a nice fun car to have, plain and simple

just because you got a new better car.. would you beat on that car? would you take it to the track? do you push it hard? do you drive it like you stole it?

those are questions that should decide what you want to do with your 240

I personally don't plan on ever selling it, well unless I got a new better track car
Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #21
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
probably about to sell mine to get either a 04 M45 or 06-07 M35.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #22
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
it's a nice fun car to have, plain and simple

just because you got a new better car.. would you beat on that car? would you take it to the track? do you push it hard? do you drive it like you stole it?
I wouldn't beat on it, but then again I don't with the 240. I would take it to the track so I can have a better understanding of the car and have fun. To chime on that, would only push it hard at a track or backroad. I wouldn't drive it (or even my 240) like I stole it....I don't like to look like a douche lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
probably about to sell mine to get either a 04 M45 or 06-07 M35.
All I can say about the M35 is that its a BIG car and a nice cruising vehicle. The 2007+ G35(x) sedan is smaller, but has some nice performance and can be had (if you're lucky) for ~$5K more.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #23
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
I sold my s13, I regret selling it. I come to zilvia everyday, it makes me feel like I still have my 240 when I get off I realize I don't.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
regret selling my s14 and buying an s13
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #25
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
if i get a car for vip stats. ill keep my s13. at least i got something that i can do spirited driving and not worrying about busting my nice luxury car for it.

lilke u said. its nice to have 1 car no monthly payments to pay.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #26
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I still have my first and only 240.

I don't have plans to ever sell it.

I'll take off all of the parts or sell off the parts and burn or crush the chassi just so that I know someone won't be driving it around.

It's my baby.

Sometimes it does pop into my head that my financial status would be better if I was to sell it, but I'll never be able to get back what I put into it anyways so what's the point.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #27
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
Dont have kids, keep the 240, save for a big down on your G.

flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #28
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
I deeply regret selling my S14.

had so much in it and sold it dirt cheap.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #29
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
im planning to buy a second-gen gs300 right now but i cant find sufficient funds to pay for it without selling my car.
if only i could keep my 240 and buy the gs300 for daily

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #30
1985zcar
Zilvia Member

1985zcar is making a name for him/her self1985zcar is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 1985zcar
I sold my Kouki S14 and bought a SC300 5spd...at the moment I still kind of regret it because my Lexus isn't to the level I want it to be at yet (1J is sitting in my friend's garage).

I liked the way the 240SX handled a lot, but the Lexus isn't that bad for how much heavier it is, plus it's way nicer, and I think once I get the 1J in and the diff done, I'll be enjoying it a lot more.

Plus, I made good money off my 240SX and got my SC for pretty cheap.
1985zcar is offline   Reply With Quote